• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Yes, I've noticed that from earlier posts in the thread. I'm using the Trad version which I downloaded on Oct 2, so it should be the latest. I'm guessing I messed up somewhere during installation - probably in the file editing section, but I'm not sure where. Includes/classes/order_total.php perhaps?

Vger, thanks for replying to my previous post and sorry for bothering you. I think I found the solution. I failed to mention that I had the Authorize.net AIM module and it looks like the issue was in checkout_process.php. I used Crypie's fix and everything seems to work fine now.

Excellent contribution, by the way. Outstanding work!

Have installed ccgv trad, and it worked pretty well in first shot. One strange issue however: When putting a gift voucher into my shopping basket, the normal 3 available payment methods (for a customer in country x) are reduced to 1. If I delete the gift voucher and add "normal" product, then the usual 3 payment methods are available again.

This really puzzles me, as the selection of payment methods AFAIK is only determined by the payment zone defined in each payment method.

Mogens

It seems as if this has todo with that a virtual product skips the "shipping page", thereby not setting the addresses correct. I found this thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...105056&st=0, but this did not make me a lot wiser on the subject as to what can be done. But I assume this problem affects all shops selling virtual products such as Gift Vouchers?

Anyone who knows how to fix this problem? Thanks!

Mogens

It skips the shipping page if the cart only has zero weight 'virtual' products because no shipping (and therefore no shipping address) are required. This is the normal behaviour for CCGV. This does not affect which Payment modules are available, unless your site has been modified.

Vger

Actually it messes up the addresses, and I get the error "Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in

/home/osctests/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42"

I believe you are right in that this could be some kind of other code I have implemented, but I am pretty sure the error is due to the way the virtual product acts.

Will try to dig deeper and hopefully I can find the culprit ;)

Mogens

Rhea, has there been any changes in the data base structure in oscommerce withing the past 2-3 years? I still get an incomplete address (no shipping address at all) when I try to buy a Gift voucher. It seems as if the missing shipping step somehow bypasses that the shipping address is being set.

I guess that if I cannot find a solution to this (have tried to compare my files to the newest MS2), then a workaround could be to let Gift vouchers act like physical products and then make sure that no shipping charges are added, or would this cause other problems in the gift voucher mechanisms?

Mogens

I still get an incomplete address (no shipping address at all) when I try to buy a Gift voucher.

Of course you don't get a shipping address - Gift Vouchers are 'virtual' electronic products which don't need to be shipped anywhere.

If you make Gift Vouchers physical products then "Yes" it will mess up the whole redeem process.

As for:

has there been any changes in the data base structure in oscommerce withing the past 2-3 years?

It says in the Install instructions for CCGV(trad) that it is meant to be installed on the (then) latest version of osCommerce (November last year), and that if you did not have the latest version you should upgrade first

Vger

Hello All!

Anyone have any idea of how I might go about preventing just the "Gift Certificate" product from being displayed as part of the "select which updates" list on checkout_success.php page?

It's just a small thing, but I sure would like to know a way to distinguish it from regular products, so that it doesn't display on this page when purchased.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Thanks Rhea. I found the bug, it was reported here: http://www.oscommerce.com/about/news,90

Upgrading is not easy if you have 20-30 contributions installed. But I found a workaround here for this problem: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...php/t46495.html

Just in case other with old releases should get the same problem. This fix sets the shipping address which in my opinion is the correct way to do it rather than leaving the shipping address empty for virtual products. At least it made me happy :-)

Mogens

If you have the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN v1.3 then look through the Help Files folder for information on integrating with CCGV(trad). If you don't have that version then download it.

Vger

I've updated to IPN 1.3. The Help File for CCGV(trad) integration that comes with IPN 1.3 is the same file that's distributed with CCGV(trad) itself and I've done that, too. The same problem is still happening.

I guess if no one else is having (or has had) this problem, I've got something else going on. It's not a deal-breaker, as the total is correct in PayPal, but the itemization is wrong which means questions from the customer. The site is low volume, so I guess we can deal with it.

Thanks for trying, even if I seem to be being told to RTFM, which is what I've already done.

but the itemization is wrong
even if I seem to be being told to RTFM, which is what I've already done

Obviously you didn't read the bit about having to use Pay Pal IPN in Aggregate mode, because it doesn't work in Per Item mode when using Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons.

