• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Ok, so got things going, using 1_2_3_4_5_6 now.

So I was reading messages and some one said they can't add more than one of an item. So I decided to check. I'm having some issues, if there are no attributes and I can have add more and update, but if there are attributes, I can't. So I checked things out on a clean install, just to make sure that's not how it's supposed to work. And i can add more than one of an item. SO i thought let's not do update but add a second one iwth different attributes, and I can not. But on the clean install I can and it lists as 2 items. So it's perfect if your product doesn't require any attributes, but the moment there's a choice, now you can have only one not even a second in a different size. I check for the updates, compared the files, and the files i've installed are fine. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm unaware of?

Read my last post.

Vger

Ok, so got things going, using 1_2_3_4_5_6 now.

So I was reading messages and some one said they can't add more than one of an item. So I decided to check. I'm having some issues, if there are no attributes and I can have add more and update, but if there are attributes, I can't. So I checked things out on a clean install, just to make sure that's not how it's supposed to work. And i can add more than one of an item. SO i thought let's not do update but add a second one iwth different attributes, and I can not. But on the clean install I can and it lists as 2 items. So it's perfect if your product doesn't require any attributes, but the moment there's a choice, now you can have only one not even a second in a different size. I check for the updates, compared the files, and the files i've installed are fine. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm unaware of?

This information is covered in the User Guide, and is basically just a matter of re-ordering how the Order Total is calculated.

Vger

No, I believe the person is asking if the virtual product can be added AFTER all other totals have been made...and I don't think that's possible without a lot of hand-editing code...none of which I want to do! :-"

Well, it would have been nice to know that this contrib doesn't work with price-calculated table-rate shipping before putting so much time into it. Ah well, I'm glad it works for some people.

I'm still considering handing it to the client with just the coupon part...that works great!(except the free shipping option, that also doesn't work with price-calculated table-rate shipping)

Read my last post.

In the Shopping Cart class look for instances of products_id_string, which replaced products_id in the update to osCommerce. That's the culprit.

Vger

Vger

I replaced the products_id_string for products_id then it wouls allow for multiple of one product with the same attributes, but if I wanted to add another of the same product with different attributes it would delete the first.

So was I to replace all of them? Or just particular ones?

I have remove the contrib "add_weight_to_product_attributes" but it is not working better.

Then I test it with my old shoppping_cart class and it works now but I think there will be other bugs elsewhere. So I decided to apply your contrib change in shopping_cart class "step by step" and it started not work when I added the lines :

// Replaced by CCGV

//$this->contents[$products_id_string]['attributes'][$option] = $value;

$this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'][$option] = $value;

Well, I don't know what's happen ?

Am I the only one who can't install this contrib ?

Thx

Nmouns

Edited by Nmouns777

For those of you who are having problems getting specific areas of CCGV to work all I can say is this:

1. I keep testing this on a default install of updated osCommerce (November 2005), with no other contributions installed and it works just fine.

2. Some of you have added other contributions - CCGV(trad) is for install on an unmodified version of osCommerce MS2.

3. CCGV(trad) is not coded to work on sites which work with Register Globals disabled, PHP running in Safe Mode, MySQL 5 etc - all of the things which can screw up the operation of any osCommerce website.

4. If I am unable to replicate the problems you are reporting then there's nothing I can do to track them down.

If you will look through this thread you will find that the vast majority of users get CCGV(trad) to work without the problems you describe. The only conclusion I can come to is that there is something about your install or your server setup that is preventing CCGV(trad) from working in the way it does for everyone else.

Vger

Ok, thanks for your explanations.

I have pick up the shopping_cart class of the CCGV 5.16 and then it works perfectly :huh: .

The only difference I saw is the occurences of "products_id" in your contrib, are "products_id_string" int the CCGV5.16 SC class contrib. :blink: :blink:

Do you know where the "bug" is? Or is it me that is screwed up :D

Nmouns

The problems that were occuring previously with CCGV(trad) were down to using products_id_string which is why some of those references were replaced with products_id in CCGV(trad).

Vger

The update of osCommerce introduced products_id_string in place of products_id to solve the problem of people having items saved in their cart which they could not remove (because they had since been deleted from the site by the owner) - but this caused problems with CCGV(trad).

The problem it caused was when products with attributes were added to the cart they could not then be updated, but if you backtracked and added the same product with attributes then it appeared as a new product and the original product quantity was updated as well. The last update changed most of the references to products_id_string back to products_id, whilst leaving some products_id_string references in place (so as not to break the bug fix).

Vger

Hello,

I wanted to say personally Thank you for all the support and for this great contribution you gave to us - I was really blessed to say the least as everything went very smoothly for me in installing this with your very detailed and understandable directions.

