• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Update:

There is a patch on Ultimate SEO's that fixes the problem.

I installed version 2.1d .. released on May 11

The patch was released on May 9 ..... physically listed prior to this release, but NOT included!

It's not exactly obvious that you need to install it.....

Everything works fine with messaging when this patch is installed on Ultimate SEO's

Might want to note this in the instructions.... just a thought.

Thanks!

Nancy

Hi,

just installed this mod, works grate!!

however - all these downloads for ccgv of every version dose not have the image named ccgv.gif... it shows nicely in the account page.

dose anyone have this image?

thought I'd ask before creating one on my own :rolleyes:

Yap.. I am that lazy...

In the admin console.. under modules/gift vouchers.. do you have queued purchased = true?

If so, nothing will be done until the admin releases the gift cert. (this is done from the admin console..

Gift Voucher Queue

-Nancy

Setting it to true or false does not make a difference in the outcome of the order, my order number is still 0

example

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: 0

Detailed Invoice: http://www.xxxxx/account_history_info.php?order_id=0

Date Ordered: Saturday 04 November, 2006

And the whole order does not show up under my customer/orders in the admin.

Set to false, yes the voucher does not get queried it does when set to true but either way the order is still 0 and not registering in my store admin as being placed.

Wendy

I'm guessing that you didn't use GIFT (in upper case letters as shown) as the first part of the Model Number when you added the Gift Vouchers as products to your catalog. This would prevent it being queued, as it wouldn't be recognised as being a Gift Voucher.

If it's not being shown as a sale at all then the problem probably lays with your cart.

1. Is it osCommerce you are using or some fork of osCommerce like CRE or Max?

2. Does the rest of the site work correctly e.g. other orders get recorded?

3. Is it CCGV(trad) you are using or CCGV 5.16 or 5.17?

Vger

I tried to install the sql file, and got an error message about a certain table not exhisting. So i restored to my backup, and tried to redo the mysql thing, except now, I get a different error message, that another table already exhists. should I restore to my back up again... and am i having something interfere with the sql?? I am very unsure what to do.

I'm guessing that you didn't use GIFT (in upper case letters as shown) as the first part of the Model Number when you added the Gift Vouchers as products to your catalog. This would prevent it being queued, as it wouldn't be recognised as being a Gift Voucher.

If it's not being shown as a sale at all then the problem probably lays with your cart.

1. Is it osCommerce you are using or some fork of osCommerce like CRE or Max?

2. Does the rest of the site work correctly e.g. other orders get recorded?

3. Is it CCGV(trad) you are using or CCGV 5.16 or 5.17?

Vger

Not sure what the problem was but I reloaded the files onto the server I was creating it for, had it on a demo, and it now works

Wendy

I didn't see it mentioned previously, but offhand, does anyone have an idea how complicated it would be to modify the code to create the ability to set a discount by manufacturer as well? I'm trying estimate time for a client, and if it's going to be a world of work, I may try to steer him away from pursuing that option.

Thanks for this great contribution - especially for the work solidifying and stabilizing the confusing mess that the "non-traditional" version had become. No offense to the developers there, who've obviously done a lot of great work, but the results remain very confusing, and some of the commentary by authors reduce confidence that the laborious process of installing the contribution will be worth it. No one likes to spend a morning installing a contribution, an afternoon failing to make it work, and then have to un-install it anyway. But enough of that - except to say that I believe this contribution should become a fundamental part of the next major osCommerce release, and that contributors should consider making this version the "reference" version according to which future improvements and attempted improvements are calibrated.

As for specifics, I managed to get both the discount coupons and the gift vouchers working properly (though I'll have to take care of the non-clickable link problem in the gift voucher e-mail that I've seen discussed previously without a clear indication of most desirable solution - I'll just wing it).

