• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

You're not doing anything wrong, just choose a payment method. It won't be used because the Gift Voucher balance exceeds the total order value - but it's an integral part of osCommerce and to rewrite the logic for it would be a major task.

Vger

Ok Vger, I thought I had messed something up...lol So I should put a note on the payment page informing the customer to enter an alternative payment method that will only be used if total exceeds gift voucher amount right?

One more quick thing, I have Paypal Website Payments Pro Installed. Well I had it installed, but I noticed that all the pages in the main catalog folder that are altered with CCGV are the same for Paypal. So I decided to upload your pages and then went back and manually entered the paypal changes. WHen I did that I got error messages as if the two aren't compatible

Keeps asking me to Choose a payment Method when checking out with gift voucher balance.

Hello, I was wondering of one of you would be so kind and help me with this issue. Here is the scenario.

I've been running test orders and I purchased a gift voucher for $100.00 and then sent it to another email address. Before opening the email and redeeming it I released it in the admin section. Opened the email, clicked the link, created an account and redeemed it.

Then I adding a couple items to my cart that totaled $26.00 and went through the checkout process. Once I got the the checkout payment page I checked off "Tick to use Gift Voucher account balance -> " and hit continue. I keep getting this message saying Please select a payment method for your order I thought the only time I should see this message is when my order total exceeds the amount I have in my gift voucher balance.

I even tried hitting redeem instead of continue, but I get the same error message. Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. If this has been covered I apologize

I'm not even going to get into compatibility issues with Pay Pal WPP. CCGV works with the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN, we've solved the problem of attributes not appearing in the Pay Pal IPN order confirmation email, and we've even got it to work with QT Pro (stock attributes controller), with modifications.

Vger

So you would recommend not using the paypal WPP and just stick to the Paypal IPN?

Ok Vger, I thought I had messed something up...lol So I should put a note on the payment page informing the customer to enter an alternative payment method that will only be used if total exceeds gift voucher amount right?

One more quick thing, I have Paypal Website Payments Pro Installed. Well I had it installed, but I noticed that all the pages in the main catalog folder that are altered with CCGV are the same for Paypal. So I decided to upload your pages and then went back and manually entered the paypal changes. WHen I did that I got error messages as if the two aren't compatible

Vger I actually put in a test order again and used websites payment pro and a gift voucher. This time I used my personal debit card to do a live checkout. Seems like it charges you the full amount as if the gift voucher doesn't exist.

I'm having an issue where the "Enter Redeem Code" field is showing up twice in checkout_payment, along with two redeem submit buttons. Is this intentional? Has anyone seen this before?

Any help here is greatly appreciated...

ken

I'm having an issue where the "Enter Redeem Code" field is showing up twice in checkout_payment, along

If the redemption box appears te=wice in checkout_payment.php then it could be ebcause you have entered the code in that file twice. Check your checkout_payment.php to start with.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm having a couple problems here. The coupon portion of this contrib works great! It's the gift vouchers I'm having a problem with.

1. When I send out a voucher from the admin to myself. I get the link in email and click on it and it takes me to the secure login, I try to log in and the page refreshes with no errors. It just won't let me log in. If I click on MY ACCOUNT and I'm asked to log in, that works but the gv_redeem.php doesn't.

2. When I do log in and enter the code to redeem, that is acknowledged but after the page refresh there is no tick box on the checkout payment page (or at any other time).

I checked my file permissions on the modules folder and they are set to 755. I've taken out other contribs I'm using and that had no effect on the voucher issue tick box or login. I have the sort order set so coupons come after the vouchers.

Help! Where would I begin to look to solve these 2 issues? Thanks much!

First, make sure that you are using CCGV(trad) and not any other CCGV version - because I don't answer questions on other CCGV versions here.

The problem you describe was a problem with other versions of CCGV which I corrected for this version.

Three areas to look at:

1. Are you using Ultimate SEO URL's? If so you may need to alter seo cache class so that it doesn't try to convert the cv_redeem url.

2. Are you using Login Page a la Amazon. This contribution has certain problems with maintaining the session id.

3. Is this an offline install? If it is then you'll find that the login works in an online install

Vger

Edited by Vger

First, make sure that you are using CCGV(trad) and not any other CCGV version - because I don't answer questions on other CCGV versions here.

The problem you describe was a problem with other versions of CCGV which I corrected for this version.

Three areas to look at:

1. Are you using Ultimate SEO URL's? If so you may need to alter seo cache class so that it doesn't try to convert the cv_redeem url.

2. Are you using Login Page a la Amazon. This contribution has certain problems with maintaining the session id.

3. Is this an offline install? If it is then you'll find that the login works in an online install

Vger

Thank you, Vger.

I am using CCGV(trad) and never installed any other version (I didn't know there was one).

I'm not using Ultimate SEO (I don't know what that is!)

I'm not using any login contrib.

I installed this via ftp, if that's what you mean by online/offline install.

What I don't get, if I click on MY ACCOUNT I'm taken to the secure login and I log in and I get in. I just can't get in with the redeem link. Hmmm.

Any other ideas? Thank you again!

Thank you, Vger.

I am using CCGV(trad) and never installed any other version (I didn't know there was one).

I'm not using Ultimate SEO (I don't know what that is!)

I'm not using any login contrib.

