• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Oh and another thing, I dun have a send voucher link on the right column even after I have send out the coupon in the admin panel. I tried sending the voucher manually thru the send voucher option in account page but it gave an "invalid amount" error.

thks for any help in advance (",)

Please - what was the solution????

I have 4 gift vouchers set up as $10, $25, $50 and $100. I entered the prices in without tax (10%), so the prices are $9.0909, $22.7272, $45.4545 and $90.0909. When I use the 'send gift voucher' button from my account page (as a customer), I am able to send a $25 voucher, but I can't send any of the others, I get an error saying 'Invalid amount'. I think it's a rounding error, as I tried sending 9.99 (instead of $10) and it worked. So does anyone know how I can get this working?

~bobsi18~

Please - what was the solution????

I have 4 gift vouchers set up as $10, $25, $50 and $100. I entered the prices in without tax (10%), so the prices are $9.0909, $22.7272, $45.4545 and $90.0909. When I use the 'send gift voucher' button from my account page (as a customer), I am able to send a $25 voucher, but I can't send any of the others, I get an error saying 'Invalid amount'. I think it's a rounding error, as I tried sending 9.99 (instead of $10) and it worked. So does anyone know how I can get this working?

~bobsi18~

Got it :) It was a hack, but it worked for me... for anyone else going around in circles... to deal with rounding errors -->

1) Using phpmyadmin, goto the 'coupon_gv_customer' table and edit the 'amount' field. I changed it to 'decimal(15,9)'.

2) Goto the 'products' table and edit the 'products_price' field. I changed it to 'decimal(15,9)'.

3) Go into your admin area to the catalog area, click on your gift voucher product. change the tax inclusive price to 0.00001 above what it should be. For example, I have a $10 gift voucher, and my store has 10% tax, so I set the the tax exclusive price to 9.0910 instead of 9.0909.

I then set the shopping cart box so it didn't show gv info if the gv amount was less than 0.01. I also made changes to the 'to be used from gv's' check box doesnt show at checkout if the gv balance is less that 0.01

Hope this helps someone out - i know it's not a very sofisticated hack, but it works (so far) for me... don't forget to backup before you play around!

~bobsi18~

My CCGV does go to hotmail, yahoo and the rest....

Maybe it's a server related issue that you have?

I agree...My test bed is working fine for hotmail accounts but my production server has got an issue.

Do you know where in the server the problem might be?

Regards

Sam

This is a server issue and nothing to do with CCGV. You really need to make this a separate post elsewhere on the forums.

Vger

I agree...My test bed is working fine for hotmail accounts but my production server has got an issue.

Do you know where in the server the problem might be?

Regards

Sam

Hi

When I click on the 'install' button with the green plus sign, it does not do anything.

I have checked the permission on the ot_coupon.php and ot_gv.php and these are both set to '755'

Does anyone know where the problem might be?

Thanks

If you installed CCGV(trad) then it installs itself (provided you run the sql file that comes with it) - there is no Install button. If you installed the other version of CCGV then please post in their thread.

File permissions should be no higher than 644. Folder permissions should be 755.

Vger

I'm sorry but I don't have a clue as to what's going on with your site. I suspect that you have other contributions installed which are intering with the operation of CCGV, or else it is still not installed correctly.

Vger

I've resolved the issue by removing the CCGV(trad)_1_2_3_4_5_6.zip version and installing the CCGV(trad)_1_2_3_4.zip version and it works 100%.

I have NO idea what the differences are, only that the 1234 works fo rme and the 123456 doesn't and 4 different sites now. (tried on different servers to test if it would show to be queued and show up to redeem).

Thought you might want to know. I also unzipped them fresh to make sure I hadn't accidently edited or deleted anything and it is the 1234 version that works for me. As long as I remember to change permissions on the download folder..lol

Anyone else care to take a stab at the shipping charge problem I'm having?

- No shipping is charged if ONLY a gift voucher is purchased (that's good)

- Shipping is charged to BOTH items if a gift voucher AND a non-virtual product are purchased (not good, since the gift voucher should not have shipping charges)

- This store is set up to ship on a TABLE RATE, based on the total amount of the order.

I have done extensive searches, only to find others with the same problems, but no resolutions. I don't think this store is all that unique, so many others must still be having this problem, or have found a work-around.

Any takers?

Thanks!

Hi,

I just installed the lastest CCGV(Trad) veri - No apparent install issue, but during testing I see only the TOP header, the leftside on the checkout_shipping.php page.

Missing the center shipping content and the bottom footer.

Greg

Thnx for any help

Hello all and thanks for this great contribution,

I've just a little problem after installing your contrib : customers can't buy 2 or more of the same product (with or without different attributes or options), only 1...

And then he can't modify the quantity of products in the shopping_cart page (no change when click on update cart button) :huh:

It seems to be a problem in the shopping_cart class but my file is exactly the same as the contrib so it's not an install problem. Maybe in application_top ?

Thanks for you help

Nmouns

Hello,

I've installed the complete CGVTRAD stuff.

The last version :CCGV(trad)_1_2_3_4_5_6.zip

Most of it seem to work fine, but i must have missed something : i cannot see how and where a customer can actually buy a Gift Voucher in the Shop ?

My developpement store here :

http://lfg.ooline.fr/catalog

If somebody can just tell me if something is missing, or if i missunterstood the usage.

Cheers

As I said before, if you use Table Rate shiping based on weight there's no problem, but you can't use it with table rate based on value.