I like the way the coupons are set up, but I'd like to see the gift vouchers (or gift certificates as we say here in the States) made more user-friendly and fun. GCs have become increasingly popular especially during the (upcoming) Holiday Season, and, even though they're obviously less of a tangible expression than a precious object, the more that they "feel" like a precious object, the better. Also, they should be extremely simple to use and to understand: Any element of confusion or any hassles at all will de-value them in the eyes both of purchasers and end recipients.

So, to get the GCs as I'd really like them, I'm going to be working on two kinds of improvements, and I hope that if anyone has already done some work on these lines or has any suggestions, they'll help out.

1. Tangible gift - I want to integrate the purchase process with the delivery, virtual and/or physical, of an actual certificate. Purchasers should be able to receive a printed certificate that they can place in a nice envelope and present to a recipient. Alternatively, they should be able to receive a certificate by e-mail that they can easily print out or send on themselves.

2. User-friendliness - purchasers and redeemers should be able at all points in the checkout process to check their balance before and after purchase. The balance should appear as soon as they've logged in (not just a notice that they HAVE a balance), and the balance after purchase of items in the shopping cart should also appear prior to checkout. The congratulations-you've-redeemed-it page should also state the new balance.

I'd also urge the developers to consider ways to implement them that will be cleaner and smoother than my own hackery is likely to be. It's quite possible that I simply won't have the time to implement these changes before launching my store (e-mail announcements, message board postings, etc.), so I may go with the not as friendly as I would like it set-up, and offer to provide the physical or virtual certificates along with whatever necessary customer support - i.e., just e-mail or mail the certificates to the purchasers or to whatever addresses requested, and independently track the sales to be sure I've got them straight. Since I have a 1-person/relatively low volume operation, and am just in the process of opening, I don't anticipate it being a major headache. (I'll be quite happy if I sell even just a handful of GCs this season...)

Anyway - thanks again. The coupon process is EXACTLY what I needed to launch any minute/hour/day now as I perform some last-moment checks and edits (including to this contribution). If anyone wants to see how it CURRENTLY works (subject to change), feel free to visit at http://ckmac.com. If you want to test the process, let me know ahead of time - as the store is neither purely "preview/test" nor "fully launched/alive," but lodged somewhere in the birth canal while subjected to strenuous labor.

Best,

Colin

1. Tangible gift - I want to integrate the purchase process with the delivery, virtual and/or physical, of an actual certificate. Purchasers should be able to receive a printed certificate that they can place in a nice envelope and present to a recipient. Alternatively, they should be able to receive a certificate by e-mail that they can easily print out or send on themselves.

2. User-friendliness - purchasers and redeemers should be able at all points in the checkout process to check their balance before and after purchase. The balance should appear as soon as they've logged in (not just a notice that they HAVE a balance), and the balance after purchase of items in the shopping cart should also appear prior to checkout. The congratulations-you've-redeemed-it page should also state the new balance.

As for 1, thats plain simple (isn't it?), you have 2 attributes - one with a download attached to it. As for the printing part this is where it becomes slightly tricky. In an email it may be very awkward so I won't go in to what I think may be reqwuired to make it happen BUT where you want an individual voucher code go over the standard gift voucher image and allow the printing by adding a pop-up image (with the voucher and individual gv code generated and super-imposed on the it) with a print button attached, is very much possible. The buyer can then print it off and/or save the voucher image.

And for 2, that doesn't seem difficult but not everyone needs or wants that for thier site. You can manipulate the existing shopping cart page modification and paste it wherever you like, or better still when customers log in why don't you set the next automatic page to be the customer_account.php

Apart from the first part of 1 (which many people already have on their sites), I don't think anyone on this forum will go and specifically write the last part of of 1 or any of 2 for you - however if you custom code it please feel free to add your code here for people to look at so they can either use it or modify for their own needs.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

As for 1, thats plain simple (isn't it?), you have 2 attributes - one with a download attached to it. As for the printing part this is where it becomes slightly tricky. In an email it may be very awkward so I won't go in to what I think may be reqwuired to make it happen BUT where you want an individual voucher code go over the standard gift voucher image and allow the printing by adding a pop-up image (with the voucher and individual gv code generated and super-imposed on the it) with a print button attached, is very much possible. The buyer can then print it off and/or save the voucher image.

