• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Hey Vger,

Here is a question for you. Our company is a web based business and all sales are done through our website. We are using the CCGV contrib and it is probably the best contrib I have installed. So congrats to you. Here is my question: We are creating a retail card for our company where we will sell this card at tradeshows and each card has a different coupon code associated with it. We are going to probably be producing anywhere from 1,000 - 2,000 retail cards for now. That will mean that we need about 1000-2000 different coupon codes. Is there a way that you know of to get around from individually producing 1000-2000 different coupons manually?

Thanks for you help

My question has to be ....is there a reason why you need a different code for each card? Discount Coupons can be set up so that they can only be used once by each customer.

If the use of individual codes is meant to be some kind of tracking mechanism then it won't work, because uses of Discount Coupons are not listed individually customer by customer.

Vger

The reason that I need different codes for each retail card is that each card will be sold idividually at retail store. The customer there will purchase a retail card for say $24.95+tax, and since the already have purchase the retail card, they can not be charge the 24.95+tax again on our website. The reason that they need to go onto our website to redeem this card, is so that they can purchase the actual product of choice from our website. If I gave out only one coupon code for all 1000 people, they can very easily tell their friend what the code is, and without paying for the card, they can receive one of our product. Needless to say this can not happen. This also has to apply for cards they may get stolen. Hence why each card must have individual codes.

Hope this clarifies my situation

hey there, is there a way to change the font in the emails that go out when you send a voucher or coupon?

i would like mine to be Tahoma, 10pt and maybe blue instead of black

Yes, that claifies the situation - but unfortunately there is no way to automate the issuing of 1,000 discount coupons, unless you do it via the database using phpMyAdmin and an Auto-Increment function.

Vger

The reason that I need different codes for each retail card is that each card will be sold idividually at retail store. The customer there will purchase a retail card for say $24.95+tax, and since the already have purchase the retail card, they can not be charge the 24.95+tax again on our website. The reason that they need to go onto our website to redeem this card, is so that they can purchase the actual product of choice from our website. If I gave out only one coupon code for all 1000 people, they can very easily tell their friend what the code is, and without paying for the card, they can receive one of our product. Needless to say this can not happen. This also has to apply for cards they may get stolen. Hence why each card must have individual codes.

Hope this clarifies my situation

A little more help here, please.

This is what an invoice looks like in my admin panel:

ordertotal.gif

Is this correct? It would seem to me that the discount should show BEFORE the total, and be counted towards the total. Doesn't look like that's happening. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks very much!

There is no issue with emails not sending. Any problem you may have is local to your installation of CCGV or how your website is set up.

Vger

i dont know. my newsletters, customer emails, affiliate setup, everytg=hing else works.. but this doesnt send emails at all.

i dont know. my newsletters, customer emails, affiliate setup, everytg=hing else works.. but this doesnt send emails at all.

im so sorry.. it was the recover cart sales contrib that wasnt sending out emails.. mixxxup haaha oops.

:-"

It depends upon how you order them in Modules -->Order Total and your settings there also for Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers.

Vger

A little more help here, please.

This is what an invoice looks like in my admin panel:

ordertotal.gif

Is this correct? It would seem to me that the discount should show BEFORE the total, and be counted towards the total. Doesn't look like that's happening. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks very much!

ordertotal.gif

What about keeping the total as the actual total and applying all discounts beforehand?

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

hey there, is there a way to change the font in the emails that go out when you send a voucher or coupon?

i would like mine to be Tahoma, 10pt and maybe blue instead of black

ok, so is it safe to assume there is no way to control the font layout of the emails that go out with the coupons/vouchers?

What about keeping the total as the actual total and applying all discounts beforehand?

Yes, that's what should be happening. I'll check the Modules->Order Total settings...but I didn't change anything from the stock CCGV(trad) installation...

thanks for the help.

No - it's just safe to assume that this is something you can resolve for yourself - it's all just part of running an osCommerce website. That's why I didn't bother replying.

Vger

ok, so is it safe to assume there is no way to control the font layout of the emails that go out with the coupons/vouchers?

Just play around with the settings until you get them to do what you want. Also read the Post Install instructions at the bottom of the Install document, which gives you some advice on this. Each site is different in terms of how their owners want the order total to be calculated, to apply discounts before or after, to apply to tax or not etc.