Vger

Anyone else care to take a stab at the shipping charge problem I'm having?

- No shipping is charged if ONLY a gift voucher is purchased (that's good)

- Shipping is charged to BOTH items if a gift voucher AND a non-virtual product are purchased (not good, since the gift voucher should not have shipping charges)

- This store is set up to ship on a TABLE RATE, based on the total amount of the order.

I have done extensive searches, only to find others with the same problems, but no resolutions. I don't think this store is all that unique, so many others must still be having this problem, or have found a work-around.

Any takers?

Thanks!

This is nothing to do with CCGV(trad). You've probably edited the table structure and the fault only shows now that you've added CCGV(trad).

Vger

Hi,

I just installed the lastest CCGV(Trad) veri - No apparent install issue, but during testing I see only the TOP header, the leftside on the checkout_shipping.php page.

Missing the center shipping content and the bottom footer.

Greg

Thnx for any help

This was fixed in the last update to CCGV(trad), so which download are you using? Also, CCGV(trad) was set to work with the updated version of MS2 and contains the advice to apply the upgrades before installing CCGV(trad). Did you do that?

Vger

Hello all and thanks for this great contribution,

I've just a little problem after installing your contrib : customers can't buy 2 or more of the same product (with or without different attributes or options), only 1...

And then he can't modify the quantity of products in the shopping_cart page (no change when click on update cart button) :huh:

It seems to be a problem in the shopping_cart class but my file is exactly the same as the contrib so it's not an install problem. Maybe in application_top ?

Thanks for you help

Nmouns

Please read the User Guide, and you'll see what it is that you're not doing.

Vger

Hello,

I've installed the complete CGVTRAD stuff.

The last version :CCGV(trad)_1_2_3_4_5_6.zip

Most of it seem to work fine, but i must have missed something : i cannot see how and where a customer can actually buy a Gift Voucher in the Shop ?

My developpement store here :

http://lfg.ooline.fr/catalog

If somebody can just tell me if something is missing, or if i missunterstood the usage.

Cheers

This is nothing to do with CCGV(trad). You've probably edited the table structure and the fault only shows now that you've added CCGV(trad).

Vger

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up - I don't recall i mad any changes to the tables and if I remove the CCGV(TRAD) i Can complete the sale. Also not sure if this does effect the issue, but I am having an issue getting ssl set-up and working thru Yahoo webhosting any ideas?

Also not sure if this does effect the issue, but I am having an issue getting ssl set-up and working thru Yahoo webhosting any ideas?

Any ideas? Plenty. Just do a search of these forums for posts relating to Yahoo and you'll find plenty - none of them good news I'm afraid.

Vger

As I said before, if you use Table Rate shiping based on weight there's no problem, but you can't use it with table rate based on value.

Vger

Is it possible to change the order that the ccgv is added to order total with shipping charges added to subtotal before adding ccgv subtotal? This way the order for charges will be [0] products total [1] order subtotal plus tax [2] shipping charges [3] ccgv total.

:)

pencil set $10.00

notebooks $13.00

subtotal $23.00

plus tax 6% $24.38

shipping $ 9.93

gift voucher $25.00

Order Total $59.31

Any ideas? Plenty. Just do a search of these forums for posts relating to Yahoo and you'll find plenty - none of them good news I'm afraid.

Vger

Thnx again,

Any better webhosting companies you can recommend. I have read the posting and never found answer that works for ssl and or Yahoo. Seem to keep me going around and around. My best option is to use a gateway with it's own ssl and drop the CCGV. nobody seems to be able to hit the issue on the head...

thnx for your time

This information is covered in the User Guide, and is basically just a matter of re-ordering how the Order Total is calculated.

Vger

Is it possible to change the order that the ccgv is added to order total with shipping charges added to subtotal before adding ccgv subtotal? This way the order for charges will be [0] products total [1] order subtotal plus tax [2] shipping charges [3] ccgv total.

:)

pencil set $10.00

notebooks $13.00

subtotal $23.00

plus tax 6% $24.38

shipping $ 9.93

gift voucher $25.00

Order Total $59.31

Edited by Vger

so which download are you using?

I'm using CCGV(trad)_1_2_3_4_5_6.zip. It seems to be the last one and I'm using a 2.2 MS2fr with all recent patch apply (I think)

I have look at my shopping_cart class and it is the same as the one in the contrib last package.

So I don't why my customers can't buy twice the same product with other options or add quantity in their cart.

thx for your help

My shopping_cart class is exactly the same as the one in the last contrib pack except in the attributes section where the contrib add_weight_to_product_attributes make changes, may be they different ?

products_id_string, which replaced products_id

I've both of them in my SC class (as the one in the package) is it normal ?

Edited by Nmouns777

Yes, it's normal to have both of them, but if it is still causing problems then you can change all products_id_string references to products_id. The new code was only put in place to fix a bug where non-existent products could be added to the cart and get stuck there e.g. someone adds a product to a saved cart which then gets deleted from the website.

If you've added a contrib which assigns weight to product attributes then I wish you had mentioned it - might have saved a lot of my time.

Vger

I've replace all occurrence of "product-id_string" by "product_id" except in the begin :

$products_id_string = tep_get_uprid($products_id, $attributes);

$products_id = tep_get_prid($products_id_string);

where I think it will not change everything, but there is no change.

I also test the shop under IE instead of Firefox but it's equal :huh: