• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Hello all

I've been trying to get the coupon redeem refresh problem I had working and this morning I think I have got it to work...

in the ot_coupon.php there is the following line (129 ish)

//$_SESSION['cc_id'] = $coupon_result['coupon_id']; //Fred commented out, do not use $_SESSION[] due to backward comp. Reference the global var instead.

I uncommented this out and it appears to work (although I don't know if this will cause any problems elsewhere as I am a complete php dummy and perhaps someone with some php knowledge would be able to confirm if changing this is likely to cause the shop to fallover)

Sarah

I've been trying to get the coupon redeem refresh problem I had working and this morning I think I have got it to work...

in the ot_coupon.php there is the following line (129 ish)

//$_SESSION['cc_id'] = $coupon_result['coupon_id']; //Fred commented out, do not use $_SESSION[] due to backward comp. Reference the global var instead.

I uncommented this out and it appears to work (although I don't know if this will cause any problems elsewhere as I am a complete php dummy and perhaps someone with some php knowledge would be able to confirm if changing this is likely to cause the shop to fallover)

That works on my site too Sarah. Rhea, any chance of confirming whether this will fix the problem without causing problems elsewhere?

Thanks

Ian

If it works for those sites which have this refresh problem then I'd say "Use it". I will have a look at it, because there were some amendments made by people to the original ccgv which shouldn't have been made - and this may be one of them.

From the look of that comment by "Fred" it was cut out to make the contribution work with register globals disabled.

Vger

At present there is no way, they just stay there - but this is a feature that I shall incorporate in the next update.

Vger

What I did - as a quick fix - is described below line on the bottom. But since I'm still quite new to osCo coding and I actually "fixed" raw MySQL data (through MyphpAdmin), could you take a look at it and tell me (and others): may that possibly create any unwanted efects elsewhere (according to your expertise)?

I play with test store, so I'm on the safe side - others may not, so I do not want them to get in trouble.

jeffz

------------------------------

1 - coupon/ vouchers redemption code deletion proceedure:

a. MyPHPAdmin

b. coupons table (activation codes and coupons)

c. browse from overhead menu

d. unwanted coupon(s) - tick --- and delete them

2 - additional clean-up (proceedure as above) - choose tables:

- coupon description

- coupon_email_track (clean-up of fourth option in coupon/voucher menu - admin)

- coupon_gv_customer

- coupon_gv_queue

- coupon_redeem_track

Now that I have removed the comments from the line mentioned by Sarah, everything appears to work fine. I have tested all the situations of which I can think, including multiple orders in the same session and the redemption does not appear to go wrong anywhere.

I have one question. How easy would it be to stop coupons being redeemed if the free shipping option (from the shipping module) had been triggered by the order value? It would be nice to offer automatic free shipping, rather than the customer redeeming a coupon, but not if the customer can get free shipping and a discount on the same order.

Cheers

Ian

Once a coupon has been issued the only way you can prevent it from being redeemed is to delete the coupon from your admin section - in that case the coupon number would no longer be valid.

Vger

I just installed the latest version of CCGV on a fresh installation.

When a customer checks out, the bill shows

Sub-Total: $64.95

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Total: $69.95

Discount Coupons:12345: -$5.00

I wonder why the amount paid by the customer, which is 64.95, is not shown in the bill.

Ganxh

I am testing out the lastest installation of the CCVG contribution. I was able to make a coupon which I did send to my emial account. I used the hyper link to get to the store. I login, bought the product that the coupon was good for. Went through the check out. Could not find the tick box or the button to redeem any coupons.

At what stage of the check out should I see it? I assume at the time that you enter in the CC info.

Sub-Total: $64.95

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Total: $69.95

Discount Coupons:12345: -$5.00

your order total is incorrect, try this:

Sub-Total:

Shipping:

Discount Coupons:

Total:

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

This contribution is the CCGV(trad) contribution and not the other CCGV contribution. If you are using the other contribution then you probably have not been to Modules --> Order Total and installed either Coupons or Vouchers.

Vger

I am testing out the lastest installation of the CCVG contribution. I was able to make a coupon which I did send to my emial account. I used the hyper link to get to the store. I login, bought the product that the coupon was good for. Went through the check out. Could not find the tick box or the button to redeem any coupons.

At what stage of the check out should I see it? I assume at the time that you enter in the CC info.

This contribution is the CCGV(trad) contribution and not the other CCGV contribution. If you are using the other contribution then you probably have not been to Modules --> Order Total and installed either Coupons or Vouchers.

Vger

Sorry for the poor typing I did I meant that I installed CCGV(trad)

I have testde my site as a result of your query and mine seems to work fine-ish...

what other contributions have you installed that may conflict with the tax or paypal or checkout?

No other contributions have been added. I am installing this to a fresh copy.

