• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

You shouldn't have any problem with getting the standard Pay Pal module, or the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module to work with CCGV. We tested both of those before releasing CCGV(trad), so it must be something to do with your install or the settings in your includes/configure.php (?incorrect http_cookie_domain or https_cookie_domain).

Vger

Hi Vger

Thanx for the response.

I have not set http_cookie_domain or https_cookie_domain. Didnt know what to set it to?

It does work for, eg. when the person pays cash, it deducts the voucher amount and therefore the amount is correct. Its just paypal where it doesnt.

Can u tell me when it deducts, and which file to look at for the deduction?

nightmanza

You shouldn't have any problem with getting the standard Pay Pal module, or the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module to work with CCGV. We tested both of those before releasing CCGV(trad), so it must be something to do with your install or the settings in your includes/configure.php (?incorrect http_cookie_domain or https_cookie_domain).

Vger

If you don't use ssl then leave https_cookie_domin blank. If you have full ssl then set it to www.yourdomain.com or just yourdomain.com (depending on how the full ssl cert is issued). If you use a shared ssl cert then set it to your shared ssl address (minus the https://)

For your http_cookie_domain set it to either www.yourdomain.com or just your domain.com

The cookie domain setting is for a domain and not a url, so for http and https neither contain http:// or https:// as part of the cookie domain.

You must have these correctly set to keep the session trail when returning from another website (like Pay Pal).

There's no need to start editing code. If you have installed CCGV(trad) correctly and your website is configured correctly then it will work.

Vger

Update

I have uploaded an updated full file set for this contribution. I realised that the Post-Install instructions, taken from the original CCGV were incorrect. This has now been amended.

I have also split the ReadMe file into two separate files, one which is an Install file and the other a User Guide (Post-Install). They have also been reformatted to make it easier to update them in future.

This update includes no new features, but there are a few on the cards for a later date.

Vger

Hello all.

I have sucessfully installed the full pakcage. Or so it seemd at fist. My first action after installation was at the aadmin to create a new category for the Gift Vouchers. As soon as I tried to do that I got the following error:

Error 1030 : Got error 12 from table handler

And shortly after that I was unable to connect to the DB at all. The whole site was returning:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'user_sample@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/user/public_html/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Doe sthat have to do something with my hosting provider limits. I suspect that because if I am not mistaken the 1030 has something to do with memory.

What do I do? :'(

PS. user is my user name.

Edited by Voland

People dont change, people realize.

Ok the acsesibility has returned. However I keep randomly getting the

1030 - Got error 12 from table handler

select o.orders_id, o.date_purchased, o.delivery_name, o.delivery_country, o.billing_name, o.billing_country, ot.text as order_total, s.orders_status_name from orders o, orders_total ot, orders_status s where o.customers_id = '3' and o.orders_id = ot.orders_id and ot.class = 'ot_total' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' order by orders_id desc limit 3

[TEP STOP]

at variouse levels of activity in admin or inthe catalog. Once I get thet error I try to Refresh teh page several times after which I get one of the Unable to connect to database server! errors

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'mindphan_sample@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/mindphan/public_html/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

or

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in /home/mindphan/public_html/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

or both. Once at http://www.mindphantom.com/shop/checkout_shipping.php I got:

1142 - SELECT command denied to user: 'mindphan_sample@localhost' for table 'configuration'

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

After some time and a few refreshes everything comes back to normal, until the next activity.

What is happening guys?

Edited by Voland

Errors about connecting to the database that you have listed have nothing to do with CCGV. You need to talk to your hosts about the resources your website is allowed.

Vger

That is what I was suspecting. But is it possible that since I installed CCGV, due to that my site started requestiong more resources? Can you point out which resaurces exactly I should talk to them about? Is it the SQL memory?

It sounds like you've hosted with a company that packs every server with as many sites as they can physically get onto it. Many hosts which offer very large web hosting space allowance and bandwidth allowance do so by 'over-selling' the web space and bandwidth allowed for that server - working on the basis that people won't actually use all of their web space or bandwidth allowance. However, even if people don't use their full allowance it probably means that the server is at full stretch and any increase in load will result in lost MySQL connections.

You can try asking them what is the Maximum Number of concurrent MySQL connections allowed on your account.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Hey there

Having a slight problem with CCGV(trad) .What we want to do is be able to apply VAT TAX at 17.5% to the discount coupon. This table may explain it better:

We have GOODS priced at ?25.49 NET

VAT TAX at 17.5% is added (?4.46)

The customer is then charged ?29.95 GROSS

The DELIVERY charge is ?1.66 NET

VAT TAX at 17.5% is added (?0.29)

The customer is charged ?1.95 GROSS

We then want to apply a ?5.00 DISCOUNT

VAT TAX should be applied to this at 17.5% (?0.74)

This is ?4.26 NET

This what we get:

Sub total =?29.95

Shipping =?1.95

VAT=?4.75

=?31.90

- Discount of ?5.00

Total=?26.90

However this is what we want:

Sub total =?29.95

Shipping =?1.95

VAT=?4.75

- Discount of ?5.00 (of which ?0.74 is VAT)

VAT=?4.01 (?4.75 - ?0.74 VAT)

Total=?26.90

However we can't get the tax rate to apply to the discount voucher it seems to take off the ?0.74 off the total order value not off the VAT. Apply discount of ?5.00 (of which ?0.74 is VAT-so should come off the ?4.75 TAX but comes off the ?26.90). Any ideas as to how to get around this. Can we apply a tax rate to the discount coupon. i.e.We want the tax man to pay his share!

You can kill the King, but you can't kill the King Riddim...

