• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Hi Voland,

I am sorry but I do not have the time to offer a full support at the moment. My focus currently is on implementation, although in the future I may consider to post a 'contribution of contributions', i.e., a combination of several the most popular, major contributions, as I believe most people would not just install one contribution, and trying to install different contribs at different time would be time consuming and may be difficult to get them work together especially for inexperienced shop owners or non-programmers. There would be 'switches' in the admin to turn each contrib on/off according to needs. This would not happen until after milestone 3 formal release, which, judging by the newest version alpha 3 release, may still lack of those colourful/useful features/contribs.

OK return to the ccgv trad & PWA issues, you can have a look at my test site (www.universaljewellery.co.uk/loyalty/), and see how the pwa & ccgv work together (there's sppc contrib as well). If that's what you want, then get a copy of ccgv trad and a copy of pwa v0.90/0.910 and try them out. Please note that I can only offer help on a case by case basis. If you want something different from the test site, I may not be able to help.

Good luck,

ken

Hi Ken,

Thak you for your reply. Yes I understand and agree. I am not clear though about some of your above comments ... Which FAQs are you talking aboout? And where do i get instructions on how to implement - "whenever there is a gift voucher in the shopping basket, the PWA option would not be available" setup?

:) Thanks

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

I meant osCommerce 3. In fact, ccgv & pwa are already on the agenda of alpha 6 ....

Ken

... milestone 3 formal release, which, judging by the newest version alpha 3 release,...

ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Vger

Thank you for this reminder - I'll check/adhere to the rule before I really embark on it. :P

ken

Which will not be allowed, because it would be considered to be a 'fork' or 'loaded version' of the osCommerce project.

Vger

Hi Brown Knight,

Assuming you meant you wanted to use an image in place of the text hyperlink in the shopping cart on the Right Column, you can do this:

Important: backup the file before making the change!

1. open catalog\includes\boxes\shopping_cart.php for edit;

2. find the following line of code:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left','text' => '<table cellpadding="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td class="smalltext"><a href="'. tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_SEND) . '">' . BOX_SEND_TO_FRIEND . '</a></td></tr></table>');

3. replace it with:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left','text' => '<table cellpadding="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td class="smalltext"><a href="'. tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_SEND) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'your_image_here.gif', BOX_SEND_TO_FRIEND) . '</a></td></tr></table>');

4. replace the your_image_here.gif file with yours in the above line of code.

Note that your image file needs to be placed under the catalog\images folder.

Ken

i would like to add an image in place of the text hyperlink for 'Send Gift Voucher' is there an easy way to do this? I already have an image the size necessary for the left column.

Is there a more better doc for those who are doing manual edits and have more than 20 extensions installed? I can't use the file checker cause it wont work as well, can't do it manually so not to mess up other working extensions... so is there a doc or something telling us what has been modified in those file.... like a change this, replace this and all that....

Checking a file is stressfull and not a good idea because if you have other extentions.... you can mess things up badly... believe me, i know. And the one used here is confusing.... just a //CVG? Things can get messed up here....

So is there anything we can use to know the changes made for a manual install?

Thanks.

Best Reagrds

Olajide Olaolorun

Updated CCGV(trad) Issued

This is a full file set, and fixes a bug which stopped CCGV working when products with attributes were targetted with discount coupons based on percentage discounts. The fix was actually posted two years ago by Mike Todd, but went unnoticed until unearthed again by Edith Karnitsch (Terra). Credit to both.

To update an exising CCGV(trad) install just use the updated includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php file

Vger

Edited by Vger

• 2 weeks later...

Vger,

I have installed the CCGV (trad) and the coupon section seems to work great. My problem is with the Gift Vouchers. For some reason when I look at the "Gift Voucher Queue" the gift vouchers aren't showing up so that I can release them. (I set up a test account ordered a gift voucher when through the process and used COD as the payment method) Then logged into the admin menu and here is what I see.

GV-Queue.jpg

As you can see in this image I have placed the order for a gift voucher. Which also I am curious as to why the gift voucher ($10) wasn't deducted in the purchase total price? (This $10 voucher used in this order was 1 sent from the Admin Control panel)

GV-Order.jpg

Any help as to what I am doing wrong or how to fix this would be great.

This only other contrib installed before this was Admin Notes.

You have the model number as Gift_25, it must be GIFT_25 (GIFT must be upper case).

Vger

Excellent :) I didn't realize they had to be upper case. Also Does it have to be like "GIFT_25 or could I have it say something like "GIFT 25 Dollars"?

Thanks for the quick response. :D

Hi, I have not yet set CCGV(trad) to live but I will need to before friday since a magazine will offer discount coupons. I am sorry if the first question has been discussed earlier, I just couldn't find it and I need to hurry to get this live.

