• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Yes, it does matter that you are using LinkPoint because LinkPoint bypasses part of the checoutProcess functions - and in all cases where payment modules bypass all or part of the normal checkout process then the payment module has to be adapted to work with CCGV(trad).

This adaptation is available for people using the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN, but not for Link Point. It seems that Link Point specifically require the following (which is in the error):

Charge total must be the sum of sub total, tax, value added tax, and shipping

This leaves no room to be able to use CCGV(trad) or any version of CCGV, nor anything else which modifies the Order Total. I'm also not sure what VAT is doing in there because I had thought that Link Point was only available for USA based websites.

Vger

Well, it seems you have fixed it - but I don't know how it's possible. It would be good if you could post the fix here for the benefit of others.

That error message was pretty unequivocal and so I don't see how anything which modifies the Order Total could work - unless the error message itself is just a generic one included in the Link Point module - which does not actually mean what it says.

Vger

Hi Vger,

I hope you will be able to shed a little bit of light on this for me.

What I need the ccgv to do is to disallow the use of the voucher if there are products from non valid categories/product lists, eg.

Example Basket 1

1 x Product A priced @ £39.95

Now if this is the only item in the basket then the ccgv will allow the use of the ‘discount’ voucher.

Example Basket 2

1 x Product A priced @ £39.95

1 x Product B priced @ £20.00

1 x Product C priced @ £50.00

Now this basket should not allow the discount voucher to be used because of the addition of Product B and Product C

The reason I need it this way is because I don’t want customers to be able to buy Product B & C without buying Product A.

I hope you understand what I mean cos its baffling me to bits.

Many Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Hi Vger,

Thanks for your prompt response however,

It does not do exactly as I would like (unless I am being a dumb dumb and missing something)

I do not want a discount at all if PRODUCT B and PRODUCT C are in the cart.

If I add PRODUCT A to the valid products list then it still discounts PRODUCT A from the total which I do not want.

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Well, it seems you have fixed it - but I don't know how it's possible. It would be good if you could post the fix here for the benefit of others.

That error message was pretty unequivocal and so I don't see how anything which modifies the Order Total could work - unless the error message itself is just a generic one included in the Link Point module - which does not actually mean what it says.

Vger

Vger-

I did not get it working, but I did find the following and know that I had anther contribution working which reduced the actual subtotal value. This was the Discount Code Contribution, and it would just included the discount in the amount of the subtotal, and I had no problems. Do you think that there is a way to edit the code so that the gift vouchers or coupons would reduce the subtotal instead of being a line item after.

Example:

Gift Vouchers: $9.95

Members Discount: $0.50

Sub-Total: $9.45

United States Postal Service (1 x 1.43lbs) (Priority (2 - 3 Days)): $4.20

TX TAX 8.25%: $1.64

Total: $15.29

Best Regards,

Evan

I also found this but cannot figure out where to find the actual code:

DriWashSolutions
Jan 12 2006, 09:25 AM
QUOTE(Nikolai @ Nov 17 2005, 06:26 PM) *

"There has been an error processing your credit card, please try again : SGS-002301: Charge total must be the sum of subtotal, tax, value added tax, and shipping."

I've figured out the issue my OSCMax store. Here's the specifics on what to do:

LinkPoint Subtotal Fix for CCGV

Once these edits have been made, you'll have to modify the order total sort to put the discount before the subtotal then everything will work.

Here is the link: LinkPoint Subtotal Fix for CCGV

800-541-0740

Healthy Coffee. Healthy Income.

Call Me Today!

I do not want a discount at all if PRODUCT B and PRODUCT C are in the cart.

It doesn't allow for that.

Here is the link: LinkPoint Subtotal Fix for CCGV

If it works for CCGV it should work for CCGV(trad) but whether it works with osCommerce and opposed to CRE Loaded is something else entirely. I don't work with CRE Loaded.

Vger

If I add PRODUCT A to the valid products list then it still discounts PRODUCT A from the total which I do not want.