Vger

Obviously you didn't read the bit about having to use Pay Pal IPN in Aggregate mode, because it doesn't work in Per Item mode when using Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons.

Vger

My previous posts indicate that I'm using aggregate mode. What I meant about itemization is that the shipping isn't sent to PayPal as "free". The original shipping cost is being deducted from the item total instead of from the shipping. Again... the end-result total is correct, but the shipping doesn't look "free" since it's showing on the PayPal payment summary page.

I'm using PayPal IPN v1.3

I'm using the most up-to-date CCGV(trad)

I'm using aggregate to PayPal.

I've updated PayPal IPN and CCGV(trad) based on the "play nice together" documentation.

Edited by -argo-

the end-result total is correct

Okay, glad we got that sorted.

Look again at how the Order Total Module is set (the order it is layered in) under Modules --> Order Total, and please read the Post Install Guide. The answer is there somewhere.

Vger

HI,

I installed the new version of CCGV (trad)

It works OK for the vouchers including redeem codes but it does'nt work coorectly with the coupons.

When sending a coupon, the customer get an email with the code but when entering the payment page in the shop, there is no field for entering the code neither the 'validation' button.

Which module is supposed to display these ? Maybe I did something wrong, even if I installed and desinstalled twice.

Thanks for your help

Look again at how the Order Total Module is set (the order it is layered in) under Modules --> Order Total, and please read the Post Install Guide. The answer is there somewhere.

Unless I'm missing something, this is set to the "default" values listed in the documentation. I believe I posted them above as well. By "Post Install Guide", I'm assuming you mean the User Guide.

I've double-checked these settings a couple of times now and still don't see it. If no one else has had this trouble, it must be that I've modified some other file in some way or I'm missing something obvious. I've also "diff'ed" all the CCGV and PayPal IPN files that I've installed and don't see anything but proper difference.

At this point, I'm sure it's me. Sorry for my "attitude". Don't know what I did. Could someone direct me at the file that communicates the values to PayPal so that I can see if I've messed that up somehow or have set that incorrectly?

It's a cosmetic problem and not a monetary one, so with the volume of my wife's business, we can live with it.

You haven't installed it correctly.

Vger

I just reinstalled it, now it is working OK for the vouchers as well for the coupons, but once the coupon code is entered, the total does'nt take it in consideration;

Which module (s) are supposed withdraw the coupon ?

Your indication could help not to reinstall everything once more.

Thanks

Struggling with the tax calculations and sort order considerations, and can't get it to work correct. Basically I simply do not understand the oscommerce way of treating tax. As far as I understand the parameter "Display prices with tax" in Admin/Configuration/My Store, it has to be set to True to have prices displayed correct in shopping cart etc. I have this parameter set to yes, but this gives problems in the calculation logic in checkout_confirmation.php, as the subtotals are including tax !! I simply cannot see how to build up a logical price calculation that customers would understand something like this:

Sub-Total I (Product price ex tax)

+ Freight (ex tax)

- Discount coupon (ex tax)

+ Tax

Sub-Total II

- Giftvoucher

TOTAL

Is something like this at all possible? Or would it require that I set "Display prices with tax" to False with all the negative implication this would give elsewhere in the shop? Is it a possibility to make checkout_confirmation use "Display prices with tax" set to false whereas the other part of the shop is set to True? Can an extra Sub-Total II even be made?

Thanks for any help.

Mogens

The ccgv trad & osc already allow you to achieve something similar (and in principle the same) w/o doing anything special. Here's an example taken from a test order showed at the confirm order page:

Sub-Total: ?10.00

Discount Coupons:10%: -?1.18

Royal Mail Recorded: ?2.45

VAT @17.5%: ?2.18

Gift Vouchers: ?5.00

Total: ?8.46

The price showed is w/o tax (vat). The discount is based on price including tax (vat).

The only thing missing is what you showed as subtotal II. You will need to do some coding to achieve exactally what you want.

Ken

...something like this:

Sub-Total I (Product price ex tax)

+ Freight (ex tax)

- Discount coupon (ex tax)

+ Tax

Sub-Total II

- Giftvoucher

TOTAL

Is something like this at all possible? Or would it require that I set "Display prices with tax" to False with all the negative implication this would give elsewhere in the shop? Is it a possibility to make checkout_confirmation use "Display prices with tax" set to false whereas the other part of the shop is set to True? Can an extra Sub-Total II even be made?