1, I just read this in a swedish osCommerce forum;

"Please notify me if you've managed to get discount and tax calculated the same way for both fixed and % coupon amounts". Is this an issue with CCGV(trad) too or is it CCGV?

2, When setting the end date, is the coupon valid through that day or is it until that day begin?

3, The shop I am building uses credit card payment using a payment processing company. There should be no risc for fraud I believe.. none yet with over 3 500 orders. Should it be ok to release the vouchers directly then? Vger, I know that you have disabled it, I am just wondering if it should be ok to change that in this case (I've seem how to change that earlier in this thread).

3, If anyone here is using CCGV(trad) in Sweden I would very much appreciate which tax configuration settings you are using, along with the order total sorting. I am not sure exactly what's right..

Thank you very much!!

Edited by Fredrik.r

1. Honestly don't know.

2. At the start of the day, it's valid to that date.

3. If you use any other payment method e.g. payment by cheque then not queueing vouchers and coupons could be a financial disaster. The risk is entirely yours.

Vger

I installed everything manually (the release from Sept 8) since I had the IPN module installed over a fresh installation of the M2.2 osc. At first it didn't work at all but then I changed the serachengine safe URL's from true to false and then I could redeem a voucher I sent to myself. But when I add a product to the cart and proceed through checkout I can't anywhere during the process redeem my giftvoucher to use it. It is not in the queue and it shows as redeemed in the coupon admin. Have I forgot to edit any files?

Thanks in advance,

Ellinor

Please ignore my question as I found the answer :)

I installed everything manually (the release from Sept 8) since I had the IPN module installed over a fresh installation of the M2.2 osc. At first it didn't work at all but then I changed the serachengine safe URL's from true to false and then I could redeem a voucher I sent to myself. But when I add a product to the cart and proceed through checkout I can't anywhere during the process redeem my giftvoucher to use it. It is not in the queue and it shows as redeemed in the coupon admin. Have I forgot to edit any files?

Thanks in advance,

Ellinor

Thanks Vger - but what is the difference between PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 (currently installed) and osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v1.3 (the one you linked to)? Can I just patch those v1.3 files over my v3.1.5 files? Or are these totally different contribs?

You need to download the latest version of osCommerce Pay Pal IPN and read the Integration instructions to get it to work with CCGV(trad). You'll find the download here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,CCGV%28trad%29

Vger

Hi Vger and thanks for answering so quickly!

I made a test coupon of 25%. It worked ok but I realized it included the invoice administration fee in the discount. That fee seems to be based on the "low order fee". Anyway to stop CCGV(trad) from giving discount on these fees? Or is the problem entirely in the payment module?

They are totally different contributions, and cannot be mixed. The contribution you have installed modifies masses of core code. The osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module doesn't modify any core code and is completely free standing.

Given the modifications to the core code applied by the version you have I don't think it's even viable to install the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN and use it in place of the version you have.

I have absolutely no idea if CCGV(trad) will work with Pay Pal Shopping Cart IPN 3.1.5.

Vger

Thanks Vger - but what is the difference between PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 (currently installed) and osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v1.3 (the one you linked to)? Can I just patch those v1.3 files over my v3.1.5 files? Or are these totally different contribs?

It's possible to set coupons not to be applied to shipping and/or tax.

The only workaround I can see, if this charge is related to Low Order Fee, is to set a minimum spend before the coupon can be used, which is above the level of the Low Order.

Vger

Hi Vger and thanks for answering so quickly!

I made a test coupon of 25%. It worked ok but I realized it included the invoice administration fee in the discount. That fee seems to be based on the "low order fee". Anyway to stop CCGV(trad) from giving discount on these fees? Or is the problem entirely in the payment module?

It's possible to set coupons not to be applied to shipping and/or tax.

The only workaround I can see, if this charge is related to Low Order Fee, is to set a minimum spend before the coupon can be used, which is above the level of the Low Order.

Vger

Ok, then I got a problem. I can't remove the invoice administration fee which is the "low order fee" function in its module. Hm.. there's now easy way to remove that feature in CCGV(trad)? Just to make it disregard low order fees? :)

Presumably the Low Order Fee is only applied if the order is below a certain level? As in my last post, if the Discount Coupon has a minimum spend which is greater than the Low Order Fee then the Low Order Fee won't exist when the coupon kicks in so won't get applied.

The only other solution would be to modify the code, based on the code that exempts shipping and/or tax if selected - but that would be quite a bit of work.

Edit: Can it be ordered to come after the Coupon is applied?

Vger

Edited by Vger