Neither of the two versions of CCGV has that function from original code - the only way to do it would be to manually add new code.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Greetings and Happy Holiday time to all!

Hope I articulate this question well enough to get a response LOL

Is it possible to be notified of the Gift Voucher code redeemed during a purchase?

In other words, if "Sue" recieves a Gift Voucher from a friend and makes a purchase using the Gift Voucher value as partial payment, can I get that code or some associated info to allow identification of the originating Gift Voucher included in the "Order Process" email or in some other manner?

Much appreciate all the ongoing support and assistance I've received on these boards - would never have been able to complete and maintain my sites otherwise - - thanks to all who volunteer their time and knowledge.

Ron

Okay, I went ahead and wiped out my discount coupons contribution by using Beyond Compare, and installed this contribution. Everything looks great in my admin side, however I'm getting a mysterious error on my catalog side:

Fatal error: Call to a member function loadProduct() on a non-object in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/product_info.php on line 169 on THIS SITE.

I initially thought my Wishlist was conflicting, but it's not, at least I don't think so. Beyond Compare shows I've installed CCGV (trad) exactly as intended... any info?

Hi Vger - thanks [yet once again] for your response. I've been pairing up the email address that the voucher is sent to through the admin panel, with the order made so far but thought there may be another way.

Thanks alot - hope you have a happy and healthy year - - or unlimited decades for that matter!!

Thanks agan

Ron

Dang it - wouldn't let me edit my post... I'm testing this and am receiving this error (I did a search and couldn't find it):

Fatal error: Call to undefined method order_total::credit_selection() in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/checkout_payment.php on line 324

My files are exactly the same per Beyond Compare... what's up?

I need more coffee.

Actually sounds like you need less coffee - chill :D

Advance notice for those of you thinking to use the Christmas Holidays to get CCGV(trad) installed - I won't be about after Thursday until the New Year! Don't PM me during that period - they'll just get deleted without reading.

Vger

In the database, in the 'configuration' table, using phpMyAdmin. You need to go through all of the phpMyAdmin pages for the 'configuration' table (there are quite a few) and delete duplicate entries. You've got those because you ran the sql file more than once.

Vger

I installed this contrib and I thought it was working but now I'm not too sure!

I set up a gift voucher with GIFT1 as a model number. I purchased it. Now I want to release it but I have no place to go in admin panel to do that. I saw on another post an image that had Vouchers/Coupons on the admin panel. I dont' have that. I have installed and rechecked my installation and I can't figure out what I am missing.

The payment went through using Paypal_ipn. I made the necessary changes to accomodate that. There was no shipping applied. I see it in the orders but I can't do anything with it. I actually tried to email the voucher in the shop but it says Invalid Amount.

What did I do wrong and how can I make this work?

Marcia

I installed this contrib and I thought it was working but now I'm not too sure!

I set up a gift voucher with GIFT1 as a model number. I purchased it. Now I want to release it but I have no place to go in admin panel to do that. I saw on another post an image that had Vouchers/Coupons on the admin panel. I dont' have that. I have installed and rechecked my installation and I can't figure out what I am missing.

The payment went through using Paypal_ipn. I made the necessary changes to accomodate that. There was no shipping applied. I see it in the orders but I can't do anything with it. I actually tried to email the voucher in the shop but it says Invalid Amount.

Marcia

Have you gone to Admin and clicked on Modules, selected Order Total, and installed Gift Certificates?

If you go to Admin and click on Tools, do you see a box towards the bottom that says Certificates/Coupons?

Why are you using both the CCGV and CCGV(trad) support threads?

Which one have you installed as that is the one you will need help on? I have answered some of your posts directly on the CCGV support thread and now I find you asking for help on this thread too - so which have you actually installed??

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Have you gone to Admin and clicked on Modules, selected Order Total, and installed Gift Certificates?

If you go to Admin and click on Tools, do you see a box towards the bottom that says Certificates/Coupons?

I have installed Gift Cert and set it up according to installation. I do not have Certificates/Coupons in Tools or anywhere.

Marcia