• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

got this installed and the Admin part worked but the modules never appeared under order total so i reloaded the web site back up apart from the SQL

getting the message

PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `customer_id

in coupon_gv_customer and coupon_gv_queue

is this my problem ??

Does anyone know why I am getting all the coupon codes all on one page? I have inputted about 80 different coupons into the CCGV contrib, and it is all going onto one page? For some reason it does have the option to select different pages to jump to, but when I click on any of the pages, it's the same thing over and over again, all 80 coupons? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Does anyone know why I am getting all the coupon codes all on one page?

do you mean you don't get 'x' number of coupons per page and don't have a link 2,3,4 next etc at the bottom to show other pages (like for example 8 pages of 10 coupons each) - is that what you are saying?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I don't get 'x' number of coupons per page, but I do get the link for the different pages. The thing is, every page is the same. I have 80 coupons and the all show up on every page, all 80 of them no matter what page I choose.

Hope this clarifies it.

Thanks

I don't get 'x' number of coupons per page, but I do get the link for the different pages. The thing is, every page is the same. I have 80 coupons and the all show up on every page, all 80 of them no matter what page I choose.

Hope this clarifies it.

Thanks

so you have one long page with all coupon codes on it AND you have a link on the bottom stating to click 2,3,4 next etc?

i haven't created that many test coupons so i can't test it but if no-one has a solution then you can try to text-diff your coupon_admin file with the gv_sent one and copy/paste the section controls the hyperlink and items per page - in fact it may be the same code on almost eevry page that has information to display (more than 10, more than 20 etc then another page link is formed)

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi,

Thanks to Vger and others for this mod.

I think the answer to this question is no, but I'll ask anyway.

Does a discount coupon have to be emailed to a customer to be used by that customer? Or, to put it more plainly, could I post a discount coupon online and let any customer (or potential customer) use it?

Thanks,

Pappa

Or, to put it more plainly, could I post a discount coupon online and let any customer (or potential customer) use it?

Yes, you can. But there's no need to advertise any code online - just put a nice image near the top of the homepage telling everyone that all new customers get e.g. 10% off their first order, or a Gift Voucher worth x amount. Then set up a 'Welcome' Gift Voucher or Discount Coupon. All new customers then get the welcome Gift Voucher or Coupon in their 'Welcome' email.

Just don't set up both or you'll bankrupt yourself!

Vger

Yup your right, I have one long page with the 2,3,4 next etc...

I haven't editted the files in a while, would you possibly know with file I should be comparing?

if your coupon_admin file is the one that you are having problems with then there isnt much that can be done as I have tested the original one supplied by Vger in the downloads... go to the admin/maximum values and see what your settings are - i have mine to list 20

CHOOCH

Yes, you can. But there's no need to advertise any code online - just put a nice image near the top of the homepage telling everyone that all new customers get e.g. 10% off their first order

Hi Vger,

That wasn't really what I'm trying to do. I was hoping I could create a discount coupon that anybody could use, regardless of whether they've got an account yet or not, then post the code on a specific private forum so the members of that forum could use the code after they have created an account on my site.

However, after looking more closely how this mod works, I can see it would require a lot of modification to get that sort of thing working, more work than my average PHP skills can handle. It's much easier for me to find a workaround.

Anyway, this shouldn't detract from the quality of this mod though. Not only does it work like a gem, but the

installation instructions are clear and consise. I had no problems installing it on my (already heavily modded) site.

Regards,

Pappa

One other question...

I'm using an older version of Paypal IPN on my site (I wish they'd delete all the apparently broken versions of IPN I tried to install first), so I can't perform the CCGV(trad) IPN changes. Are these changes required only for Gift Vouchers or for both Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons (as I'm only using Discount Coupons and I don't fancy going through the world of pain IPN installation process again)?

Pappa - all you need to do is to create a Discount Coupon, and, as you said, post the number for it on your website. Make sure that it is set for unlimited uses, but only one use per customer.

Provided you are using the official osCommerce Pay Pal IPN it's only a matter of disabling the current version, installing the latest version on top of the old, reenabling it, and adding your email address again. Then you apply the fix for CCGV(trad) - or apply it first before you install the new version.

There is a CCGV(trad) User Guide included with the install, you may want to read it.

Vger

Thanks,

I've now got CCGV(trad) working with the newest version of OSC Paypal IPN (1.4). The IPN installation procedure was painless. If only that version had been around when I first tried to integrate Paypal IPN. I think I tried three different IPN mods and several stressful nights before I found one that worked. :D

Pappa

Hey Chooch,

I checked the max values in the admin section and it is set to 20, non of the other values exceed this amount. This is so weird, and a bit of a pain in the butt...lol. You don't happen to have anoter idea do you? Vger?

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

Actually I have just compared all the files from the CCGV contrib to the files on my website and they all match exatcly the same. I am now thinking that this has to do with the SQL structure. Perhaps a value got changed without my notice and therefore create these 80 coupons on one page. Would anyone be able to tell me which field within the SQL I should look for that generates 'x' amount of coupons per page. I hope you understand my question:-)

Would anyone be able to tell me which field within the SQL I should look for that generates 'x' amount of coupons per page. I hope you understand my question:-)

sorry, the only person I can think of that may be able to help you is Vger

CHOOCH

Hello - I am in dire need of some assistance. All has been working beautifully with this contrib (thank you for all the hard work). Here is my problem. When I customer enters the coupon code during the checkout process, they are redirected back to the login page. If a coupon code is NOT entered, then they continue successfully through the checkout process. I have no idea why this would be happening. This is driving me crazy! Anyone have any idea where to start looking for this one? :'(

Evening,

I have been working on installing this all day...and it has gone pretty smoothly.

However, I did a test purchase, and can't seem to redeem the certificate. There isn't a box available to enter a discount code, and it doesn't subtract my available discount from the balance.

I operate with PayPal Pro (direct payment) and I'm wondering if there is a folder of code that I am missing.

There was the ccgv_osCommerce Pay Pal IPN Fix, but that was for /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php and I only have /includes/modules/payment/paypal.php and /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

:)

Thanks,

Rhoda

Did you give the Gift Voucher a Model Number beginning with GIFT (upper case) when you added it as a product to the Catalog?

Any payment module which edits the checkout_process.php file or which bypasses it with its own checkout_process file has to be edited to work with CCGV (trad).

Vger

Make sure that in the includes/configure.php file the http_cookie_domain and https_cookie_domain (if you use a full ssl certificate) is entered as www.yourdomain.com or just yourdomain.com - depending on how your ssl certificate was issued. Either way there's no http:// or https:// as part of the cookie domain address.

Vger

Hello - I am in dire need of some assistance. All has been working beautifully with this contrib (thank you for all the hard work). Here is my problem. When I customer enters the coupon code during the checkout process, they are redirected back to the login page. If a coupon code is NOT entered, then they continue successfully through the checkout process. I have no idea why this would be happening. This is driving me crazy! Anyone have any idea where to start looking for this one? :'(