• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

To enable the Discount Coupon, go to your admin->modules->order_total->Discount Coupons and choose to install it.

I can not find Discount install?

When I installed CCGV(trad) all the admin things needed were there ie...

Vouchers/Coupons

-Coupon Admin

-Gift Voucher Queue

-Mail Gift Voucher

-Gift Vouchers sent

I do not see this part, "Modules --> Order Total and installed either Coupons or Vouchers".

:-"

This contribution is the CCGV(trad) contribution and not the other CCGV contribution. If you are using the other contribution then you probably have not been to Modules --> Order Total and installed either Coupons or Vouchers.

Vger

Trust me when I say.. If it aint there.. you've missed something.. ;)

I founf the easiest way to check was to get a copy of Examdiff Pro or some such similar file compare program.. and check you working files against the contrib versions. Also makes sure all new files were uploaded and in their correct location.

Took me a couple of tries to get this myself.. but now it's working perfect.. onto other problems now lol

When you set up a coupon you have the option of ticking the Free Shipping option, which then overrides any coupon value (flat rate or percentage). To clarify things, using CCGV you either have the option of Free Shipping or a flat or percentage rate coupon - but not both.

If you are trying to mix and match two different features - CCGV and Free Shipping under Shipping modules then it won't work. As I said earlier in this thread, I'm happy to offer support for CCGV installation but if people wish to modify CCGV to work in a way which is different to what is intended then I can't offer that degree of support.

Vger

The Modules link is in your admin panel in the left column, and is separate from CCGV. It has sublinks to Shipping, Payment, and Order Total - and Order Total is the one you need to check.

Vger

To enable the Discount Coupon, go to your admin->modules->order_total->Discount Coupons and choose to install it.

I can not find Discount install?

i'm having some problems after installing CCGV(trad) on a copy of the latest OSCommerce. I don't have any errors per se but I can't redeem the vouchers. There is no place to do that at the checkout process. There is no tick box or button, nothing to show I can use the voucher! The voucher does show the balance in the shopping cart box but that's about it. I believe I have everything set that should be set to make this work but no go.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank You!

i'm having some problems after installing CCGV(trad) on a copy of the latest OSCommerce. I don't have any errors per se but I can't redeem the vouchers. There is no place to do that at the checkout process. There is no tick box or button, nothing to show I can use the voucher! The voucher does show the balance in the shopping cart box but that's about it. I believe I have everything set that should be set to make this work but no go.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank You!

Color me stupid! Sorry, I left out a piece of code in checkout_payment.php. It's ok now.

When you set up a coupon you have the option of ticking the Free Shipping option, which then overrides any coupon value (flat rate or percentage). To clarify things, using CCGV you either have the option of Free Shipping or a flat or percentage rate coupon - but not both.

If you are trying to mix and match two different features - CCGV and Free Shipping under Shipping modules then it won't work. As I said earlier in this thread, I'm happy to offer support for CCGV installation but if people wish to modify CCGV to work in a way which is different to what is intended then I can't offer that degree of support.

Vger

Hi Rhea

I understand you can't offer the same level of support if I make a mod myself and I know about the free shipping option thanks. What I wanted was to get CCGV working in conjunction with the automatic free shipping which comes in OSC, such that a discount coupon could only be used if the free shipping had not kicked in.

Thanks for the reply.

Ian

i got a ?

how hard would it be to make an error message if the coupon/vouche cannot be redeemed. like if its uses are all used up, or the dollar amount isnt enough or whatever, that way the customer doesnt get confused, cause if you put the code it and click redeem and it doesnt work it takes to back to the same page like nothing happened.

Try commenting this code out of includes/classes/shopping_cart.php - but I can't promise it'll work.

// CCGV ADDED - BEGIN

} elseif ($this->show_weight() == 0) {

reset($this->contents);

Worth a shot...

Tried it to no effect - the greatest effect seems to be in my classes/includes/payment.php - when I replace it with a backup I get paypal as my only choice when choosing free items - a total of zero, but paypal is my only choice...

when I load in the CCGV trad file I get the option of paypal of visa, but it is still a zero-dollar charge -- ick... gotta keep following that line and see where I end up -- LOL

Thanks! Will let you know what I figure, looking forward to resolving this!!

Lori

If it's installed correctly then you do get error messages.

Vger

i got a ?

how hard would it be to make an error message if the coupon/vouche cannot be redeemed. like if its uses are all used up, or the dollar amount isnt enough or whatever, that way the customer doesnt get confused, cause if you put the code it and click redeem and it doesnt work it takes to back to the same page like nothing happened.

