• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Hi,

Please help. I want to use your contrubution CCGV(trad), but I had already tried installing the CCGV5.17 which had far too many errors. Now when I try to install your sql I get the following error:

ERROR 1050 at line 8: Table 'coupon_email_track' already exists

I understand why, but I don't know how to delete the other sql contribution from my database. I do have a backup of my database from before I added the CCGV5.17 contribution, but when I try to reapply it, I again get an error. Do you know how I can either delete the CCGV5.17 sql from my database or how I go about replacing my sql dump, so I can start from scratch. I assume I am not alone with this error, the problem is that I have no clue about sql but I do know how to follow instructions :)

Thanks - B.

hm, strange, my posts didnt seem to post...sorry guys...

seems that, when the page to create a coupon loaded, and where it says 'numbers of use per coupon" it kept loading up with a '0' so i left it, thinking that it was equal to having nothing in there, since it autoloaded with the 0 in there. Well, once i removed the 0 and left it blank, it worked ok

:) thanks everyone

Hi,

I've just installed this wonderful contribution, and it is working very well.

However, I have a problem with the administration section.

The "Welcome gift voucher amount" and "welcome gift voucher coupon" sections don't appear in the configuration section of my administration. So I can not configure the welcome gift vouchers.

As a result, the welcome emails, which are supposed to display a link where the new customer can click to redeem his welcome gift voucher, show a blank area without any link to click.

I checked all the administration files of the contribution, and I also checked the install file included in the contribution, but I can not find what's wrong.

So could you guys help me and tell me which file is responsible for adding these two sections in the configuration section of the administration ?

Thank you so much :blush: ,

Thomas

You haven't run the sql file into the database.

Vger

Hi Vger and thank you for your time.

If you are talking about the ccgv.sql file, I run it in my database, and all the other functions of CCGV trad are working well.

The only thing which is missing is the ability to configure the welcome gift vouchers from the configuration section of the administration. These two sections are not displayed, although all the sections included in the "gift vouchers" section appear.

I don't get what's wrong, as the administration new files and files to edit are not so numerous, and moreover most times there is just one line of code (require) to add at the end of the files...

Thomas

In phpmyadmin, I can see that I have the following entries regarding CCGV trad :

coupons

coupons_description

coupon_email_track

coupon_gv_customer

coupon_gv_queue

coupon_redeem_track

Is there anything missing ?

Thank you.

Thomas

You will find below all the entries of my database. Maybe you will find something missing, and understand why the two welcome gift voucher sections don't appear in the configuration section of my administration ?

address_book

address_format

banners

banners_history

categories

categories_description

configuration

configuration_group

counter

counter_history

countries

coupons

coupons_description

coupon_email_track

coupon_gv_customer

coupon_gv_queue

coupon_redeem_track

currencies

customers

customers_basket

customers_basket_attributes

customers_info

geo_zones

languages

manufacturers

manufacturers_info

newsletters

orders

orders_products

orders_products_attributes

orders_products_download

orders_status

orders_status_history

orders_total

products

products_attributes

products_attributes_download

products_description

products_notifications

products_options

products_options_values

products_options_values_to_products_options

products_to_categories

reviews

reviews_description

sessions

specials

tax_class

tax_rates

whos_online

zones

zones_to_geo_zones

Thank you once again,

Thomas

Hi again,

coupons

coupons_description

coupon_email_track

coupon_gv_customer

coupon_gv_queue

coupon_redeem_track

I've checked these five entries in phpmyadmin, they all work fine. Is there another one I should have in my database ?

Thank you,

Thomas

Look in the 'configuration' table

Vger

You're right Vger... I've just checked all my configuration table in phpmyadmin, and there is no entry corresponding to CCGV in the configuration table... I have the entries corresponding to the gift vouchers and discount coupons in the "order total modules", but that's it.

Nothing related to CCGV in the configuration part.

How can I fix that, when I try to load the ccgv.sql file again, I get an error because the tables already exist.

Thank you.

Thomas

Access the db using phpMyadmin, click on the SQL tab and put just this part of the sql file into the box:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Welcome Gift Voucher Amount', 'NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '0', 'Welcome Gift Voucher Amount: If you do not wish to send a Gift Voucher in your create account email put 0 for no amount else if you do place the amount here i.e. 10.00 or 50.00 no currency signs', 1, 31, NULL, '2003-12-05 05:01:41', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Welcome Discount Coupon Code', 'NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '', 'Welcome Discount Coupon Code: if you do not want to send a coupon in your create account email leave blank else place the coupon code you wish to use', 1, 32, NULL, '2003-12-05 05:01:41', NULL, NULL);

That should run alright.

