• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

true but the ultimate goal is to have sales not signups.

I don't know many people who would register and account, and then not buy anything. But they might be more inclined to buy if they knew there was a "reward" for creating an account...a la Discount Coupon for first-timers...

Did a quick run-through with a voucher with SEO URLs turned off and what do you know, went right through start to finish. Now if I can just figure out how to add the gv_redeem to the seo.class.php then I will be good to go.

I don't know many people who would register and account, and then not buy anything. But they might be more inclined to buy if they knew there was a "reward" for creating an account...a la Discount Coupon for first-timers...

I agree, if you have customers registered then they can sign up to mailshots/newsletters and receive their coupon codes... and have a gift voucher balance.

How would a PWA customer get a GV balance? I really can't see the feasiblity of PWA alongside CCGV. Though not impossible to use them side by side, I see no logic when all the possible pros become definate IF the customer signs up and registers.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I just don't get the rational behind PWA at all - you do all the work you would if you were creating an account, but no account is created at the end of it. Just don't get it at all.

Vger

I just don't get the rational behind PWA at all - you do all the work you would if you were creating an account, but no account is created at the end of it. Just don't get it at all.

Vger

I think that is because you try to figure it out with logic where psychology is more in order.

Treasurer MFC

I think that is because you try to figure it out with logic where psychology is more in order.

Can we please move on from the CCGV/PWA topic as there isn't much to write about.

If anyone wants to make them compatiable please use the contributions section to upload your modifications in the PWA section - thanks.

Vger, I have an admin/coupon_admin.php file that I think has some improvements on the one in the download. If I PM you with it can you take a look and let me know what you think?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi Rhea,

thanks for the reply. I've been v busy and haven't had a chance to get back to it yet.

What do you mean by "despatch the order in admin?" Are you just talking about updating the status, or releasing it from the queue?

Vger

Updating the status. I thought maybe you had to despatch the order to get the gv in the queue. Didn't work though.

Usually if it's not appearing in the queue at all then it's because Gift Vouchers and Coupons aren't actually installed in Modules --> Order Total in osC admin, but this should not happen with CCGV(trad) because the installation sql file sets them active in the database as soon as it is run. Unless of course you used a database from another site with another version of CCGV already installed?

Vger

I didn't 'install' it in Modules --> Order Total in osC admin as it was already installed. I tried uninstalling it and installing it again. Didn't work.

I set up a new database for this site, so it should be fine. When I use phpMyAdmin to look at the database, nothing shows up in the gv tables, so it looks like a gv isn't even created.

Tamsyn

Did you follow the advice in the Install instructions - so that when you set up a Gift Voucher as a product you use GIFT as the first part of the Model Number?

If you don't do that then the product is not recognised as a Gift Voucher.

Vger

Did you follow the advice in the Install instructions - so that when you set up a Gift Voucher as a product you use GIFT as the first part of the Model Number?

If you don't do that then the product is not recognised as a Gift Voucher.

Vger

Yes. Tried both GIFT10 and GIFT_10, neither worked.

Tamsyn

It's no good me trying to second guess what's happened with this install. The best advice I can give is to go through all of the Install instructions again - especially the advice with regard to settings - enabling downloads etc.

Vger

I have a small problem in that when I purchase a gift voucher it works fine but shipping is added. No big deal...So I followed the documentation and goto admin-configuration-downloads-enable download. Now at the checkout confirmation i press confirm order and I get the error:

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'delivery_address_format_id' at row 1

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value) values ('2', 'matt holland', '', '311 w edgewood dr', '', 'friendswood', '77546', 'Texas', 'United States', '2819921700', 'mattatcyberbay.net', '2', ' ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'matt holland', '', '311 w edgewood dr', '', 'friendswood', '77546', 'Texas', 'United States', '2', 'Check/Money Order', '', '', '', '', now(), '1', 'USD', '1.00000000')

Hello every body,

I am about to try to install this really great contrib.

I also like the features of the POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3220). Will it work well together with the CCVG? Which one should I install first to minimize conflicts and what whould I watch out for during teh install>

Any input is appreciated.

Arkady.

People dont change, people realize.

I have run into another issue.

For some reason, I cannot "un-redeem" a gift voucher. I added a product to my cart, checked out with a gift voucher balance of $16.61. I checked "redeem", and headed futher into the checkout procedure. Then I decided I didn't want to go through with it, so I logged out.

When I logged back in, the gift voucher was still in "redeem" mode, and I couldn't get it to NOT show up in the order total. I had to completely close the browser and restart it. That did the trick. Anyway to "fix" this so that doesn't happen?

ALSO- the tax calculation is now messed up. No matter how I configure the voucher settings in "Order Total" module, shipping is being taxed twice. It happens regardless of which sort order I choose for checkout. Tax worked just fine before this mod was installed. Any ideas?

Thanks much!

Edited by cedarcreek

Check your includes/languages/english/create_account.php page, because I'm guessing (from the error message) that you've loaded your root level create_account.php page into the languages level.

Vger

I had try to modfy the php scripts manualy and it is ok on the create_account.php, but i figure out it happen on every php files from the contribution.