And for 2, that doesn't seem difficult but not everyone needs or wants that for thier site. You can manipulate the existing shopping cart page modification and paste it wherever you like, or better still when customers log in why don't you set the next automatic page to be the customer_account.php

Apart from the first part of 1 (which many people already have on their sites), I don't think anyone on this forum will go and specifically write the last part of of 1 or any of 2 for you - however if you custom code it please feel free to add your code here for people to look at so they can either use it or modify for their own needs.

Hmmm... I hadn't even thought of attributes. I'd gotten away from using them at all - since other than possibly in this example they NEVER apply to the kinds of items I sell. But it might be the simple solution. I deleted the code from my product_info.php, but could restore them with some simple if_then_else wrap, and then figure out what else is involved. I don't really know anything about how they interact with the rest of the suite, and whether it will involve any other troublesome complications, but I'll look into it. A

s for the pop-up synthetic superimposed printout, that might be easy for you - for me it's making up a new chapter or two of coding based on trial-and-error hacking of whatever contributions appear to be relatively close to what I'm trying to do. I'm not complaining or prodding - though if you know of an adaptable contribution I can look at I'd be grateful for the tip - I'm just saying don't expect to see it anytime soon, at least from me. I'd may just stick with sending the attachment on request.

I agree #2 looks much easier. I may very well get around to that one today or anyway sometime soon, and will post whatever relevant snippets if they involve anything beyond the breathtakingly obvious.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks Vger for such a wonderful put together contribution.

I have one small problem. The emails generated from this contribution (such as Gift Voucher purchase notifications, etc), have a messed up "From" field.

The field is supposed to read "Store.com Customer Service"

Instead it says "Store.com.Customer.Service@linhostssl14.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net"

And yes, I know you don't like them but for now I'm stuck there - GoDaddy!

I don't have this problem with any other emails generated from OSC.

Thank You,

Leibtek

Seems that re-installing and developing product attributes would be very complicated for me, since I dispensed with them very early on in the store modification process. Since I also have rather low expectations as to the number of customers (even ones from my other venues) who will avail themselves of the gift certificate option at this time, I'm going to keep with a simpler version: Gift Certificates as "regular items" at very low but not zero weight. Customers can choose to buy them virtually and receive an image file + nice e-mail + redemption #, or get a pretty piece of paper + redemption number + message.

In the meantime, I'll also keep the credit option, which is potentially the most useful part of the entire contribution. I'll also take a look at the account balance option as time permits, but it's much less urgent under this plan.

Still a great contribution even if not quite up to my highest hopes.

Thanks Vger for a great contrib.

I installed it but I experience problems.

Whenever I arrive at checkout_payment.php, the page returned is completely white (I see no data).

I have a few contribs installed... so I modified the files individually myself. I also updated Paypal_IPN as per instructed.

I search and search but cannot find where I did wrong. I redid the edits on every single php files that required editing from the install instructions.

Any idea what could cause an empty page return?

You don't have to reinstall to set up product attributes for Gift Vouchers.

Vger

Understood - I think - but I'd have to re-install Product Attributes for my heavily modified store in which they've previously played no role and were bypassed or dispensed with long ago. Not worth the work for me, unless you have something different in mind from just utilizing the PA features as they exist in a clean osCommerce install.

If you've read my prior posts on the desirability of making the gift certificates more tangible both to the purchasers and the recipients, and agree, then whether or not PA are adequate for the purpose may be something for you to address if and when you think about developing this great contribution further.

