• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS prices don't match OSC prices

netfrugal

I have a USPS UserID, entered it into the USPS shipping module and it is on the production server. I've specified the originating shipping zipcode in configuration. And I've also entered a weight for my products.

When I test purchasing a product - the USPS shipping prices do indeed show on the checkout_shipping.php, but when I compare them to the USPS.com website for calculating postage - they are not the same.

I've searched the forums for this same problem, but so far I haven't seen this same issue. Not to say it isn't mentioned.

I've tested this on a fresh osCommerce install and I get the same results.

HELP!

-Marc

I have a USPS UserID, entered it into the USPS shipping module and it is on the production server. I've specified the originating shipping zipcode in configuration. And I've also entered a weight for my products.

When I test purchasing a product - the USPS shipping prices do indeed show on the checkout_shipping.php, but when I compare them to the USPS.com website for calculating postage - they are not the same.

I've searched the forums for this same problem, but so far I haven't seen this same issue. Not to say it isn't mentioned.

I've tested this on a fresh osCommerce install and I get the same results.

HELP!

-Marc

if the Module is reporting higher cost than USPS, check the Tare wieght setting in the Admin. Sinc ethe module is adding the the tare weight to the product weight to determine actual wieght to base the shipping cost on - if you are going to USPS and entering the weight of the product, it will be lower than what the module says.

Set the Tare weight to the weght of the package and packaging material that you typically use.

My Contributions

Henry Smith

if the Module is reporting higher cost than USPS, check the Tare wieght setting in the Admin. Sinc ethe module is adding the the tare weight to the product weight to determine actual wieght to base the shipping cost on - if you are going to USPS and entering the weight of the product, it will be lower than what the module says.

Set the Tare weight to the weght of the package and packaging material that you typically use.

You were right! Those extra settings were totally throwing me off!

I understand the Tare Weight, but is the "Larger packages - percentage increase" setting used for?

You were right! Those extra settings were totally throwing me off!

I understand the Tare Weight, but is the "Larger packages - percentage increase" setting used for?

I have not need to use this myself, but from what I understand it works like this -

USPS prices change depnding on package size (aka Large packages) and also only take up to 70 pounds.

So not if a customer buys $200 in items and the weight is 100lbs, the additional 30lbs are calulated at 10% of the $200.00 (or an additional $20 is added to the shipping cost)

My Contributions

Henry Smith