• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Vger,

OR there is a work around i just thought of. Now when the admin releases a GV it emails them a says that the gv has be released etc etc. Now, how about just putting the gv code in that email so when they get the email they can just forward it to who ever they bought the gv for. That why they don't even need to have the send gv in the account, because the code was emailed to them. So how would you go about doing that? It seems like a pretty simple modification.

Thanks

Brad

Usually if it's not appearing in the queue at all then it's because Gift Vouchers and Coupons aren't actually installed in Modules --> Order Total in osC admin, but this should not happen with CCGV(trad) because the installation sql file sets them active in the database as soon as it is run. Unless of course you used a database from another site with another version of CCGV already installed?

Vger

Vger

This is an older post, however it addresses what I'm experiencing :( I can send out a voucher and it can be redeemed, however when one is purchased, it doesn't queue, I checked the database, and it seems to have been created just fine, however, there are no vouchers appearing there. Nor is there a place to redeem them on the customer side of things.

Can you direct me in the right direction to get this going? I'd really like ot be able to use this contribution, but each time I install I end up with this issue and just end up deleting it all. There has to be something I'm missing. I've just did an install of the contribution and a fresh osc, and it is not showing up.

Help please.

If Gift Vouchers are not appearing in the queue then you probably failed to read the User Guide, which tells you that Gift Vouchers have to use GIFT (in upper case) as the first part of the Model Number.

Vger

If Gift Vouchers are not appearing in the queue then you probably failed to read the User Guide, which tells you that Gift Vouchers have to use GIFT (in upper case) as the first part of the Model Number.

Vger

the gift voucher model number is GIFT25 and doesn't appear.

Ok, that resolved, I copied and pasted a few files as opposed to uploading them and overwriting, not sure why that worked, but it did.

However I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/cheyenne/public_html/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php:35) in /home/cheyenne/public_html/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 35

I've checked but don't see any duplication. Can you indicate where the error lies? I've reviewed the file mentioned and am getting no where.

It means that you do have some code copied incorrectly, possibly in includes/classes/shopping_cart.php or in checkout_process or checkout_payment.php

Rather than keep posting individual errors as they occur you do need to go back through the whole installation and use Win Merge to compare the CCGV(trad) changed files you uploaded to the site with the files in the CCGV(trad) contribution.

Vger

It means that you do have some code copied incorrectly, possibly in includes/classes/shopping_cart.php or in checkout_process or checkout_payment.php

Rather than keep posting individual errors as they occur you do need to go back through the whole installation and use Win Merge to compare the CCGV(trad) changed files you uploaded to the site with the files in the CCGV(trad) contribution.

Vger

That's what I've been doing all morning is comparing the files, I've now compared each one and no luck. The ones you mentioned are identical.

When I do a search for others with the error, it's usually a general.php and add_ccgvdc_application_top issue, this one is both in the add_ccgvdc_application_top so I really have no idea what the problem is or even find a fix, which I do do, I've been at this since 9:30 pm last night.

What is there to reply about? CCGV(trad) installed correctly on a site and server which functions correctly doesn't go including extra file pathways into the gv_redeem email.

I've just installed this onto a very heavily modified website, barely recognisable as osCommerce, and it works fine. Before I release an update I install it onto the latest default version of osCommerce to make sure it works fine - offline and online installs.

Vger

Vger,

No response to either of my post?

Thanks

Brad

Vger,

How about this, it is a simple solution. In the gv_queue.php file it has the "text_redeem_coupon_message_header" which is what is send out after it is released from the queue. The question is how do i add the gv code to that messege, or what is the code that i add there? So the customer can just email it to some one.

Thanks

Brad

Hi Rhea, great contrib... again. I have everything installed and while looking over the User Guide and the Admin Panel, I noticed that I dont have the Gift Voucher option under Modules>Order Totals>

The only things listed are: Low Order Fee, Shipping, Sub-Total, Tax & Total. No "Gift Voucher."

Therefore, I cannot access or see the +Install button.

I apologize if you went through this already in a previous post but this thread is so long now. If you did cover it, a post# would be great.

Thanks!

Hi Rhea, great contrib... again. I have everything installed and while looking over the User Guide and the Admin Panel, I noticed that I dont have the Gift Voucher option under Modules>Order Totals>

The only things listed are: Low Order Fee, Shipping, Sub-Total, Tax & Total. No "Gift Voucher."

Therefore, I cannot access or see the +Install button.

I apologize if you went through this already in a previous post but this thread is so long now. If you did cover it, a post# would be great.

Thanks!

Found the answer...sorry.

Vger

I'm ready to just scrap this altogether. i've compared ALL the files, they are the same, with the exception of no right columns, which doesn't affect anything.

I'm frustrated to the point of tears here, i've gone over everything with a fine tooth comb. compared each of the files in the ccgv(trad). The files are the same, but the error is still there! I've spent hours combing google to find a common error, I do find it, but the response there is always you've installed it wrong try again, which I've done 3 times. HOW? when all the files are identical? What am I missing?

Even if the files for CCGV(trad) installed on your site match with those of the contribution there are other possible sources:

1. Other files edited which affect it

2. The server not being set up correctly

I try to help on the forum but there are limits to what I can advise without actually going into everyone's websites and checking it all out for them (and I'm obviously not going to be doing that for free).

Vger

Would you know exactly where the extra code is, please? I couldn't find it.

I've seen you post a question regarding points reward/ccgv on the ccgv thread - what is it you are looking for?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Found the answer...sorry.

Hmmm, it would possibly help others (who might encounter the same problem as you) if you elaborated on how you fixed it.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

QUOTE(medved @ Dec 7 2006, 02:19 AM)

Would you know exactly where the extra code is, please? I couldn't find it.

I've seen you post a question regarding points reward/ccgv on the ccgv thread - what is it you are looking for

Vger said in a previous post there was some code in CCGV 5.18 that makes CCGV(trad) work with Points reward module. So we were wondering where that code was.

thanks

Brad

I've seen you post a question regarding points reward/ccgv on the ccgv thread - what is it you are looking for?

The same:

Vger said in a previous post there was some code in CCGV 5.18 that makes CCGV(trad) work with Points reward module. So we were wondering where that code was.

Probably that code could help to make work those two contribs. Do you know where it is?

Ok, now it is over my head. So I figured it was a easy change just to add the gv id to the email that is sent out after the coupon is released, but it is not. The gv is not stored as a coupon but attached to the customer_id, but when send a GV it is stored as a coupon. I guess the gv_send.php changes the gv to a coupon and creates a code for it and sends it. That makes sense, but makes the simple task of adding the code to the queue email very hard. Anyone have any sugguestions let me konw, if not i will just use the send gv instead of the queue.

Thanks

Brad