The only question I have is that I am only having (1) problem and that is in sending email in the administration using the Send email feature in the Discount Coupon and or Mail Gift Voucher.

While everything as far as the Welcome email and receiving email that you purchase a voucher or coupon etc works just fine and I am not receiving any kind of error codes or anything - as it shows after using those features (stated above) that the email was sent successfully to [email protected]. I just don't know what to fix or what to do so that I can use those features in admin.

Thanks,

Dia

I am trying to understand your question. If I have it right then:

1. The 'Welcome' email works with the Welcome Gift Voucher or Discount Coupon code included.

2. When you go to email a Gift Voucher or Discount Coupon manually from within osCommerce admin then that is not working?

If 2 is correct then this is a problem with your hosting company and osCommerce. Most hosting companies allow outgoing mail from within mail programmes on their servers. Most osCommerce facilities use 'sendmail' which is compiled into PHP, but some use SMTP. And some hosts insist that all SMTP mail is authenticated with a User Name and Password - and this function is not built into osCommerce.

There is a contribution (available from the Contributions section) which allows you to authenticate SMTP mail going from osCommerce.

Vger

Hello,

Thanks for the quick responce, & yes you are correct as it is #2.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but I looked at my email options in os commerce and it shows:

E-Mail Transport Method sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails false

Verfiy E-Mail Addresses Through DNS true

Send E-Mails

in looking into the E-Mail Transport Method - it states

Defines if this server uses a local connection to sendmail or uses an SMTP connection via TCP/IP. Servers running on Windows and MacOS should change this setting to SMTP

It gives you two options to tick either to sendmail or smtp and mine was set on sendmail - does that have anything to do with it & if not I will also look for the authenticate smtp mail you stated below.

Thanks,

Dia

No, those settings are not the cause of the problem. Your host has it set so that outgoing mail, even from within a programme like osCommerce, when using the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) has to be authenticated with a User Name and Password - and this function is not built into osCommerce. It is available as a contribution but is not easy to achieve. Many have been unable to get their osCommerce websites to work with hosts who use these settings. They are almost always hosts who provide Windows hosting.

Vger

What do you mean by "they are always hosts who provide Windows hosting".

I will also just for the heck of it contact them & see what they say and if not supported then I guess I will have to manually send from my Outlook account.

Thanks Rhea-

Dia-

I actually said "they are almost always". If you do a search of these forums you'll find plenty of people who have had this self same problem - a message saying that email is sent successfully but nothing happens and no error message is displayed - and it invariably comes down to Authorisation being required (within osCommerce ) to use SMTP facilities.

Vger

What do you mean by "they are always hosts who provide Windows hosting".

I will also just for the heck of it contact them & see what they say and if not supported then I guess I will have to manually send from my Outlook account.

Thanks Rhea-

Dia-

Ah ok I got it - a little slow here but thanks again...

Dia

I actually said "they are almost always". If you do a search of these forums you'll find plenty of people who have had this self same problem - a message saying that email is sent successfully but nothing happens and no error message is displayed - and it invariably comes down to Authorisation being required (within osCommerce ) to use SMTP facilities.

Vger

I am confused and need some help!!! Here goes...

I am trying to figure out when and why a gift voucher is sometimes sent as a voucher code, redeamable by entering the code during checkout, instead of it actually being linked to the customer account with the checkbox during cheackout that says "tick to use gift voucher balance"???

Can any of you oscommerce gurus help me with this one??

HI Rhea,

I'm not sure you'lll know how to direct me on this. I had the contribution working perfectly :) So I went to clean out my site, and accidently deleted my database. (back up was the wrong one :( dumb of me I know). So I re-installed the database, and ran the sql files. All my php files were untouched. I changed the database info in the configure.php files. The site is back up, however, now the ccgv isn't working now. Download is enabled, permissions set, and gc listed with GIFT in code. Is this a server issue? Database issue? Since the only thing different is the database. I'm going to drop those new tables and recreate them and see if it makes a difference.

Do you think I should be looking at new hosting?

If you deleted the old database and reinstalled, and also ran the SQL file this will not restore any discount Coupons or Gift Vouchers you had installed in the old database.

Vger

If you deleted the old database and reinstalled, and also ran the SQL file this will not restore any discount Coupons or Gift Vouchers you had installed in the old database.

Vger

I realize that. That's fine(well not..lol.) But the function, isn't working as it should, new coupons are issued and a gv purchased, but there's no redeem areas or nothing queued. Since the files weren't changed, then the only difference is the database being fresh. It technically *should* be 100%(less all my customers and other products and previously issued coupons/gc). But it's not.

I am have my server restore the old database, and hopefully that resolves, but I was wondering why it wouldn't work with the new database.