• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Form Problem

AppliedServers

I am currently setting up a site which uses Protx Form. I have used the latest version of the Protx Form module. All seems to be working in the sense that I am looking at the right screens at the right time during checkout. My problem is that I add products to my cart, proceed to checkout and select Protx as my payment option. Then I add my details and confirm. This launches the Protx payment window as I would have expected (using the Protx test environment). I then put my card details in and proceed with the payment. I get a brief processing page which then tells me I have been successful and returns me to the home page of my site. As a customer I get an email confirmation and as a seller I get a payment notification as I would expect. Problem is that the whole process doesn't seem to place an order. When I log into the admin section of oscommerce there is no order waiting for me and when I go back and log back in as the customer I find that the products I have just bought are still in the shopping cart waiting for me to pay for them.

Can anyone throw any light on this. As far as I can see I have set everything up correctly. I have never used Protx before and am wondering if there is something subtle I have missed.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately I cant help with your problem...yet, but I reckon you will be able to shed some light on a problem I have. I am currently a few steps behind you in setting up protx, I have installed the module in oscommerce and in the setup area in admin its asking for a merchantID and a password. My client has given me their testing details however there is a MerchantID, a username and a password. I have tried all variations but protx tells me they are all invalid!!!? Whats that all about then?

I guess my question is which info should I be using, and where?

ANY advice appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

You need to enter their merchant ID and their password into oscommerce. It might be worth confirming that your client has actually set up their test account and that the password they have given you is the "Encryption Password" rather than their test account user password. There are probably security issues related to them giving you their Encryption Password but as far as I can see without it you can't set up the payment gateway. The username relates to the logon to the test server and isn't relevent to the payment module - I think!

Let me know how you get on and in particular whether youhave the same problem I am having.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I've exactly the same problem. What version of MySQL and PHP are you using? I've just encountered this problem after migrating from MySQL 3.23 & PHP 4.3.10 to MySQL 5.0.18 and PHP 5. No problems encountered for over two years until now.

The other thing I've noticed, I only get this problem when the amount involved is ?100 or over. It's happened to two of our customers in the last 24 hours and both had order values over ?100. I then tested this on our test server and it happened again. I'm convinced it has something to do with order values and MYSQL 5. If I find out, I'll let you.

Abz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I've entered the VSP Vendor Name & the Encription Password but I'm getting the following error:

An error has occurred whilst attempting the requested operation. The error is:

Your transaciton could not be registered. Some of the information you passed is not compatible with your account. Check your vendor name, currency and transaction type.

Can you help please? It would be much appreciated! :)

You need to enter their merchant ID and their password into oscommerce. It might be worth confirming that your client has actually set up their test account and that the password they have given you is the "Encryption Password" rather than their test account user password. There are probably security issues related to them giving you their Encryption Password but as far as I can see without it you can't set up the payment gateway. The username relates to the logon to the test server and isn't relevent to the payment module - I think!

Let me know how you get on and in particular whether youhave the same problem I am having.

Mark