Vger

I sure feel like the fool that I am. I just do not see where I am going wrong. Sure would appreciate you taking a look at my admin panel if you are willing. :blush:

I have just installed this on a brand new up to date store and modification were easy enough.

However I have now realised that tax is now showing anymore on checkout confirmation or on teh email sent after ordering.

This was workinbg before I installed this contribution.

Any ideas what could stop it calculating and displaying tax at all ?

Hello! I'm trying to set up a Welcome Discount Coupon to be sent after account is created. That all goes fine and I get the email but there is no link or code in the email for the coupon. What could be the problem? It just reads like this:

...........Congratulations, to make your first visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience we are sending you an e-Discount Coupon.

Below are details of the Discount Coupon created just for you

To use the coupon enter the redeem code which is during checkout while making a purchase

Please read the Post-Install instructions which tell you how to set up for Tax etc.

Vger

I have just installed this on a brand new up to date store and modification were easy enough.

However I have now realised that tax is now showing anymore on checkout confirmation or on teh email sent after ordering.

This was workinbg before I installed this contribution.

Any ideas what could stop it calculating and displaying tax at all ?

Okay, I'll have a look at that when I get a mo' and make sure it's functioning correctly. If not then I'll post a fix.

Vger

Hello! I'm trying to set up a Welcome Discount Coupon to be sent after account is created. That all goes fine and I get the email but there is no link or code in the email for the coupon. What could be the problem? It just reads like this:

...........Congratulations, to make your first visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience we are sending you an e-Discount Coupon.

Below are details of the Discount Coupon created just for you

To use the coupon enter the redeem code which is during checkout while making a purchase

Okay, I'll have a look at that when I get a mo' and make sure it's functioning correctly. If not then I'll post a fix.

Vger

Thank you, Vger! Just to let you know I do have the discount coupon set up and ready to go in the admin section.

I have read this instruction file but I still cant make sense of this.

The settings used are exactly the same than on my live system using the old Coupon contribution

It is not the tax that is being re-calculated wrong when a coupon is used, it is the ot_tax order total module that is not dislaying anything at all anymore.

If I edit this one and force it to show a line even if the value it found is 0, the key is set to Unknown Tax Group.

I cheked the code all over and cannot see why this would happen, undepending if I use a coupon during the order process or not ...

Okay, there isn't actually a problem with the Welcome Discount Coupon, and it is working fine. You probably made the mistake I just made - only I should know better.

You need to set up a discount coupon in Coupon Admin, and then under Configuration you need to enter the code you used for that coupon under Welcome Discount Coupon Code. Then you see this in the email:

To use the coupon enter the redeem code which is zzzasd during checkout while making a purchase

Vger

I have read this instruction file but I still cant make sense of this.

The settings used are exactly the same than on my live system using the old Coupon contribution

What can I say - no one else is having this problem - so it has to be something to do with your setup.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Fair enough .. However would you mid taking a look if I give u a logon. You might be able to spot an obvious mistake.

I have followed the post install manual then tried different combination to no avail, the tax is never recognised on checkout_confirmation...

Have looked - it's not CCGV(trad)

Vger

I sure feel like the fool that I am. I just do not see where I am going wrong. Sure would appreciate you taking a look at my admin panel if you are willing. :blush:

Okay, there isn't actually a problem with the Welcome Discount Coupon, and it is working fine. You probably made the mistake I just made - only I should know better.

You need to set up a discount coupon in Coupon Admin, and then under Configuration you need to enter the code you used for that coupon under Welcome Discount Coupon Code. Then you see this in the email:

Vger

THANKS! That did it! I used the coupon NAME in the configuration and not the CODE! Great contrib, by the way!

Have looked - it's not CCGV(trad)

Vger

Okay, I completely re-uploaded CCGV(trad), I edited the files that needed to be edited.

I am now getting the redeem coupon button now, and all the things needed in the admin area.

I tested the emial coupon number with the product that it applies to. It does not reduce

the product price by the amount of the coupon.

I do not even see it being applied in the checkout_confirmation.php form.

Ok, I installed the contrib. a while ago, and was getting an error message after entering the code and cliking continue. Vger recommended that I remove it and reload it, and so I took it all off of my site. I then reloaded it onto my site, and now everything on the Admin side is working beautifully, but there is no box to enter the code into in the checkout process.

If I remember right, it was on the checkout_payment.php page, just before the customer comments? There is some code there that I added as per the install instructions:

"<?php

echo $order_total_modules->credit_selection(); // CCGV

?>"

but when I look at the source code, nothing shows up there where that should be. I have the code loaded onto that page that the string refers to:

" require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');// CCGV

$order_total_modules = new order_total;// CCGV

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); // CCGV"

Am I missing something obvious?

Brian Quinney