osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Yes...I named the few that I have created starting with GIFT. They are named:

GIFT_1

GIFT_5

etc.

I can purchase the gift certificates, and have them show up in the account. I can even mail them to someone, I just can't use them to purchase an item. There is no area (or box) to enter the code to redeem it.

The total available voucher is shown in the Shopping Cart box, but when I check out, it does't subtract from my order total.

Thanks,

Rhoda

CCGV(trad) by default enables the Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons in Modules --> Order Total in osCommerce admin. If they are not enabled then:

1. You'll get the error you mention

2. You're not using CCGV(trad) - and I only support CCGV(trad)

Vger

Make sure that in the includes/configure.php file the http_cookie_domain and https_cookie_domain (if you use a full ssl certificate) is entered as www.yourdomain.com or just yourdomain.com - depending on how your ssl certificate was issued. Either way there's no http:// or https:// as part of the cookie domain address.

Vger

Thank you for your help - I did double check the configure.php files however and they are correct. I just don't understand why the checkout process works fine if no coupon code is entered, but if I enter a coupon code, then it is redirected to the login.php page. I don't understand that. Why would entering the code, prevent the checkout from proceeding? why would not entering a code allow the process to work successfully? any other ideas?

Thank you for your help - I did double check the configure.php files however and they are correct. I just don't understand why the checkout process works fine if no coupon code is entered, but if I enter a coupon code, then it is redirected to the login.php page. I don't understand that. Why would entering the code, prevent the checkout from proceeding? why would not entering a code allow the process to work successfully? any other ideas?

I just checked the process again and it seems that when the checkout_payment.php has a coupon code entered in it, and it redirects to the login.php page, it also dumps the contents of the cart. Don't know if that will help to point us in the right direction or not, but wanted you to know all that is happening so that we can resolve this.

thanks again!

It's a sessions problem - it's dropping the session when you go to redeem a discount coupon (it checks to validate the session exists). This is why you are being redirected to the Login page.

This is a problem either with your website or with the server you are on.

Post your includes/configure.php file minus the database name, user name and password and I'll take a look at it.

Vger

I am having a problem with this contrib also. Everything is working correctly except the GV Queue. When I go to GV Queue in admin, I get the following error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-12, 12' at line 1

select c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, gv.unique_id, gv.date_created, gv.amount, gv.order_id from customers c, coupon_gv_queue gv where (gv.customer_id = c.customers_id and gv.release_flag = 'N') limit -12, 12

Thank you - here is the site configure.php file

------------------------------------------>BEGIN

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://srv01.myserver.com/mydomain.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true'); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mydomain.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'srv01.myserver.com/mydomain.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CACHE_XSELL', '/var/www/html/cache/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxx');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxx');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxxx');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

----------------------------->END

You are using an old (outdated) version of osCommerce. CCGV(trad) install instructions tell you that you must upgrade BEFORE installing it. For the particular error you are getting look in my signature.

Vger

I am having a problem with this contrib also. Everything is working correctly except the GV Queue. When I go to GV Queue in admin, I get the following error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-12, 12' at line 1

select c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, gv.unique_id, gv.date_created, gv.amount, gv.order_id from customers c, coupon_gv_queue gv where (gv.customer_id = c.customers_id and gv.release_flag = 'N') limit -12, 12

recommendation needed for CCGV(trad) vs Credit Class and Gift Voucher

I posted this question on the main forum but I think I will get a better response here..

I would like to install an eCoupon contribution as well as ability for users to buy gift certificates and mail them to their gift recepients.

I also have the new Paypal IPN contribution istalled.

I was wondering if anyone who has used both of the gift voucher and discount coupon contributions could recommend one over the other.

Also I would appreciate if u could put a link to your site or upload a screenshot.

Many thanks in advance

Both versions provide Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers.

The person who wrote the last two version upgrades to the original CCGV contribution (5.1.7 and 5.1.8) then posted in that contribution that people should use CCGV(trad) instead. I had that removed because everyone was coming here for support for that other version - and I only offer support for CCGV(trad).

Vger

Hello there.

This seems a very interesting mod.

But i have a few problems. I have other contributions installed, and the use the same files as yours.

Problem is when i installed the catalog folder it screwed up some of them. And the layout of the page. Is there someway around this? Or do i have to edit all the files that clash manually?

Thanks Tom.

Yes, I recommend you use Win Merge to compare the two files and apply the chnages that way.

Vger

Hello there.

This seems a very interesting mod.

But i have a few problems. I have other contributions installed, and the use the same files as yours.

Problem is when i installed the catalog folder it screwed up some of them. And the layout of the page. Is there someway around this? Or do i have to edit all the files that clash manually?

Thanks Tom.

If you have altered the admin control panel settings so that 'Recreate Session' is set to true, change it back to false.

Vger

these are my current Session settings:

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session False

that wasn't it ....

Try changing the 'localhost' for db_server settings to '127.0.0.1' in your configure.php files - other than that I am out of ideas. Your website is dropping the session somewhere and that's down to something in your files or the server setup and nothing to do with CCGV(trad) - unless it wasn't installed correctly.

Vger

Try changing the 'localhost' for db_server settings to '127.0.0.1' in your configure.php files - other than that I am out of ideas. Your website is dropping the session somewhere and that's down to something in your files or the server setup and nothing to do with CCGV(trad) - unless it wasn't installed correctly.

Vger

thank you for your help with this - I will give it a try and work on it - If I find a solution, I'll post it in case anyone else runs into the same issue as well. Thanks again!

Is there a way to post the error message that displays in the url on the checkout_payment.php page so that customers know why they are taken back to that page again? So it would show This Coupon Has Expired or You Have Exceeded the Number of Uses - or whatever the error is? Didn't know if this was already done - if not, I'll take a stab at it and see what I can come up with.

Is there a way to post the error message that displays in the url on the checkout_payment.php page so that customers know why they are taken back to that page again? So it would show This Coupon Has Expired or You Have Exceeded the Number of Uses - or whatever the error is? Didn't know if this was already done - if not, I'll take a stab at it and see what I can come up with.

If we are on the same wavelength then basically that is already done.....?

The error messages appear in a red banner

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Question for you, how do I go about upgrading to the most recent without loosing all of the mods I have done. We are talking probably 20+ contributions.

You are using an old (outdated) version of osCommerce. CCGV(trad) install instructions tell you that you must upgrade BEFORE installing it. For the particular error you are getting look in my signature.

Vger