• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Under Vouchers/Coupons should be a link named Coupon Admin. It's there where you would set up and edit the welcome voucher and the parameters of it.

sorry, I'm thinking coupon. you're dealing with voucher. did you try setting up a welcome coupon? it seems to give you more control and achieves the same purpose.

sorry, I'm thinking coupon. you're dealing with voucher. did you try setting up a welcome coupon? it seems to give you more control and achieves the same purpose.

Oh, that's a good idea to do it as a coupon instead! I can probably find a way to void out the vouchers that have already been redeemed. Thanks! B)

Hi,

I was testing again this contrib before applying it on my live shop.

I found that a coupon with only one use/cutomer was not applied : a customer could use the same coupon many times even if the coupon is set to 1.

When I go the the table COUPON_REDEEM_TRACK I have only an old coupon tracked (the first test I made an dtha tI 've deleted) and nothing else. And yet I've created many other coupons and used them. I think thats why the customer can use as often as he want the same coupon because there is no tracking. On the click on the button "Report" of any coupon active and already used, there is nothing.

Have you any idea why the coupon tracking is not done anymore ? Am i the only one dealing with this problem ? Thanks for your help.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Wow, I don't know. My test coupon worked fine, and then cancelled itself out.

I still can't figure out if the welcome vouchers that have already been sent out from my site are permanently applied or not. And I don't know how to delete them if they are. :(

Damn! 3 hours of testing, changes, prayers, kicks on my desk and still no joy :(

Everything's ok except it didn't track the coupons after an order...

Let see this problem after the week-end. May be my computer need to rest (and so do I)

Cya

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Check in your includes/configure.php file that you are using the correct settings for http_cookie_domain e.g. www.yourdomain.com or just yourdomain.com (either way there's no http://)

Vger

Check in your includes/configure.php file that you are using the correct settings for http_cookie_domain e.g. www.yourdomain.com or just yourdomain.com (either way there's no http://)

Vger

Thanks for your help. Checked and settings correct in configure.php

What I don't explain is it works for the first coupon and then nothing :huh:

Osc 2.2 MS2

Well, I've read through the thread and I daresay I have overlooked this somewhere but I'm going to ask in case someone can point me in the right direction.

How do I cancel an automatically generated voucher?

The store on our site was set up to generate a voucher for each new member and we have now changed this to a coupon. Whilst I can easily locate and check if each voucher has been redeemed or not I cannot delete any unused vouchers as I thought I would be able to and I really want to remove all trace of these vouchers and replace them with a coupon for the unredeemed ones.

Thanks for any and all help.

Regards,

Val

How do I cancel an automatically generated voucher

As far as Vouchers are concerned then once someone has bought one they are placed in the queue. If they don't pay (e.g. a Check/Money Order order) then delete it from the queue and don't approve it. Once you have approved it the only way to delete it is via the database using phpMyAdmin.

Vger

As far as Vouchers are concerned then once someone has bought one they are placed in the queue. If they don't pay (e.g. a Check/Money Order order) then delete it from the queue and don't approve it. Once you have approved it the only way to delete it is via the database using phpMyAdmin.

Vger

Thank you so much and if I had my brain actually plumbed in today I would have realised that I could delete them out of the database.

Thanks for the help - much appreciated!

Hugs,

Val

• 2 weeks later...
Do the different payment modules that people are using to process credit cards need to be adjusted?

Some of them, those which modify the checkout_process, do need to be adjusted. I offer no support for Pay Pal WPP.

Vger

Can a user use multiple coupons in one order with CCGV?

We want the customer to be able to receive a discount as well as free shipping.

I'm not the developer who built the website in question, so I'm just learning the CCGV components.

Thank you.

Thank you for the quick reply.

When you create a Discount Coupon you can either have Free Shiiping or a flat rate or percentage discount - you can't have both.

Vger

I understand that. But is it possible for a customer to use two coupons on one order?

Kim

well done! i was messing with the CCGV a while back, and it was a nightmare. this one actually worked for me with no issues right from the download on a blank test store.

time to copy my live store and test it out now :)

Vger, got a technical question.

Do you know at whcihc point in the code the gift voucher check if the order_total get to zero ?

I know that when the gift voucher exceed the total order value then the payment_method is removed and customer can then check out ... but cannot find where..

Any chance you have seen this code ?

Look for this around line 188 of includes/classes/order_total.php

// pre_confirmation_check is called on checkout confirmation. It's function is to decide whether the
// credits available are greater than the order total. If they are then a variable (credit_covers) is set to
// true. This is used to bypass the payment method. In other words if the Gift Voucher is more than the order
// total, we don't want to go to paypal etc.

Vger

Actually while i am around ... I noticed a small bug which I fixed on my development site a while back but cannot remember for the life of me where I made the change.

I remember it was a one liner ... if I get a chance I will do a file comparaison, but since I am off for holidays this might have to be after I get back.

Basically what is happening is that once you have ticked the use gift voucher box and go to confirmation, if you come back on the payment or decide to browse on the site again, when you get back but then decide not to use the gift voucher, hence do not tick the box again .. the voucher is still deducted from your order.

It had something to do with some registered variable in the session I think .. let me know if you work it out before I remember ;)

If you don't process that order then the balance remains in your account, but if you have ticked to use the balance and proceed with the order then it uses the balance. This is not a bug, it's the way the programme is meant to work.

Vger

No no I think you misunderstood me.

If you proceed through checkout_payment, Tick the box to use your voucher balance, then go to checkout_confirmation but DO NOT place the order.

If you then go one step back to checkout_payment, lets say because you decided after all not to use your voucher balance this time around. Well thats choice is gone, even if you do not tick the box, the voucher is still deducted at confirmation...

Only way to restart from zero is to loose the session and redo the order...

You see what I mean better now ?

It would be the same things to say that if you choose paypal as a method payment, go to confirmation, come back to checkout payment and cannot change your payment method to anything else !!

Edited by Phocea

Little Problem ?

When I set in admin=>configuration=> Discount Coupon - New Account Sign-up Discount Coupon ID#

an ID - let`s say '3' (I created this Coupon ID before in Coupon Admin !)

than a new customer gets an email which looks like this:

Sehr geehrter Herr XX,

willkommen zu My Webshop.

Congratulation, to make your first visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience

below are details of a Discount Coupon created just for you

To use the coupon enter the redeem code which is newcustomer during checkout,

after making a purchase

Sie k?nnen jetzt unseren Online-Service nutzen. Der Service bietet unter anderem:

Kundenwarenkorb - Jeder Artikel bleibt registriert bis Sie zur Kasse gehen, oder die Produkte aus dem Warenkorb entfernen.

Adressbuch - Wir k?nnen jetzt die Produkte zu der von Ihnen ausgesuchten Adresse senden. Der perfekte Weg ein Geburtstagsgeschenk zu versenden.

Vorherige Bestellungen - Sie k?nnen jederzeit Ihre vorherigen Bestellungen ?berpr?fen.

Meinungen ?ber Produkte - Teilen Sie Ihre Meinung zu unseren Produkten mit anderen Kunden.

Falls Sie Fragen zu unserem Kunden-Service haben, wenden Sie sich bitte an den Vertrieb:

But there is no Coupon ID or Coupon Code to see.

I tried out the other Version

admin=>configuration=>Gift Voucher - New Account Sign-up Gift Voucher Amount

...and this works; there is a Coupon Code generated automaticly and the amoun which is set there.

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1