• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After you sell items on ebay is it possible to have an add to your items process?

loosefigures

Right now I am running a lot of ebay auctions. I want it so that I can place a link in my end of auction emails so that it takes them directly to my store to purchase more items if they want. Has anyone devised a way so that it will automaticly import a certain total into their cart already from the auctions that they won? If that isnt feasible, can anyone think of any alternatives to get people to add items to their auction items that they won?

I would caution against that, it may violate some of eBays rules.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

I thought that once an auction is over you can offer them whatever extras you want? I currently have around 16,000 feedback comments so I know my way pretty well around ebay although I could be wrong.

Have you ever used auctionblox.com? Seems like an intresting concept, but at the same time it does not seem to do much more than the contribution I posted.

The idea of having to pay month after month is one i'm not fond of... I wish they offered a way to buy it once and for all.

I used it when it was first launched, with great success. However, I no longer trade on eBay, and I no longer have a store selling goods, concentrating more on the development side of things....

The contribution you posted, as far as I can tell is a back office assistant, whilst auctionblox basically extends your store to being a component of eBay and viceversa; i.e. somebody buys something on ebay, gets a success email from the store automatically, prompting checkout with you. They then visit your store where you can upsell as you like, before checking out and paying postage etc.

I know what you mean about paying ad infinitum, it does (in my opinion) make it a less appealling prospect, and is also the reason that the contrib isnt on these pages elsewhere.

Have you ever used auctionblox.com? Seems like an intresting concept, but at the same time it does not seem to do much more than the contribution I posted.

The idea of having to pay month after month is one i'm not fond of... I wish they offered a way to buy it once and for all.

I don't mind paying for software that helps make me profitable, but $40/mo. is ridiculous. My auction management software is $70/year and my listing program is $24.99/mo., both of which are every bit as powerful as Auctionblox.

I understand the desire to profit from one's labors (I do it myself), but I also know the difference between legitimate profit and profiteering. Also, didn't ebay open their API last year? I'd think the fees now are much more reasonable.

I've been checking this board for months to see if anybody's come up with an auctionblox alternative. If it's here I haven't found it. If anybody knows of one, I'd appreciate a PM. Thanks.

hold that thought, i may be in touch shortly...

Thanks Tony, I will be looking forward to hearing from you with hopefully positive news.

In my other post I forgot to address the poster who questioned the 'legality' of checkout redirect for ebay auctions. Ebay has never forbidden third party checkouts. They would have a hard time doing so considering the many developers who've paid a lot of money over the years to access their API so they could sell checkout redirects to their customers. Some of the more well-known third party providers with CDs include Andale, ChannelAdvisor and many others.

Now that the API is free for individuals, I'd think somebody would have coded a checkout redirect for osC. I realize it's not copacetic to advertise for services here, but I'd just like to repeat my request for anyone who knows of anyone who's developed one to contact me. 'Free' is not a requirement.

god forbid anybody actually mentions anything commercial on osc. If its small time, it aint allowed. However if it benefits the big boys, such as paypal, ebay, 2checkout etc. etc, then fair game......

god forbid anybody actually mentions anything commercial on osc. If its small time, it aint allowed. However if it benefits the big boys, such as paypal, ebay, 2checkout etc. etc, then fair game......

Good point. We can mention auctionblox, but if somebody else here has a similar product, no. I won't even pretend to understand that.

• 1 month later...

Actually you can include your own checkout link in your ad without a problem.

It's all in this link on the ebay developers forum.

You are always welcome to handle checkout however you want on eBay by e-mailing the buyer or putting information in your listing description. You are never required to use PayPal or any particular payment method.

Link to information: Actual information on developers forum

• 1 month later...

Hey all;

We actually run auctionblox on my site and run the $100 or so a month or whatever the max is. We're a full thriving ebay business for a couple of years now.

If you're serious then yes Auctionblox is the way to go and is 100% ebay compliant. The comment that you can have a link to your checkout on your ad...HOLD ON. You cannot provide a link to ANY SITE that leads to sales outside of ebay. It would have to be a webpage WITH NO LINK TO YOUR SITE IF YOU'RE SELLING OUTSIDE OF EBAY.

Really think you're playing with fire if you depend on eBay and are thinking of a non ebay endorsed checkout method. Here's an example of a compliant checkout (Auctionblox)

https://misterbling.com/auctionblox.php

Notice no reference to the site or any link for that matter.

If you doubt I know what I'm talking about I'm sure you can find me on eBay. Just be careful.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmisterblingQQhtZ-1

Archived