• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

I just saw an osCommerce shop using CCGV(trad) or CCGV where the discount code was presented as a product. That seemed to solve the issue with tax. And that will also give some accurate sales reports I suppose. What could it be?

Example;

1 x item 98,00

1 x coupon -50

Total ex shipping: 48,00

Shipping: 89,00

Total: 137,00

Including tax 25%: 27,40

I am thinking of working on a project that allows customers to the option to buy/pay subscription to receive newsletters.

As strange as this idea may seem, it isn't that far fetched.

The way I am intending to proceed is to allow customers to buy a Gift Voucher and then have it processed in the normal way by using the (admin) GV queue. Once the payment has been confirmed and the Gift Voucher released, the customer will have their GV balance reduced everytime a newsletter is sent from the admin.

I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of linking the newletter mail function to the GV balance so that it allows two things to take effect:

i) A newsletter cannot be sent unless there is sufficient GV balance.

ii) If there is sufficient GV balance to allow customers to receive a newsletter, then the set amount must be deducted from the customers GV balance and a new balance shows.

All I need is some tips please as to how to go about trying to achieve this. Once I get some tips I will play around with the code to see what happens.

Any help pointing to the correct files would be appreciated - thanks!

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I have now tested in all possible ways and it doesn't seem that CCGV can recalculate the tax after a discount coupon has been applied. If I sell an item for 100 euro and offer a 10 euro discount the tax should be 18 euro, based on item priced 90 euro after discount. In every way I've tested the tax is the same, 20 euros, with or without the coupon. The 25% tax shouldn't be 20 euros when selling an item for 90 euros. The shop owner shouldn't pay the same tax when offering or not offering a discount coupon.

If placing tax before discount coupon in the order total the tax will be calculated for 100 euros which will be 20 euros. If placing tax after the discount coupon the tax will be the same because CCGV think that the tax for the 10 euro discount coupon is 2 euros, which it isn't..

My only solution for now is to edit all placed discounted orders with Order Editor.

Please suggest how to solve this.

Edited by Fredrik.r

For some reasen the coupon does not get passed through to the Order Information.

Everything seems fine when the Order Confirmation comes up

but as soon as you complete the order, the coupon information is gone

and the original price without discount is written in the Order Information.

Has anyone got the same Problem or maybe a solution for this Problem?

Hi,

Having a problem with CCGV...

I have it installed, and was working fine. No problems until yesterday when it simply "dissapeared" from the checkout process. Basically the redeem box does not show up any longer.

I have reviewd the all thing page by page and could not find any error.

This happened after I deleted several test coupons and vouchers. At first I tought it was because no coupons were issued, tested again and nothing.

Checked user guide info, tried all sort orders and am starting to get frustrated here.

Could configuration conflicts cause this?

Any ideas on why? It has to be something I did since the code all seems fine and already worked but really don't know were to start looking.

Thanks,

Hi

Sorry for this question, but i'm confused now .. what is difference between CCGV (TRAD) and Credit Class & Gift Voucher?

DOn't know which to install now :(

thanx in advance for answers

I put CCGV(trad) together because (at that time) no one was supporting Credit Class and Gift Voucher (CCGV), and the contribution for it had become a mess, with people posting all sorts of updates which did not work (were bugged or just sloppy coding).

With CCV(trad) all Gift Vouchers are automatically queued, so don't get released until you allow it - to prevent fraud. The customer also sees their Gift Voucher balance in their 'My Account' page and can send the Gift Voucher on to someone else from there. You can also delete Gift Vouchers from the queue, without having to go into the database to delete them.

Vger

Hi there,

a couple of questions for you. What files have changed between the 28th August version and the september the 8th version?

Also, since installing I have had a few customers who have said they haven't been able to complete their registration on the site, the next page doesn't load. Any ideas? I can't think that this is something to do with this contribution, but it was the last contribution I installed and no one had complained about this problem before hand.

Cheers

Dave

installed succesfully, no errors on site https works well .. now to the basics :)

where can customers buy gift voucher .. i only saw i can add Cupoun Discount .. where can i add voucher for various amounts?

Discount is not important for me .. more importnat is that visitors can buy gift vouchers in various amounts ...

hmm .. i added GIFT_ infront of name for product .... should now be this dispalyed any different as normal product?

now with this, the name of Gift Voucher is not Darilni bon (our language darilni bon --> gift voucher) but it is displayed GIFT_Darilni bon .. hmm

we're moving on .. i can send gift voucher to customer .. he can redeem it, send it forward .. everything works, but one thing bothers me ... i just cannot get gift voucher to be dispplayed with TAX included .. when buying gift voucher?

just came back to say, how wonderful this contribution is .. congatulations Vger.

Everything works as it should! Well done!

P.s. do you accept any ideas for future releases .. like order gift voucher and send it to customer via snail mail .. nice customized voucher printed .. of course then it would require calculating post costs at checkout .. just an idea

hmm .. still there is a question or probelm, i came up during configuration.

If i add attributes, then this product is no longer gift product? .. When attributes are added to GIFT then it is calculating post costs .. if i remove attributes, then it is working normal .. without calculating post costs.

btw. why is /download folder? .. empty all the time :S

The download folder is empty all of the time because the Gift Voucher is a zero weight product and not a download.

Re., attributes - makes sure you are using the latest version of CCGV(trad), and that you are not mixing things which have a weight with items which don't. If you have a mix of items, then postage will be charged as the total weight is no longer zero.

Vger

i use attributes open only for GV .. not used before .. attributes are values of GV .. i.e. 10$, 20$ ..

there is no possibility to set weight for attribute .. i can only set 0 to product .. which is set to 0

Is there a way, where i can see what balances do customers have .. in admin?

Edited by gregy

I will have to test this out and see what is happening, but the answer to your immediate problem is quite simple - create different Gift Vouchers in different amounts. This is what everyone else does and it works well. I have never come across anyone using attributes with Gift Vouchers before, only physical products.

Vger

yes in first plan, this was my idea .. but when i think i would like to have several values (let's say 10 different amounts) then i would rather see this in one product and customer can pick which amount he would like ..

No contribution can do anything and everything that everyone wants to do with it, but in this case you are simply just asking too much of this contribution.

Vger

Ok, I see. I just saw an update for CCGV that is called CCGV Tax System Fix V1.1 that, of what I heard, solves my issue with the tax calculation. I compared cv_coupon.php between CCGV(trad) and CCGV Tax System Fix V1.1 but theyr'e not even close :(

So, maybe I will have to uninstall CCGV(trad) and go with CCGV. A never ending story.

Anyway, I can't pay the same taxes when offering discount coupons or not. Should be a lower tax calculated on the new lower price when using a coupon. I suppose CCGV(trad) wasn't made for using in Europe (or Sweden, but I suppose Europe). And I can't put the coupon after the tax calculation either, it never results in the right total tax. I've tried all possible configurations.