The whole point of the Gift Voucher system is that they are e-Gift Vouchers. If you wish to issue real ones then you sell them like any other product. If you wish to give people the choice then you use Product Attributes to do so. Even a heavily modified store would still have Product Attributes as part of the site. I know of no modification which strips out Product Attributes from osCommerce.

Vger

If you've read my prior posts on the desirability of making the gift certificates more tangible both to the purchasers and the recipients, and agree, then whether or not PA are adequate for the purpose may be something for you to address if and when you think about developing this great contribution further.

i've already answered this on the previous page, the attributes function (set up) was already there and it allows customers to choose downloadable or tangible goods. re-read my previous post.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

The whole point of the Gift Voucher system is that they are e-Gift Vouchers. If you wish to issue real ones then you sell them like any other product. If you wish to give people the choice then you use Product Attributes to do so. Even a heavily modified store would still have Product Attributes as part of the site. I know of no modification which strips out Product Attributes from osCommerce.

Vger

I understand, and I certainly don't want to be argumentative, but I'd suggest that you look, for example, at the way that Amazon handles gift certificates, including the choice of goofy to pretty e-card styles as well as other aspects of the process. Even with as elaborate a set-up as Amazon has, getting someone to buy a gift certificate from a little on-line shop from nowhere may be too difficult, but it's even harder to get someone to cast their hard-earned money into the virtual void without even getting a pretty picture to commemorate the transaction.

Product Attributes is probably the right avenue or jumping off point for implementing something similar - I can't really say. Obviously, there'd have to be further work on the fancy e-card delivery end.

Otherwise, PA have been completely irrelevant to my store - one-off items that don't have "attributes" of this type - and wherever they appear in the suite I've either commented them out or deleted them. It's just a quirk of my store and otherwise a side issue: I'm not seeking a non-PA solution or really any solution at all at the moment (not that I'd turn one down if it was handed over to me wrapped up neatly with a bow).

i've already answered this on the previous page, the attributes function (set up) was already there and it allows customers to choose downloadable or tangible goods. re-read my previous post.

I did read your post. Indications weren't clear to me, or very specific, other than that they involved processes, functions, and possibly new coding with which I'm not in the least familiar. If working out precisely how such an option would work is of interest to you as developers - great - if not, it's something I may get to some other month, and I guess in the meantime I'll just trust you for the moment that the full start to finish no complications or conflicts solution is already embedded in the suite. Really, I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here or squeeze free work out of you guys. I'm already very happy with what you've done.

Check to make sue that you haven't uploaded a includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ file into the includes/modules/payment/ folder.

Vger

Hi Vger,

thanks for the suggestion.

I am not sure I understand though... In the CCGV package, I don't see any files under includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ . I only see includes\languages\english\modules\order_total folder.

Thanks Vger for such a wonderful put together contribution.

I have one small problem. The emails generated from this contribution (such as Gift Voucher purchase notifications, etc), have a messed up "From" field.

The field is supposed to read "Store.com Customer Service"

Instead it says "Store.com.Customer.Service@linhostssl14.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net"

And yes, I know you don't like them but for now I'm stuck there - GoDaddy!

I don't have this problem with any other emails generated from OSC.

Thank You,

Leibtek

Anyone?

Greetings! I've just installed & configured CCGV(trad) (from 2 Oct 2006) and can't wait to implement it! I'm to the point of testing the initial purchase of the GV's and everything's working up to the point of "Continue" from the Payment Info screen> "Continue Checkout Procedure to confirm this order" ...

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: shipping in /hermes/web03/b418/pow.tfe01/htdocs/commerce/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php on line 91

Line 91 appears to be the line just before the code added to "checkout_confirmation.php" during the install:

[b]$shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);[/b]
//Lines below repositioned for CCGV
//  require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
//  $order_total_modules = new order_total;

I thought it might have something to do with MVS (which has been disabled) or a possible fat finger from the install (except I used WinMerge = no manual edits), but I'm over my head here.

Any ideas what the issue might be? I can post a copy of my files if it will help...

TIA