Is there a way to delete vouchers from admin/vouchers-coupons/gift vouchers sent register?

If not - do they age-out, or stay there indefinitely?

You can manually delete them from the SQL though. I made quite a few 'practice' vouchers to get used to the system and to test it out and then went through and deleted them before I put my site live.

I had a similar issus.

I had to go into Modules and change the order total so that the Discount Coupon was 4 and not 740 or any of the other numbers and the tick box appears.

Thanks for the fast reply! So normally it should redirect to login.php? SSL is set to false in my config files but I have had some trouble with all my file paths in general since I moved my site to the root. Can I hard code the file path somewhere?

Hi.. any advice on this one? Thanks. :)

It will go to an https login page if you have ssl, and if you don't then it will go to an http login page.

For advice on how to correctly set up your configure.php files you'll find a thread in the Tips & Tricks Forum on how to set up configure.php files manually.

Vger

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: create_coupon_code() in ......../catalog/gv_send.php on line 52

I now this needs to be defined some where but I can not figure it out. I am fairly new. any help is good thanks

Nick

You need to go back through all of the install instructions, because you haven't installed it correctly if you are seeing that error.

Vger

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: create_coupon_code() in ......../catalog/gv_send.php on line 52

I now this needs to be defined some where but I can not figure it out. I am fairly new. any help is good thanks

Nick

Okey, Dokey... what a great bunch of info and a delightful mod... I am 'almost there' with it :-)

I have a 'clean install' of the May 2nd TRAD mod (never had the old much-mussed-and-mucked-up-one installed) on a:

v2.2m2 oscommerce install

MySQL - 4.1.15-standard-log

MySQL client version: 5.0.16

read all twenty pages of info in this thread... a few things SEEMED like they had something to do with my problem, tried them alll -- but no luck so far, it is probably so simple I cannot see it...

here is what I have happening *ideally*:

I have multiple prices on 'virtual items'

--some are free - pdfs - with free shipping

--some are pricey - mp3s and the 'new' gift certificates' - (very cool!!) - with free shipping

--I have 'IRL' items -- books, dvds, etc... not free, with no free shipping

before the mod I had 'free' shipping as a choice for anything with a zero weight. Now my free shipping only shows up if a gift certificate is in the cart... so if I:

--Add a free pdf (zero price, zero weight) and it asks for paypal or credit card, though it does not add shipping

--same pdf still in the cart, add a GC, free shipping appears - fine, but strange

thinking it had something to do with the GIFT prefix, I tried adding added GIFT prefix to the pdf -- just to see -- no change in the above behaviour.

--I can toggle back and forth between the cart having a GC or not, and the 'free' shipping appears/disappears - so it is not a 'refresh' issue

I updated all non-virtual items to ensure they weigh, and all virtual items are zero-weight

So what am I missing.. probably to tell you some critical piece of the puzzle... am willing and able to try most anything. Simple fixes (while they will make me feel pretty dumb) are welcome -- LOL!!

Thanks in advance, will let you know what I can figure out!

Lori

Try commenting this code out of includes/classes/shopping_cart.php - but I can't promise it'll work.

// CCGV ADDED - BEGIN
	  } elseif ($this->show_weight() == 0) {
		reset($this->contents);
		while (list($products_id, ) = each($this->contents)) {
		  $virtual_check_query = tep_db_query("select products_weight from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . $products_id . "'");
		  $virtual_check = tep_db_fetch_array($virtual_check_query);
		  if ($virtual_check['products_weight'] == 0) {
			switch ($this->content_type) {
			  case 'physical':
				$this->content_type = 'mixed';

return $this->content_type;
				break;
			  default:
				$this->content_type = 'virtual_weight';
				break;
			}
		  } else {
			switch ($this->content_type) {
			  case 'virtual':
				$this->content_type = 'mixed';

return $this->content_type;
				break;
			  default:
				$this->content_type = 'physical';
				break;
			}
		  }
		}
// CCGV ADDED - END

Vger

I had a similar issus.

I had to go into Modules and change the order total so that the Discount Coupon was 4 and not 740 or any of the other numbers and the tick box appears.

Not sure what u mean by this?? :blush:

Once a coupon has been issued the only way you can prevent it from being redeemed is to delete the coupon from your admin section - in that case the coupon number would no longer be valid.

Vger

Sorry Rhea you have misunderstood what I meant. What I was asking was if there was a way to recognise that the order qualifies for the automatic free postage due to value (under the shipping module) and not apply any coupons. I think possibly the easiest way would be for there to be a maximum order value specified against a coupon, in the same way as there is a minimum. If we were using the free postage option we could then set the maximum order value to be the same as the threshold for the free postage.

Hope this makes sense. If you could point me to where the order value is checked to see if a coupon can be applied I will try to patch it myself.

Thanks

Ian