[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

I have an error show up in gv_send.php

Has anyone come across this before?

Error !

Unable to determine the page link

If anyone knows what I have done wrong please let me know - thanks

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Thanks for the quick reply, my settings were on false but when I just re-visited the gv_send page the error was gone and the links appeared again.

I thought this may be specific to the SEO URL's contribution I installed but then decided to check another test site on the same server and the error has gone on that too. I can only presume that whatever caused the error had to be a server specific problem as it appeared and disappeared on both test sites at the same time.

As always, many thanks for your help Vger.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Probably the hosting company tinkering with the server.

Yes probably, the wierd thing is when the error showed up the gv_send page had expanded to the right taking over column right (column right was completely removed from the table). I'm glad that episode is all over :D

Vger said in a previous post there was some code in CCGV 5.18 that makes CCGV(trad) work with Points reward module. So we were wondering where that code was.

Probably that code could help to make work those two contribs. Do you know where it is?

That code is in the points reward download install.txt file

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Hmmm, it would possibly help others (who might encounter the same problem as you) if you elaborated on how you fixed it.

Good point. It was actually something really stupid so I didn't want to mention it but... my programmer forgot to upload the php files in the "order_totals" folder onto my server. After I uploaded the files (i believe they were gv_ot.php and one other) I saw it in my admin panel and all works excellent now.

www.fliton.com/catalog/

I am trying to run SQL but I'm getting this error:

Error

SQL query:

# phpMyAdmin MySQL-Dump

# Database : `ccgv_trad`

#

# Table structure for table `coupon_email_track`

#

CREATE TABLE coupon_email_track(

unique_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

coupon_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',

customer_id_sent int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',

sent_firstname varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,

sent_lastname varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,

emailed_to varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,

date_sent datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

PRIMARY KEY ( unique_id )

) TYPE = MYISAM

MySQL said:

#1046 - No Database Selected

I only have one database and it is selected, I think, since I clicked on the SQL tab in the database.

Any help please???

Marcia

If you are getting that error then it does mean that no database is selected.

Don't forget also that there is a difference between copying and pasting the contents of the file into an SQL window and using the Browse function to locate the whole file on your computer and clicking Go to insert the whole file in the database. You must use the Browse function to locate the whole file - and not Copy and Paste its contents.

Vger

I had this contribution installed and working just fine, then the host server went down for several days (yes, days). Now the server is back up but when I go to gv_queue.php I get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-5, 5' at line 1

select c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, gv.unique_id, gv.date_created, gv.amount, gv.order_id from customers c, coupon_gv_queue gv where (gv.customer_id = c.customers_id and gv.release_flag = 'N') limit -5, 5

Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix it?

The install instructions for CCGV(trad) say plainly that you must update osCommerce to the latest version (it was then the November, 2005 version) before installing CCGV(trad).

That error makes it clear that you are using an old and outdated version of osCommerce.

Vger

Edited by Vger

The install instructions for CCGV(trad) say plainly that you must update osCommerce to the latest version (it was then the November, 2005 version) before installing CCGV(trad).

That error makes it clear that you are using an old and outdated version of osCommerce.

Vger

I have two sites, both running osCommerce 2.2 MS-2 and both with this contribution installed. Both sites were running this contribution without error until the server where one of the sites is located went down and was restored by the hosting company. Now one site still works without generating an error (the one on the server that did not go down) and the other site (the one on the restored server) does not.

The site that is working fine is running MySQL 4.0.16 and the one that has developed problems is running MySQL 4.1.21-standard. Could that cause the problem?

I have two sites, both running osCommerce 2.2 MS-2 and both with this contribution installed. Both sites were running this contribution without error until the server where one of the sites is located went down and was restored by the hosting company. Now one site still works without generating an error (the one on the server that did not go down) and the other site (the one on the restored server) does not.

The site that is working fine is running MySQL 4.0.16 and the one that has developed problems is running MySQL 4.1.21-standard. Could that cause the problem?

Also, the site that works is running php version 5.1.4 and the one that does not is running php version 4.4.4.

That error is caused by using a pre-November 2005 version of osCommerce.

Vger

I hear you but am confused by the fact that both sites are running the same version of osCommerce and both ran the contribution just fine before the server "restore". Is there a particular file that was changed in November 2005 that I should be looking at?

There were lots of files that were changed. You need to apply all of those fixes, which include essential secutiy patches, as well as all of the fixes from September this year. This discussion is now finished.

Vger

There were lots of files that were changed. You need to apply all of those fixes, which include essential secutiy patches, as well as all of the fixes from September this year. This discussion is now finished.

Vger

Well, if anyone else out there would like to try to be helpful, I'd appreciate it. Like I said, I doubt that the problem has to do with the version of osCommerce I'm running since both sites I have are running the same version and both worked before. Unless my host installed an older version over the newer version, I don't see how the version could be the problem. If anyone wants to take a more thoughtful look at this I would sure appreciate it, otherwise I'll just figure it out on my own.

You've been told what the problem is, and how to fix it. Your website, as it stands, is using an old and outdated version of osCommerce - with many bugs in it (one of them being the cause of this problem) and with security exploits as well.

The fact that you didn't bother to read that part of the CCGV(trad) install instructions which said that you must upgrade your version of osCommerce before installing CCGV(trad), or that you just didn't absorb what it said, is no one else's responsibility other than your own.

It is caused by a bug in the older version fo osCommerce you are running - and you just need to get on with the work and fix it - instead of asking people to come up with other solutions which don't involve you having to apply the upgrades.

Vger

I've installed this contribution but I have a question on the install. The instructions say:

List of files to be edited

For longer edits look for references to CCGV within the files provided

Shorter edits are provided here in full

...then there is the list of files, with some needing editing explained. Where are the longer edits? Maybe that's why I can't get this contribution to work???

Marcia

The longer edits are within the files. You need to use a programme like Win Merge and compare the CCGV(trad) files against your existing files of the same name, and copy over the CCGV (trad) changes, by searching for all references to CCGV.

Vger

The longer edits are within the files. You need to use a programme like Win Merge and compare the CCGV(trad) files against your existing files of the same name, and copy over the CCGV (trad) changes, by searching for all references to CCGV.

Vger

OK, thanks...I will work on these! I guess I missed them and only downloaded the complete files.

Marcia

Hi. Sorry if this is an old question (I searched for it but didn't find an answer): is it possible to put the redeem coupon button in the shopping cart so that non-logged-in customers can apply a coupon code and see the updated total in their cart?

Thanks!

Well, if anyone else out there would like to try to be helpful, I'd appreciate it. Like I said, I doubt that the problem has to do with the version of osCommerce I'm running since both sites I have are running the same version and both worked before. Unless my host installed an older version over the newer version, I don't see how the version could be the problem.

I'd rather not say too much on this as Vger has said everything but just for clarity sake: for the site that isn't working..... simply add the november 2005 patches and then the latest one which was available a few weeks back.

If anyone wants to take a more thoughtful look at this I would sure appreciate it, otherwise I'll just figure it out on my own.

There is nothing to figure out here (on your own or with anyone else). You'll be wasting your time on brain power. Vger gave a thoughtful answer that warranted a better response from you. Maybe if you had followed Vger's advice and found out that it was wrong, only to then come back and let us know you would get more targeted advice but you didn't and just dismissed it. The only logical explanation (from the info you have supplied) is that either your php 5+ isn't patched or you have one updated/patched and one older version of osC. Even your updated one will only be patched up as far back as the november 2005 patches so you should really apply the latest patches on that one too even though they don't directly stop CCGV(trad) from working.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH