• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

You can choose either Free Shipping or a Percentage off - but you can't do both. Selecting Free Shipping overrides any other option you choose.

A Gift Voucher is a product which you add like any other product - except that the model number must begin with GIFT and it must have zero weight.

Try reading the User Guide - it's all in there.

Vger

You can choose either Free Shipping or a Percentage off - but you can't do both. Selecting Free Shipping overrides any other option you choose.

A Gift Voucher is a product which you add like any other product - except that the model number must begin with GIFT and it must have zero weight.

Try reading the User Guide - it's all in there.

Vger

:blush:

Thanks, Rhea.... I just found the Userguide file with the downloaded module... you know for an engineering student I don't read very well....

:blink: :lol:

Quinton

Have I found a bug Vger...

It all stared the other day when the shop I was testing showed some strange behaviour. If a product had attributes related to it, I could add it to the shopping cart but not update quantities, nor add the same product to the cart but with a different attribute. A product with no attributes works fine.

This got me in a panic.

So I did a fresh instal today to see what was causing these shopping cart problems.

It's the CCGV(trad) contribution.

Vger, the same problem is occuring...test it yourself but I think I have a found a bug in the contribution. I have installed it on both a heavily modified shop and a fresh oscommerce install, the same happens. As soon as I edit the classes/shopping_cart.php file it all goes astray :(

Please check it out :o

OK, so I read the past posts and I did some delving.

In the contribution, it states that in the classes/shopping_cart.php file to replace many of the lines where it has $products_id_string with $products_id. What I've done is not to make these changes, i.e leave these lines as they were.

Also, many of the new lines which were added have references to $products_id, so what I've done Vger is to change these to $products_id_string.

Do you forsee this as a problem? It appears that everything is working very well, just wanted to check with you.

Many thanks,

Luke

It's been documented here several times - the problems lies with the newly introduced products_id_string used in the shopping cart class file for the updated version of osCommerce. Change it back to products_id and CCGV(trad) works fine.

if ($this->in_cart($products_id_string)) {
		$this->update_quantity($products_id_string, $qty, $attributes);
	  } else {
		$this->contents[$products_id_string] = array('qty' => $qty);

while (list($option, $value) = each($attributes)) {
			$this->contents[$products_id_string]['attributes'][$option] = $value;

Vger

Hi Vger,

Thats confusing. You say to change these lines back to $product_id, but they are already $products_id (after installing the contribution). Thats the whole reason why this contribution isnt working for me.

It is better maybe to ignore all of the replacements which you suggest, and just add the new lines of code?

Update Published

I have just uploaded a full file set, with the updated shopping cart class file, updated install instructions and an additional file on making CCGV(trad) compatible with the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN Module.

This will have to do for the time being, but I will develop a more advanced update as and when I have the time. In particular some redundant code needs to be removed, but that has to be thoroughly tested before release.

Vger

Edited by Vger

The previous problem with the shopping cart class file could be remedied in several ways, but in the new update it keeps the products_id_string introduced for the updated osCommerce 2.2 MS2 without breaking CCGV(trad).

Vger

Hell all,

I have the CCGV(trad) installed and working nicely. However I was wondering if anyone had run into the problem of having a free shipping amount set and coupons granting free shipping to customers who are under threshold.

For example, all orders over $250 receive free shipping. If you use a coupon on your $260 item, you are now under the threshold but receive free shipping anyway.

This isn't a problem with ccgv contribution itself, of course, but I thought maybe some others had run into this situation and could share how they handled it.

Many thanks!

Checkout confirmation page not showing "complete order" button, or the middle of the page in IE after entering payment options (any payment method) What it's actually showing is column left, then RIGHT next to ir, column right. Below column right is the footer lined up off-center aligned with the column right.

ieerror.jpg

Unfortunately, the order confirmation part is preventing any IE user from placing an order on my site still, help! My whole whopping checkout_confirmation.php file is below, although I don't know if that's where the actual problem is. The site is here - http://www.electricquarter.com

but I think you need to make an account in order to add something and see the error.

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_confirmation.php,v 1.139 2003/06/11 17:34:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot(array('mode' => 'SSL', 'page' => FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT));

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page

if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

}

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID

if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {

if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

}

}

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

}

if (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_register('payment');

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['payment'])) $payment = $HTTP_POST_VARS['payment'];

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'])) {

$comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);

}

//---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//

if (tep_paypal_wpp_enabled()) {

$ec_enabled = true;

} else {

$ec_enabled = false;

}

if ($ec_enabled) {

$show_payment_page = false;

$config_query = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_value FROM " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_DISPLAY_PAYMENT_PAGE' LIMIT 1");

if (tep_db_num_rows($config_query) > 0) {

$config_result = tep_db_fetch_array($config_query);

if ($config_result['configuration_value'] == 'Yes') {

$show_payment_page = true;

}

}

$ec_checkout = true;

if (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) {

$ec_checkout = false;

$show_payment_page = true;

}

}

//---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//

// load the selected payment module

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

$payment_modules = new payment($payment);

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

$payment_modules->update_status();

if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && !is_object($$payment) ) || (is_object($$payment) && ($$payment->enabled == false)) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL'));

}

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {

$payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();

}

// load the selected shipping module

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

// Stock Check

$any_out_of_stock = false;

if (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') {

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (tep_check_stock($order->products[$i]['id'], $order->products[$i]['qty'])) {

$any_out_of_stock = true;

}

}

// Out of Stock

if ( (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT != 'true') && ($any_out_of_stock == true) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

}

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_confirmation.gif', HEADING_TITLE); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<tr class="infoBoxContents">

<?php

if ($sendto != false) {

?>

<td width="30%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//-- ?>

<?php if ($ec_checkout && $ec_enabled) { ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_EC_PROCESS, 'clearSess=1', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

<?php } else { ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

<?php } ?>

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//-- ?>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->delivery['format_id'], $order->delivery, 1, ' ', '<br>'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

if ($order->info['shipping_method']) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['shipping_method']; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

<?php

}

?>

<td width="<?php echo (($sendto != false) ? '70%' : '100%'); ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php

if (sizeof($order->info['tax_groups']) > 1) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" colspan="2"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_PRODUCTS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

<td class="smallText" align="right"><b><?php echo HEADING_TAX; ?></b></td>

<td class="smallText" align="right"><b><?php echo HEADING_TOTAL; ?></b></td>

</tr>

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" colspan="3"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_PRODUCTS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

echo ' <tr>' . "\n" .

' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

if (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') {

echo tep_check_stock($order->products[$i]['id'], $order->products[$i]['qty']);

}

if ( (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '</i></small></nobr>';

}

}

echo '</td>' . "\n";

if (sizeof($order->info['tax_groups']) > 1) echo ' <td class="main" valign="top" align="right">' . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "\n";

echo ' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . '</td>' . "\n" .

' </tr>' . "\n";

}

?>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo HEADING_BILLING_INFORMATION; ?></b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<td width="30%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification START ---// ?>

<? //I did this because $order->billing is getting erased somewhere and I haven't found where yet ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_BILLING_ADDRESS . '</b>'; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ($ec_checkout ? MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_TEXT_TITLE : MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_TITLE); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<?php } else { ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_BILLING_ADDRESS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->billing['format_id'], $order->billing, 1, ' ', '<br>'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<?php }

if ($show_payment_page || !$ec_enabled) {

?>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

<?php } else { ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD . '</b>'; ?></td>

<?php } ?>

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification END ---// ?>

</tr>

<tr>

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification START ---// ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_TEXT_TITLE; ?></td>

<?php } else { ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?></td>

<?php } ?>

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification END ---// ?>

</tr>

</table></td>

<td width="70%" valign="top" align="right"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php

if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED) {

$order_total_modules->process();

echo $order_total_modules->output();

}

?>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

if ($confirmation = $payment_modules->confirmation()) {

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo HEADING_PAYMENT_INFORMATION; ?></b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main" colspan="4"><?php echo $confirmation['title']; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($confirmation['fields']); $i<$n; $i++) {

?>

<tr>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $confirmation['fields'][$i]['title']; ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $confirmation['fields'][$i]['field']; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

if (tep_not_null($order->info['comments'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_ORDER_COMMENTS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo nl2br(tep_output_string_protected($order->info['comments'])) . tep_draw_hidden_field('comments', $order->info['comments']); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<tr>

<td align="right" class="main">

<?php

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {

$form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;

} else {

$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

}

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');

echo $payment_modules->process_button();

}

echo tep_image_submit('button_confirm_order.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM_ORDER) . '</form>' . "\n";

?>

</td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<tr>

<td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="50%" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>

<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<?php if ($show_payment_page || !$ec_enabled) { ?>

<td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

<?php } ?>

<tr>

<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

<td><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<tr>

<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '" class="checkoutBarFrom">' . CHECKOUT_BAR_DELIVERY . '</a>'; ?></td>

<?php if ($show_payment_page || !$ec_enabled) { ?>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL') . '" class="checkoutBarFrom">' . CHECKOUT_BAR_PAYMENT . '</a>'; ?></td>

<?php } ?>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarCurrent"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Sorry, but I think no one is sure if your post is in the right forum (thread). This is about CCGV trad. A quick look at your post did not find anything to do with CCGV searching for the keyword CCGV), but may be something to do with paypal WPP. That sort of problem is normally easy to fix, just a careful examination at your editting would be enough. Btw, testing it on a test site before going live would always be a good idea. And are you suggesting the problem only happens to IE users? iI doubt it very much. I have tested osCom with many modifications using many different browsers including IE (up to v7 Beta 3 and the most recent CR 1), Firefox (1.4 & 1.506), Opera (up to v9.01) and I have not found any major problem between them, except that there are problems with 2 or 3 browsers under Linux, which I would ignore, whose names I could not event remember. Sorry, can't help you much.

Ken

Checkout confirmation page not showing "complete order" button, or the middle of the page in IE after entering payment options (any payment method) What it's actually showing is column left, then RIGHT next to ir, column right. Below column right is the footer lined up off-center aligned with the column right.

ieerror.jpg

Unfortunately, the order confirmation part is preventing any IE user from placing an order on my site still, help! My whole whopping checkout_confirmation.php file is below, although I don't know if that's where the actual problem is. The site is here - http://www.electricquarter.com

but I think you need to make an account in order to add something and see the error.

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hey all,

I'm still a little new to oscommerce but I think I'm getting the gist of it.

I tried to install CCGV and after a long time and lots of looking at the forums, got it to work, or so I thought.

When I click to install either the coupon feature or the gift card feature under modules -> order totals all it does is refresh the page. So I click and it doesn't install, just leaves the install button up. I really need to have this gift card feature so if someone could help, that'd be awesome.

Thanks

Hi,

Make sure you are installing ccgv (trad) as this thread is for that version of ccgv only. As far as I remember, therer is no install button and there's no need of it. After you apply the changes/modifications correctly, it'd work straightaway. No further installation is needed, except that you may need to create some gift vouchers or discount coupons.

HTH,

Ken

Hey all,

I'm still a little new to oscommerce but I think I'm getting the gist of it.

I tried to install CCGV and after a long time and lots of looking at the forums, got it to work, or so I thought.

When I click to install either the coupon feature or the gift card feature under modules -> order totals all it does is refresh the page. So I click and it doesn't install, just leaves the install button up. I really need to have this gift card feature so if someone could help, that'd be awesome.

Thanks

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Hello everyone,

Question for Vger and anyone else who had expereince with the folowing ... .

DO you know if CCGV(trad) plays well with Fast Easy Checkout. Are there any major issues whne using both together?

Thank you

People dont change, people realize.

From previous posts I'd say that CCGV does not work with Fast Easy Checkout.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say to people "Don't try to use CCGV(trad) with a Template Monster template!"

This has nothing to do with CCGV and everything to do with those templates.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Thanks Rhea,

In that case which "no account checkout" contribution would you recomend Purchase Without Account or Guest Account v 2.0? Or any other?

And since I am on this topic - I am looking at your Custom Create Account mod and wondering if it will be a problem to integrate it together with Customers extra fields contrib.?

Thanks again for your time,

Arkady.

You can't use CCGv with any checkout system that doesn't involve people setting up an account and that account information being logged in the database - that's how the record of Discount Coupons and Gift Voucher Balance is stored.

I no longer support Custom Create Account and have asked for it to be removed. Whilst it works it is not something I intend to develop or support.

Vger

Hi Voland,

I don't know about FEC but with regard to the question of PWA you asked in your other post, I did install CCGV trad with a older version of PWA, and so far I've not experienced any problem code-wise, i.e., they can work together. Whether these two can work together in practical terms, the answer is yes and no, depending on how you see it. Yes, a customer without an account can use a gift voucher to buy products provided s/he uses the full amount of the gv in one single order. No, a customer without an account can't purchase gift vouchers. I make this clear in the GV FAQ. My setup is whenever there is a gift voucher in the shopping basket, the PWA option would not be available. So, what is the point? The point is to give customers more choices. Not all customers are as sophisticated as we are as developers or in terms of how osCom (ccgv, pwa etc.) works, some may not like the idea of creating an account, but yet understand that they need to enter delivery/billing info, some simply hate the idea of remembering passwords.

Ken

Hello everyone,

Question for Vger and anyone else who had expereince with the folowing ... .

DO you know if CCGV(trad) plays well with Fast Easy Checkout. Are there any major issues whne using both together?

Thank you

Yes, because PWA is an almost exact duplicate of the normal create account process - it will work up to a point. It breaks down where no account is created, so no balance can be saved, and Gift Vouchers cannot be passed onto anyone else (the whole point of buying a Gift Voucher).

Vger

...I make this clear in the GV FAQ. My setup is whenever there is a gift voucher in the shopping basket, the PWA option would not be available. ...

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thak you for your reply. Yes I understand and agree. I am not clear though about some of your above comments ... Which FAQs are you talking aboout? And where do i get instructions on how to implement - "whenever there is a gift voucher in the shopping basket, the PWA option would not be available" setup?

:) Thanks