I installed this via ftp, if that's what you mean by online/offline install.

What I don't get, if I click on MY ACCOUNT I'm taken to the secure login and I log in and I get in. I just can't get in with the redeem link. Hmmm.

Any other ideas? Thank you again!

Vger, I'm making some headway! I had Use Search Engine Safe URL's set to true in the Admin. I changed it to false. I click the redeem link, go to log in, log in and I get taken to a File Not Found : /catalog/gv_no,3d38d7

page. At least the log in page isn't refreshing now.

Vger, I'm making some headway! I had Use Search Engine Safe URL's set to true in the Admin. I changed it to false. I click the redeem link, go to log in, log in and I get taken to a File Not Found : /catalog/gv_no,3d38d7

page. At least the log in page isn't refreshing now.

Ok, more headway but still the issue of no tick box for voucher on payment page. I click the redeem email link, log in, I get in, I get to the Redeem Gift Voucher Congrats page. So far so good. I go to buy something and the tick box isn't there in the checkout_payment.php page.

Ok, more headway but still the issue of no tick box for voucher on payment page. I click the redeem email link, log in, I get in, I get to the Redeem Gift Voucher Congrats page. So far so good. I go to buy something and the tick box isn't there in the checkout_payment.php page.

Look at the previous posts, there's a note regarding order totals - that may be causing your probs.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I have the sort order set so coupons come after the vouchers.

Gift Vouchers come after Discount Coupons. The default sort order is 9 for Discount Coupons and 740 for Gift Vouchers.

Vger

Gift Vouchers come after Discount Coupons. The default sort order is 9 for Discount Coupons and 740 for Gift Vouchers.

Vger

High-Five to both you and Chooch! Thank you! That did it. I thought I had my sort orders all set up correctly. You both reminded me I didn't. Much appreciated!

Hey Vger, I wanted to ask you is it anyway possible to make the gift vouchers printable? When the customer receives it in their email they can print it so they could use it in our physical store?

Maybe have it set up when they click on Redeem it takes them to a page that ask them would they like to use it online or print it? If they choose online it will redeem it like usually does. What do you think about this idea?

Vger

The Gift Voucher system is electronic. Having a sytem which uses both paper and electronic gift vouchers is fraught with security problems. I wouldn't even think about it.

Vger

That's most likely caused by a MySQL bug:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=11546

Vger

okay thanks for the reply. I went ahead and upgraded to mysql 5.0.21 from dev.mysql.com, and I still have the same issue requarding 1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'delivery_address_format_id' at row 1

do I need to change the field type?

Hello,

If I add an attribute to my gift certificate (product), it is no longer recognized as a virtual product, and thus no longer bypasses checkout_shipping.php, to go directly to checkout_payment.php.

Any ideas on how I can change this so that my gift certificate (product), with an attribute added, will still be recognized as a virtual product, and still bypass checkout_shipping.php, going directly to checkout_payment.php.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Carlos

Instead of upgrading to an even more buggy version of MySQL try downgrading to one of the stable MySQL 4 versions.

Vger

okay thanks for the reply. I went ahead and upgraded to mysql 5.0.21 from dev.mysql.com, and I still have the same issue requarding 1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'delivery_address_format_id' at row 1

do I need to change the field type?

I doubt that anyone involved in the writing of the original CCGV would have thought of the possibility that someone would one day want to try and apply attributes to a Gift Voucher. If you wish to do this then you will have to resolve the coding issues yourself. If you manage to do so then please post the result here so that others can gave access to it.

Vger

Hello,

If I add an attribute to my gift certificate (product), it is no longer recognized as a virtual product, and thus no longer bypasses checkout_shipping.php, to go directly to checkout_payment.php.

Any ideas on how I can change this so that my gift certificate (product), with an attribute added, will still be recognized as a virtual product, and still bypass checkout_shipping.php, going directly to checkout_payment.php.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Carlos

Hey Vger, I wanted to ask you is it anyway possible to make the gift vouchers printable? When the customer receives it in their email they can print it so they could use it in our physical store?

The only safe way to do this (and it isn't fully what you are desiring) would be to add a weight to the gift voucher and make it a non-virtual product that is not then added to the GV queue in admin and is sent out by yourself in the post to your purchaser to use in your high street stores.

That gift voucher will not be able to be redeemed online because whereas you can select you own redemption code for coupons, there isn't anyway of doing this for the GV's. Even if it was, there's more work to do because a $50 gift voucher needs to be tracked if it will be used for $15 online redemption and a $35 in-store redemption.

It can be done, but it isn't worth the hassle in combining them as it will take ages for someone to write it allow sufficient fraud protection/prevention.

Your best bet is to keep the online virtual GV separate from the physical GV

Hope that clarifies it slightly.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I have only just now realised that the Post-Install instructions that came with the original CCGV (which I used for this version) are totally screwed, and give the wrong listings for placement of Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers in the Order Total settings. This may explain why some people have been having problems with their settings :D

I will be uploading an updated file set and separating the Install instructions from the Post Install Instructions - which will now be renamed User Guide. They will have the correct info!

Vger

Hello

I finally got ccgv(trad) and paypal to work. But when I return to my site, the voucher balance is still the same ie. it didnt subtract. The order and emails shows that GV is subtracted, just not the voucher balance in the shopping cart.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

nightmanza