• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Nightmare...

Things generally running well with Osc except the Paypal aspect, most orders go through ok with the Osc system holding the order info. IPN is turned on with Paypal and the totals are correct now I have standardised the shipping, and the customers ordered items never show in Paypal... thats ok, I can live with that as I should get all the info I need from Admin, well thats where my problem is, mostly all the info is shown, but 1 in 4 orders has no order details in Osc.

I know they have ordered because the amount is present on the Paypal account, I can also see that the same person has created an account on my website, yet there is no trace of the order, I am having to email and even telephone these people to ask what they ordered.. which is embarrassing to say the least.

I have read similar problems elsewhere on the forum, one suggestion being that you should send yourself duplicate emails, this does not work however if the order has not been captured on the Osc system, or at least not retained.

If anyone can offer some guidance on solving this I would be very grateful. I would hate to have to abandon Osc on my websites as it is a very cool piece of software.

Thanks in advance

use the recover cart sales, or any other contribution where you can see the customer's basket. This info is available regardless of order recording. You can also install a contribution like create orders and set it up from the customer's basket info.

use the recover cart sales, or any other contribution where you can see the customer's basket. This info is available regardless of order recording. You can also install a contribution like create orders and set it up from the customer's basket info.

Thanks Enigma1, I will look into this.

Have been tinkering with paypal's autoreturn features etc, but it still appears flawed with the absence of ssl return path.

Basically, I am finding the upshot is that using osc and paypal where the customer basically has to input 2 sets (even with paypal's so called express checkout) of address details is off-putting to the customer and I have already noticed a significant drop in completed sales orders over the past two weeks.

I know osc are working on a 'order without account' feature, but until that is up and running the use of osc together with Paypa can be damaging to sales... I really wish that was not so, because the osc program is a super piece of work.

Will give it a few more days, and I may reluctantly have to go back to the old style html website and order buttons /sigh

Edit: I know there are 'order without account' contributions, but the existing trouble with Paypal would only compound the overall problems

Edited by Mickross

So did you install this contribution and the express checkout didn't work?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

As I read the pp docs this method should be transparent to the customer. They enter the cc details and the module does the rest.

The support thread for this is right on this forum and very active you could also ask that question there.