• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

hi, vger

just was going to install ccgv but found it too confusing. i have a pre-install question, ie. the features are similar to ccgv original or changed.

also my store is heavily modified, and in your readme, it is written to look directly into the files for larger edits for ccgv reference. is this the only way to add ccgv trad, or i missed something.

using either way i will have to install it

thanks

hi, vger

just was going to install ccgv but found it too confusing. i have a pre-install question, ie. the features are similar to ccgv original or changed.

also my store is heavily modified, and in your readme, it is written to look directly into the files for larger edits for ccgv reference. is this the only way to add ccgv trad, or i missed something.

using either way i will have to install it

thanks

The differences are explained in the manual file.

I have a heavily mofified store and installed the trad version with no problem: the parts to add/change are clearly explained. You just have to be very carefull: lots of files to alter, many to add. It took me a couple of hours.

Edited by pixclinic

It is actually well laid down by Vger so I don't think it can be that hard to install but the modifications may take time, just remember to back up anything you change to be on the safe side.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

the parts to add/change are clearly explained

for shorter files it is in the install html file, but i didn't find any reference to make changes to larger edits

For longer edits look for references to CCGV within the files provided

you made me confuse, dont take it the wrong way, in the readme it's written to look into the files itslef and you say it's there in the readme to edit larger files. so if you can tell me that should i start looking for ccgv references in the files itself for larger edits, as is said in the readme,

i didn't find anything in the readme for larger edits as said by you, i hope i explained eveything clearly. thanks

i didn't find anything in the readme for larger edits as said by you, i hope i explained eveything clearly. thanks

The large files need to be modified by looking for comments in the MODs files.

hey there, i just went to download the mod again to install it and got lost by all the posts in it, which download should i be using for a fresh install?

hey there, i just went to download the mod again to install it and got lost by all the posts in it, which download should i be using for a fresh install?

you are probably on the other CCGV MOD, which is very confusing

the one we are talking about here is the TRAD one

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4135

Edited by pixclinic

haha, i was just coming back to say i was on the wrong download, thanks a bunch for clarifying it for me, you are right, this one is much easier to deal with :)

completed half-install, sorry to post again,

just had a question, does this contribution generate a coupon and asks for promotion code to get a discount. just like in many sites where after adding a promotional code customers get a discount or free voucher, is it like that or something else

ok, since i have the worst luck in the world sometimes, i figured I would start the install on the admin side first, i have not done the front end yet, but my prob is, the box is not showing up in the admin on the left hand side, do i need to complete the front end install to have it show in the admin?

OK I found that there is a file access in the administrator box, so i set it up so that the GV-Admin box is active, and i have the files inside it but i still cant get it to show on the left side of the admin

OK I found that there is a file access in the administrator box, so i set it up so that the GV-Admin box is active, and i have the files inside it but i still cant get it to show on the left side of the admin

be sure that the file called admin/includes/column_left.php

contains the addition:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'configuration.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'catalog.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'modules.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'customers.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'taxes.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'localization.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reports.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tools.php');
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'gv_admin.php');  // CCGV
?>

Edited by pixclinic

ok, i got the box to show on the left hand side in the admin but this is how it looks

BOX_HEADING_GV_ADMIN

Coupons

that's because you don't have your language files modified with the define() yet

haha, ok, so i am a fool, seems the server is slow to refresh. I got the title to show but I still only have coupons listed under it, I thought there was more than just coupons under it

ok, i lied, everything shows twice in admin>configuration

Welcome Gift Voucher Amount 0

Welcome Gift Voucher Amount 0

To offer a gift voucher 0

To offer a discount coupon

Welcome Discount Coupon Code

Welcome Discount Coupon Code

Please don't post every single move you make in installing this contribution - because I get a notification for every single post you make. Install it all, and if there are any problems then make a post.

The last error you are getting is because the sql file was run twice into the database. Either restore a backup of your database (you are advised to take a backup in the install instructions) and then run the sql file once, or else you'll have to edit the 'configuration' table in your database via phpMyAdmin and remove the double entries (which should be on the last page of that table).

Vger

Edited by Vger

sorry for all the posts Vger. Thanks for the heads up on the sql, I will go off and fix it now, I do have a back up of the DB as instructed in the doc of the intall

hi vger, just found a strange thing in your readme

upload this file

catalog/admin/coupon_catalog/admin.php

there is no such folder, named coupon_catalog, i think it should be

coupon_admin.php

am i right