Vger

Here is what my Order Total Module screen looks like right now (unchanged from stock CCGV(trad) mod)-

order_total_modules.gif

So, I should set Discount Coupons to "4", and Order Total to "5", and that should work?

Thanks again!

Hello,

Problem description:

-----------------------

When you choose to use voucher, you proceed to order confirmation page, and at that point you change your mind about using voucher there is no way to drop voucher.

No matter what you do, when you get to confirmation page it shows that voucher is back there, even if you haven't made that selection on previous page again.

----------------------end

jeffz

When you choose to Redeem the Voucher then it's redeemed, unless you fail to proceed with that purchase. In that case it remains in your Account Balance.

It's not possible with any contribution or modification to allow for any and every possibility, and to account for all actions that customers will do.

Vger

Hi...Very nice contrib Rhea but I have a few problems. I installed this, no errors at all as far as install goes and coupons work great and I can even send out GV's through admin and receive the email with the code.

This is the problem, I go to redeem the code through the link in email and it sends me to the sign in page, I sign in and I get nothing in the cart, I also see nothing in the admin section to queue the GV either, but it is listed in the GV sent area in admin. Like I said, the coupon section works like a charm, I can use the coupon code during checkout but if I input a GV code, I keep going in circles in checkout. I fill out all necessary info in checkout, input the GV code, and put a check mark in the Tick to use Gift Voucher account balance and hit continue at the checkout_payment screen (I have also tried clicking redeem on this page and it directs me back to login.php) all leads me back to the login page. I have installed this using compare and merge and like I said, everything works awesome for the coupon area but the GV queue and using it in checkout do not work. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the PWA that I have installed because there is alot of coding for PWA on checkout_process.php and the create_account.php pages that are split with the CCGV code. I have read through about 10-15 pages of this thread with no mention on this problem. Any ideas? Here is my checkout_payment.php code

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_payment.php,v 1.113 2003/06/29 23:03:27 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page
 if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
 }

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 }

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID
 if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {
if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
}
 }

// if we have been here before and are coming back get rid of the credit covers variable
if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');  //CCGV

// Stock Check
 if ( (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT != 'true') ) {
$products = $cart->get_products();
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
  if (tep_check_stock($products[$i]['id'], $products[$i]['quantity'])) {
	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
	break;
  }
}
 }

// if no billing destination address was selected, use the customers own address as default
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('billto')) {
tep_session_register('billto');
$billto = $customer_default_address_id;
 } else {
// verify the selected billing address
$check_address_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$billto . "'");
$check_address = tep_db_fetch_array($check_address_query);

if ($check_address['total'] != '1') {
  $billto = $customer_default_address_id;
  if (tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_unregister('payment');
}
 }

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');// CCGV
 $order_total_modules = new order_total;// CCGV
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); // CCGV

// load all enabled payment modules
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
 $payment_modules = new payment;

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
var selected;
<?php /* following jscript function ICW ADDED FOR CCGV */ ?>
var submitter = null;
function submitFunction() {
  submitter = 1;
  }
<?php /* END OF ICW ADDED FOR CCGV */ ?>
function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect) {
 if (!selected) {
if (document.getElementById) {
  selected = document.getElementById('defaultSelected');
} else {
  selected = document.all['defaultSelected'];
}
 }

if (selected) selected.className = 'moduleRow';
 object.className = 'moduleRowSelected';
 selected = object;

// one button is not an array
 if (document.checkout_payment.payment[0]) {
document.checkout_payment.payment[buttonSelect].checked=true;
 } else {
document.checkout_payment.payment.checked=true;
 }
}

function rowOverEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRow') object.className = 'moduleRowOver';
}

function rowOutEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRowOver') object.className = 'moduleRow';
}
//--></script>
<?php echo $payment_modules->javascript_validation(); ?>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('checkout_payment', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'), 'post', 'onsubmit="return check_form();"'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_payment.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']) && is_object(${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}) && ($error = ${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}->get_error())) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['title']); ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBoxNotice">
	  <tr class="infoBoxNoticeContents">
		  <tr>
			<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td class="main" width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['error']); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
  <tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION; ?><br><br><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_change_address.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHANGE_ADDRESS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td align="right" width="50%" valign="top"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
			  <tr>
				<td class="main" align="center" valign="top"><b><?php echo TITLE_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_south_east.gif'); ?></td>
				<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, true, ' ', '<br>'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			</table></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
<?php
 $selection = $payment_modules->selection();

if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {
?>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECT_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></td>
			<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top" align="right"><b><?php echo TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_east_south.gif'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" width="100%" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION; ?></td>
		  </tr>
<?php
 }