I did re-install the contribution few times, it just only happen on my template...i try on the basic Osc template and every thing working find.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/dvd40001/domains/dvd4u2c.com/public_html/catalog/includes/header.php:208) in /home/dvd40001/domains/dvd4u2c.com/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

<? // ---- CATEGORIES

function tep_show_category($counter) {

global $tree, $categories_string, $cPath_array;

please let me know if there is more scripts require...

During the testing of a brand new installation, we found a small bug:

- Login into the account and process an order using a discount coupon .. then checkout succesufully

- Then without loging off, decide to do another order, you will notice that the discount coupon code still shows with a 0 amount, furthermore if you try to enter another code, its amount is also at 0

I fixed this by forcing a deregister of the coupon code in the session during checkout.

To do this edit add_checkout_success.php and add the line:

tep_session_unregister('cc_id');

Juste before

//ICW ADDED FOR ORDER_TOTAL CREDIT SYSTEM - End Addition

this should do the trick.

Regarding PWA, i can assure you that it is very useful to some customers .. I had the chance to talk to a few that arrived on the create account page with a full cart and did not go through and they all told me that they stopped because they did not want to create an account !!

Yes its the same process for us, but for a customer, like someone said, it is psychologicaly entirely different!!!

I can't say for certain, but the old (original CCGV) did work with Points and Rewards. My advice, backup first and then give it a try.

Vger

Hello every body,

I am about to try to install this really great contrib.

I also like the features of the POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3220). Will it work well together with the CCVG? Which one should I install first to minimize conflicts and what whould I watch out for during teh install>

Any input is appreciated.

Arkady.

I did re-install the contribution few times, it just only happen on my template...i try on the basic Osc template and every thing working find.

If you are using a template system (especially BTS) then CCGV won't work without major modification.

Vger

Thanks for that tip, and I'll make sure it goes out in the next update - after checking it out myself of course.

Vger

During the testing of a brand new installation, we found a small bug:

- Login into the account and process an order using a discount coupon .. then checkout succesufully

- Then without loging off, decide to do another order, you will notice that the discount coupon code still shows with a 0 amount, furthermore if you try to enter another code, its amount is also at 0

I fixed this by forcing a deregister of the coupon code in the session during checkout.

To do this edit add_checkout_success.php and add the line:

tep_session_unregister('cc_id');

Juste before

//ICW ADDED FOR ORDER_TOTAL CREDIT SYSTEM - End Addition

this should do the trick.

Regarding PWA, i can assure you that it is very useful to some customers .. I had the chance to talk to a few that arrived on the create account page with a full cart and did not go through and they all told me that they stopped because they did not want to create an account !!

Yes its the same process for us, but for a customer, like someone said, it is psychologicaly entirely different!!!

when assigning lower sort code for gift voucher than coupon - voucher tick box in checkout_payment.php, Credits availabe section disappears -

any idea why?

when assigning lower sort code for gift voucher than coupon - voucher tick box in checkout_payment.php, Credits availabe section disappears -

any idea why?

This has issue has been raised in this and other threads... basically, coupons can't have a lower sort order than vouchers.

CHOOCH

Just to follow up on my previous:

---------

It seems that there is a problem - however I hope you prove me wrong (and tell me the remedy) ,

or maybe it is the way it should be - but I doubt it.

----------

Description:

Whenever sorting order of Discount Coupon is greater than sorting order of Gift Voucher you cannot redeem funds you have on Gift Voucher account, because the tick box in Credits Available Section is missing.

-----------

I noticed that irregularity in my heavily changed version - so I thought - it is probably one of contributions or my own additions which makes it out of sync.

So I installed clean osCo (2.2ms2-051113), I uploaded set of files provided by CCGV, I uploaded ccgv.sql using phpMyAdmin into unmodified, osCo provided, sample dbase.

And at this point I started testing.

eg. I used configuration provided in CCGV Manual, given below:

Sub-total - Sort order = 1

Shipping - Sort order = 2

Gift Voucher - Sort order = 740

Discount Coupons - Sort Order =760

Tax - Sort order = 800

Total - Sort Order = 900

I tried many other combinations.

I tried to remedy that, but so far I failed.

If I'm doing something wrong, I would love to find out the right way.

I hope somebody came across that and already know-how ;)

jeffz

This has issue has been raised in this and other threads... basically, coupons can't have a lower sort order than vouchers.

Geee ... you just beat me and my long post by a second ... -- so guys please forgive my longish post above ... - but it would be a nice thing to fix it ... I'll give it a whack once I collect myself a bit - who knows.

And sorry for not reading everything in this thread - I live on borrowed time lately

--

Anyway CCGV is awesome.

Your HM Tank-man,

jeffz

Keeps asking me to Choose a payment Method when checking out with gift voucher balance.

Hello, I was wondering of one of you would be so kind and help me with this issue. Here is the scenario.

I've been running test orders and I purchased a gift voucher for $100.00 and then sent it to another email address. Before opening the email and redeeming it I released it in the admin section. Opened the email, clicked the link, created an account and redeemed it.

Then I adding a couple items to my cart that totaled $26.00 and went through the checkout process. Once I got the the checkout payment page I checked off "Tick to use Gift Voucher account balance -> " and hit continue. I keep getting this message saying Please select a payment method for your order I thought the only time I should see this message is when my order total exceeds the amount I have in my gift voucher balance.

I even tried hitting redeem instead of continue, but I get the same error message. Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. If this has been covered I apologize