Vger

Thank you so much Vger, I could finally solve my problem before I saw your last answer. Actually, I had thought about adding only this part of code, but after studying the content of the ccgv.sql file, I thought about trying to create manually the two missing tables from phpmyadmin.

So could find how to process after browsing the different sections of phpmyadmin, I created the two new tables thanks to the data included in the ccgv.sql file, and everything worked perfectly !

The only thing I don't get is why these two tables did not work although all the other ones worked properly (I checked each table from the ccgv.sql file).

Anyway, thank you for the support, I could not find help in the french oscommerce forum, and until you helped me, I was still thinking that my problem came from the installation although everything had been checked several times.

Thank you for this great contribution, and thanks for the support !

Thomas

Hi Vger,

I just finished installing the contribution for someone on a fresh install. During testing i realised there is a small problem when the admin emails a voucher to a customer.

Here's what's in the email:

The Gift Voucher is worth $1.62

To redeem this Gift Voucher, please click on the link below. Please also write

down the redemption code which is 5be3a9 in case you have any problems.

domain.com/catalog/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=5be3a9

or visit domain.com/catalog/ and enter the code during the checkout

process

There are no manual coded digits to insert at checkout. I tried it by sending a handful of mails using GV mail and the result was always the same.... very strange. Anyone else had this problem?

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Chooch - it must have been a long day!

Vger

It's actually been a very long 5 days (since my ex-broadband provider advised me to disconnect rather than get a MAC number), now dial-up is the only way for me for at least another 9 odd days till BT comes to my rescue!

Uploading/downloading any files takes ages and I had a deadline to meet which passed days ago so I am really not with it at all. I have got next to nothing done since I've been online for around 3 and a half hours.

I'm pretty sure the last 6 or 7 digit code of the URL was available after the second line of the email with the shop address in it - I will make a quick change to the language file and give it clarity that way, or maybe things will be clearer when I wake up tomorrow :blush:

Thanks Vger

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

If you are using the other version of CCGV, then put two spaces before ' or visit domain.com/catalog' because what'll happen with some mail programmes is that the 'or' ends up getting apended to the digits e.g. 5be3a9or - which of course corrupts the whole thing and renders the dynamic link invalid.

Vger

If you are using the other version of CCGV, then put two spaces before ' or visit domain.com/catalog' because what'll happen with some mail programmes is that the 'or' ends up getting apended to the digits e.g. 5be3a9or - which of course corrupts the whole thing and renders the dynamic link invalid.

Vger

Thanks for the " spaces and ' " tip Vger. The one I am using is the CCGV(trad).

I realised what it was, I used the original CCGV on many sites before you your released your trad version. I just logged in to one of those old sites and used the gv_mail to send a voucher, here's the email:

The Gift Voucher is worth ?1.99

Here is your Gift Voucher Redemption Code: fc4e35

To add the balance of the Gift Voucher to your Account to use at your convenience, please copy and paste the link below in to your browser and sign-in

domain/shop/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=fc4e35

or visit domain/shop/ and enter the above Redemption Code during the checkout process

That was from the older version - I will not ask you consider adding it to your next release because I know what the answer will be :D

Now that I have this and some other important contributions added, I think I will look in to the coupon-rollups from the other contributions as it was something that was handy (if memory doesn't fail me)

Only today as I was adding this contributionn did I realise exactly what a wonderful addition this is to osC and the community - it must have taken some fantastic vision and perseverance from the original author and those who added to it later to complete this contribution.

Many Thanks (as always)

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

New update coming soon. Courtesy of Terra (Edith) Need to do some further testing before releasing it.

When CCGV was brought out it hacked the basic osCommerce 'Downloads' functionality by adding the 'virtual_weight' function, which created problems further down the road. In certain circumstances if downloads are enabled, if the product is zero weight and has attributes and skips the Shipping page then no Tax is applied - because tax is based on the delivery address (no shipping=no delivery).

This update will fix that, and tax will be added based on either the billing or shipping address.

Vger

Hi, it's the german nuisance again. ;)

I finally stroke on the brilliant idea to search the contributions for a solution to my problem and found "Netto-Betrag (net amount)".

Yet does this contribution of course not consider CCGV (trad)....

According to my tax consultant I can leave my sums the way they are now, but this is not the way it shoud really work.

Via the german Support Forum I then found out that on 22.03.06 "tax fix 1.1" (for the coupon part only) was uploaded as the contribution simply wouldn't work for the german tax system.

Since by the looks of it nearly the whole ot_coupon.php needed to be changed there seem to be major differences between the german tax system and others. :rolleyes:

Why do things have to be that complicated ?

regards from Nala with already square eyes