Look in the post-install part of the install instructions for advice on how to calculate tax. Please download the very latest version (yesterday), which has an updated User Guide for post-instal instructions.

Vger

I THINK YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT VAT DOES NOT GET APPLIED TO THE COUPON i.e A ?5.00 COUPON ACTUALLY IS ONLY ?4.26 AS YOU HAVE TO CHARGE VAT ON IT WHICH IS ?0.74. This ?0.74 should be taken off the VAT, not the final total. The configuration does not take this into account no mater how you set it up...?

You can kill the King, but you can't kill the King Riddim...

I THINK YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT VAT DOES NOT GET APPLIED TO THE COUPON i.e A ?5.00 COUPON ACTUALLY IS ONLY ?4.26 AS YOU HAVE TO CHARGE VAT ON IT WHICH IS ?0.74.

Capitalising everything is called SHOUTING in forum etiquete, and is considered very rude. I do this in my own time, of my own free will, and for the benefit of others. So you'd best go elsewhere for your answer now. I don't deal too well with people who get stroppy with me.

Vger

Hi Vger:

Well, they claimed that they just had a problem with the database server. And indeed everything seems to work well now. Still weird that they started having problems as soon as I uploaded the CCGV. They said that Maximum Number of concurrent MySQL connections allowed per user is 35.

It sounds like you've hosted with a company that packs every server with as many sites as they can physically get onto it. Many hosts which offer very large web hosting space allowance and bandwidth allowance do so by 'over-selling' the web space and bandwidth allowed for that server - working on the basis that people won't actually use all of their web space or bandwidth allowance. However, even if people don't use their full allowance it probably means that the server is at full stretch and any increase in load will result in lost MySQL connections.

You can try asking them what is the Maximum Number of concurrent MySQL connections allowed on your account.

Vger

Anyway I have been testing the features of the contributions and so far so good. Thank you very much.

Though I need a small clarification about one thing. Here is the scenario:

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Athletic ProCotton Pocket T-Shirt () = $5.50

1 x Mens GORE-TEX Jacket () = $98.00

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $103.50

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Total: $108.50

Discount Coupons:4b2eee: -$10.00

Gift Vouchers: $60.00

Is that the intended way? I mean there is no final total being calculated (after all the discounts and vouchers are applied)?

I am concerned because for the customer it might be confusing. And frankly for the admin as well because in order.php the ammount reflected is the one before the discounts (108.00); not to mention that is probably the ammount taken into considiration when calculating store wide totals (stats_customers.php).

Also I am not using any real-time payment processing yet ... and so when I start to, will the customer's credit card be charged the correct ammount (38.50 in teh above example)?

Thanks again for your time. :)

Arkady

Edited by Voland

So you'd best go elsewhere for your answer now. I don't deal too well with people who get stroppy with me.

Vger,

(As per the other night) I'm not being a vampy but just a tad curious about what features the next release of CCGV(trad) will have and when you think you'll post it?

I hope I don't get on the wrong side of you :D

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

That would explain a lot - not exactly generous.

Vger

Would it explain big slow downs? Now that I stopped getting error messages, during various moments of the checkout process the pages load very slowly or sometimes not at all until I refresh.

I guess I'll have to do more testing to isolate if it is my own network or my hosting.

The next version will (hopefully) have:

A 'Confirm Delete' button for deleting queued Gift Vouchers - instead of the instant delete it has now.

The Red/Green status buttons you mentioned to me - but I have to look closely at this because it's from a complete rollup of another version of CCGV and it's not separated out in the code as an add-on (haven't looked too closely at the code yet).

Maybe a separate Read Me file with several code suggestions for various fixes with other contributions/modules.

Won't be happening for a month, very busy at the mo' and taking a short break in June.

Vger

Somewhere some how I went wrong. My redeem box int he checkout isn't showing up. Would some one be so kind as to point me in the right direction to recitify this? I've checked and it seems that all files are in place, it was installed on a fresh install, so I can't imagine where it went wrong :( I'll keep looking in hopes to resolve....

Did you apply the word GIFT as the start of the Model Number for Gift Vouchers?

Vger

Somewhere some how I went wrong. My redeem box int he checkout isn't showing up. Would some one be so kind as to point me in the right direction to recitify this? I've checked and it seems that all files are in place, it was installed on a fresh install, so I can't imagine where it went wrong :( I'll keep looking in hopes to resolve....

Hi Vger

I successfully installed your MOD, thanks for this great contrib.

I'm having a little problem: I don't see the order total modules to install in the admin?

According to the directions in the user's manual:

Enabling Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons

To enable the Gift Voucher, go to your admin->modules->order_total->Gift Vouchers and choose to install it. On a default system there should be a button with a green cross and the word 'Install'. Click that.

To enable the Discount Coupon, go to your admin->modules->order_total->Discount Coupons and choose to install it. On a default system there should be a button with a green cross and the word 'Install'. Click that.

I double checked in my directories by looking for a "admin>includes>modules" folder and some files I could have missed, but nothing like that is missing. What are the names of these modules files in your contrib?

Thanks!

Hugh

www.thefrenchybee.com

Edited by pixclinic

I guess I still have a little editing to do to the old instructions, because the Order Total modules for CCGV are now pre-installed by default when the sql file is run.

Vger

I guess I still have a little editing to do to the old instructions, because the Order Total modules for CCGV are now pre-installed by default when the sql file is run.

Vger

don't worry it was my mistake: I thought I installed the files, but they were not there :-)

I have so many mods installed that I had to be very careful when installing and I missed those 2

It's running fine now, I just need to test it now!