$radio_buttons = 0;
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($selection); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
		  <tr>
			<td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
if ( ($selection[$i]['id'] == $payment) || ($n == 1) ) {
  echo '				  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
} else {
  echo '				  <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
}
?>
				<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
				<td class="main" colspan="3"><b><?php echo $selection[$i]['module']; ?></b></td>
				<td class="main" align="right">
<?php
if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {
  echo tep_draw_radio_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
} else {
  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
}
?>
				</td>
				<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
<?php
if (isset($selection[$i]['error'])) {
?>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main" colspan="4"><?php echo $selection[$i]['error']; ?></td>
			  </tr>
<?php
} elseif (isset($selection[$i]['fields']) && is_array($selection[$i]['fields'])) {
?>
			  <tr>
				<td colspan="4"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
  for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($selection[$i]['fields']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
?>
				  <tr>
					<td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['title']; ?></td>
					<td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['field']; ?></td>
				  </tr>
<?php
  }
?>
				</table></td>
			  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
			</table></td>
		  </tr>
<?php
$radio_buttons++;
 }
?>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
<?php
 echo $order_total_modules->credit_selection();// CCGV
?>
  <tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
		  <tr>
			<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><b><?php echo TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE . '</b><br>' . TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE; ?></td>
			<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		  <tr>
			<td width="50%" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
			<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
		  <tr>
			<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
			<td><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
		<td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
		  <tr>
			<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '" class="checkoutBarFrom">' . CHECKOUT_BAR_DELIVERY . '</a>'; ?></td>
		<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarCurrent"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_PAYMENT; ?></td>
		<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>
		<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

PWA is a nightmare. I'm not surprised if this contribution doesn't work with PWA - there's a whole list of contributions that don't work with PWA. Anything that modifies the Login and Create Account functions is a problem.

The dynamic links in the emails that take you to gv_redeem are screwed up if you use the "Login a la Amazon" contrib - you won't get past Login and have to remove the dynamic links for it to work.

One of these days I'm going to rewrite "Login a la Amazon" so that it's compliant with the osCommerce base code, but I won't be touching PWA - which, in my opinion, is a complete waste of time. You still have to do the whole Create Account procedure, but then there's no account created at the end of all that effort. Makes no sense at all to me.

Vger

Ok..looks like I"m going to be removing PWA because I need CCGV more than PWA :) I am going to go through my code and find out what I need to remove and then I'll be back to see if it worked :) Can you tell me why the GV is not going to the queue section to be redeemable??

Ya know I'm wondering Rhea...would FEC work with this??

Edited by swtnhpy

FEC?

Also check to make sure that you are not using Ultimate SEO URL's, because if you are then you may have to adapt the SEO Class to account for the new file gv_redeem.

One of these days I'm going to rewrite "Login a la Amazon" so that it's compliant with the osCommerce base code

Hmm, look forward to it.

BTW, it really wouldn't make too much sense giving discounts to customers who don't hae an account, is it? I mean there can be scenarios where it may be viable or preferable - but all in all, if you give discounts to customers with accounts then that's a reason for them to sign up to your store.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hmm, look forward to it.

BTW, it really wouldn't make too much sense giving discounts to customers who don't hae an account, is it? I mean there can be scenarios where it may be viable or preferable - but all in all, if you give discounts to customers with accounts then that's a reason for them to sign up to your store.

true but the ultimate goal is to have sales not signups.

Treasurer MFC

FEC?

Also check to make sure that you are not using Ultimate SEO URL's, because if you are then you may have to adapt the SEO Class to account for the new file gv_redeem.

OHHHH I never even thought of that. I am using SEOURLs. ::admitting I'm just getting used to php coding:: I haven't the first clue what to change when it comes to that.

FEC is fast easy checkout :)

Edited by swtnhpy