Thanks for any help.

Mogens

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

The ccgv trad & osc already allow you to achieve something similar (and in principle the same) w/o doing anything special. Here's an example taken from a test order showed at the confirm order page:

Sub-Total: ?10.00

Royal Mail Recorded: ?2.45

The price showed is w/o tax (vat). The discount is based on price including tax (vat).

The only thing missing is what you showed as subtotal II. You will need to do some coding to achieve exactally what you want.

Ken, your example seems to be based on a product being sold for ?10.00 excl. VAT, but I then assume that you have "Display prices with tax" set to False? Otherwise the Sub-Total would have been shown as ?11.75.

I do not know the tax rules in UK, but as far as I can see your are cheating yourself by giving the customer a 10% discount but paying VAT to HMCE of the gross price (and isn't postage excempt from VAT?). What I am after is to have oscommerce to include the discount in the VAT calculation (which should be possible in principle, but I can just not make it work).

In my opinion this should be made in one of two ways:

1) The starting price is shown excl. VAT, and then all surcharges/discounts - also VAT - ending up in a total. But I can only achieve this by choosing False to "Display prices with tax", which then cripples my website completely and leads to angry customers when they are being presented with tax at checkout.

2) The starting price is shown incl. VAT, but then VAT is only shown as as subspecification after the Total.

Mogens

It makes no difference as far as the total is concerned if I set display price with tax:

Sub-Total: ?11.75

Royal Mail Recorded: ?2.88

whether Postage is inc/exc vat is up to your setup. In the UK, some traders inc vat in it, some other charge it at check out. The postage is inc of vat in the example. Total vat charge is (?10 + 2.45) X 17.5% = 2.18.

Ken

Ken, your example seems to be based on a product being sold for ?10.00 excl. VAT, but I then assume that you have "Display prices with tax" set to False? Otherwise the Sub-Total would have been shown as ?11.75.

I do not know the tax rules in UK, but as far as I can see your are cheating yourself by giving the customer a 10% discount but paying VAT to HMCE of the gross price (and isn't postage excempt from VAT?). What I am after is to have oscommerce to include the discount in the VAT calculation (which should be possible in principle, but I can just not make it work).

In my opinion this should be made in one of two ways:

1) The starting price is shown excl. VAT, and then all surcharges/discounts - also VAT - ending up in a total. But I can only achieve this by choosing False to "Display prices with tax", which then cripples my website completely and leads to angry customers when they are being presented with tax at checkout.

2) The starting price is shown incl. VAT, but then VAT is only shown as as subspecification after the Total.

Mogens

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

It makes no difference as far as the total is concerned if I set display price with tax:

Sub-Total: ?11.75

Royal Mail Recorded: ?2.88

whether Postage is inc/exc vat is up to your setup. In the UK, some traders inc vat in it, some other charge it at check out. The postage is inc of vat in the example. Total vat charge is (?10 + 2.45) X 17.5% = 2.18.

Ken

Thanks Ken. But as customer I would simply not understand such a calculation. The Total is the same, but you cannot take a calculator and add/subtract from top to buttom. Then you end up with ?10.63 (assuming that you deduct the gift voucher of course). This is because the VAT amount is included in subamounts and also specified separately - a mess I would say. But hopefully you could explain the logic to the HMCE tax officer. This example would hold if you could throw the VAT below the Total line and call it for instance "VAT @ 17.5% included in above total": ?2.18 That would make sence, but I cannot get this kind of logic to be combined with Oscommerce :(

Mogens

There have been a few people posting recently about problems with dfisplaying tax correctly when using CCGV(trad), but that is because they either do not understand how the Order Total module works, or else they don't read the User Guide for CCGV(trad), or because they are trying to get CCGV(trad) and osCommerce to do something they were never meant to do in the first place.

These posts are beginning to become repetitive. It is up to the shop owner to make the best use of CCGV(trad) and osCommerce to achieve the closest result possible to what they are trying to achieve.

If what they want is not achievable without recoding then it is up to the shop owner to do the recoding.

As ageneral guide - if you have tried all of the options listed in the User Guide and noe of them achieve the result you want then you'll either have to settle for the next best or employ someone to do the recoding for you.

Vger