• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Important re., CCGV (trad)

When this contribution was done I edited the Gift Voucher side of things, applying security patches and bug fixes and added a few extra features, but did not touch the code for the Discount Coupon side of things. It now appears that, in certain circumstances, this does not work correctly. Those circumstances include recalculating the discount correctly when people backtrack and add other/different items to their shopping cart and then proceed a second time to checkout. As a matter of priority I will be working to correct this and will post an updated file set as soon as I can iron out these bugs.

Update

Found the culprit in includes/classes/shopping_cart.php and a mismatch between the updated MS2 code and CCGV, which resulted in the shopping cart not updating (as far as CCGV was concerned) when new items were added to it. The simple fix is to edit lines 103-106 and where you see x3 instances of products_id_string change to products_id. The full fix is for me to make CCGV fully compliant with the updated version of MS2's shopping cart class - which, hopefully, I'll get done in the next day.

Vger

Edited by Vger

I don't know if I have missed something or not.. Will sitt down and read through the details again.. but...

I have installed this contribution and all seemed to go without a hitch.

I have turned Downloads on

I have set weight values for products

I have added gift certificates to my products list, set the weight values of these to zero and added the model of GIFT_25, GIFT_50 and GIFT_100.

Problem 1. Even with the downloads turned on, orders are still being charge freight.

Problem 2. Apart from the freight, the order goes through the system ok. I can see the order in Admin --> Customers --> Orders. I can change the status of this order to delivered. BUT.. The gift certificate does not show up in my certificate queue,

@ Vger

thanks for this great contribe. I installed it and it works. The only problem is, that my Shop add the SHipping Cost for the Voucher, like Roomeat.

Chris

@ Vger

thanks for this great contribe. I installed it and it works. The only problem is, that my Shop add the SHipping Cost for the Voucher, like Roomeat.

Chris

Forgot one thing.

On the confoirmation e-maill is the amount without the shipping cost, but with another problem.

I make a Voucher with 10 Euro, he reduce the tax from the voucer and the customers gets only a credit of 8,62 Euro.

Chris

It sounds like you have not updated includes/classes/shopping_cart.php with the CCGV code changes. If you haven't done this then please download the upated CCGV (which I shall upload in the next hour) which contains bug fixes to this file.

Vger

yes they are.

Please read the Post-Install instructions which tells you how to correctly set Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons to include tax and shipping or exclude tax and shipping.

Vger

Forgot one thing.

On the confoirmation e-maill is the amount without the shipping cost, but with another problem.

I make a Voucher with 10 Euro, he reduce the tax from the voucer and the customers gets only a credit of 8,62 Euro.

Chris

CCGV(trad) - Updated Download now available

The amendments to includes/classes/shopping_cart.php made by the updated version of MS2 (to prevent non-existent products being added to the cart) caused problems for CCGV - preventing CCGV from recognising when the Shopping Cart had been updated. Also, those code changes plus CCGV were preventing Product Attributes from being recognised in the Shopping Cart.

These two issues are now resolved, and (hopefully) doesn't break the fix to prevent non-existent products being added to the cart.

A full file set has been uploaded, but the only changed file is includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Vger

I've tried reading through this post for answers, but it's kind of hard to follow! lol Anyway... I installed the 5.16 files, then I updated as described in "Minor error in gv_send.php" update, and I also updated as described in "bunch of fixes (table/roundoff/etc.)". I went into my admin area, and clicked on "install" for the coupon module. Everything is okay on the front end (as far as I can see so far...), but in the admin area, when I click on the "coupon admin" area.. I get this error:

1146 - Table 'myusername_osc1.coupons' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from coupons where coupon_active='Y' and coupon_type != 'G'

[TEP STOP]

(I replaced my username with "myusername" above) The same type of error comes up in Gift Voucher Queue, and Gift Voucher Sent. How can I fix this?

I've tried reading through this post for answers, but it's kind of hard to follow! lol Anyway... I installed the 5.16 files, then I updated as described in "Minor error in gv_send.php" update, and I also updated as described in "bunch of fixes (table/roundoff/etc.)". I went into my admin area, and clicked on "install" for the coupon module. Everything is okay on the front end (as far as I can see so far...), but in the admin area, when I click on the "coupon admin" area.. I get this error:

1146 - Table 'myusername_osc1.coupons' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from coupons where coupon_active='Y' and coupon_type != 'G'

[TEP STOP]

(I replaced my username with "myusername" above) The same type of error comes up in Gift Voucher Queue, and Gift Voucher Sent. How can I fix this?

I did find another error... on my website, when I clicked on "check out", then logged in, it has another error in the shopping cart box:

1146 - Table 'myusername_osc1.coupon_gv_customer' doesn't exist

select amount from coupon_gv_customer where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

Then, when I click on "continue" it brings me to a blank page. Also, I don't see where you would enter a coupon code..

Edited by kristal

This thread is the support thread only for CCGV(trad) version. No support is given for other versions, but having said that your most likely problem is that you didn't install the sql file that came with the version you did install.

Vger

Well I feel like a right old goose lol

I installed this.. but used ExamDiff Pro to compare files and modify my originals as I have other contribs installed as well. Being the first time I have used a program like this.. I assumed it would change ALL sections when I hit the button. How wrong was I.. It changes section by section.. which is a good thing now that I think about it lol.

So.. I have now gone through and corrected all modded files, re-uploaded.. and guess what.. it works PERFECT..

Thanks for the great contrib. :)

This thread is the support thread only for CCGV(trad) version. No support is given for other versions, but having said that your most likely problem is that you didn't install the sql file that came with the version you did install.

Vger

I didn't see a sql file with it... so anyway, where do I get this version then?? I went to the contributions page, then clicked on "Credit Class + Gift Voucher"... there's a million files, so I just chose the most recent one. Which one should I have used?

Okay.. disregard my last ignorant post. lol I found the sql file and updated it, thanks for the tip! :)

Everything seems to be working great now... one question though:

The box that shows up in the shopping cart to enter a coupon, it says: TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE instead of whatever it's supposed to say.

Also, under Paypal payment option, it says:

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_TEXT

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_DESCRIPTION MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_URL_TEXT

What file(s) do I need to change to fix this?

Thanks so much!

First off, THANK YOU so much for this contribution! It was EXACTLY what I have been looking for!

I have it installed on a clean site and it is working great. I only have one issue so far and it is paypal related.

When redeeming a coupon for free shipping and paying by paypal, the shipping amount is deducted from the total twice. My shipping charge is $5, and the total when you get to paypal is -$10.

Thanks

My site

Okay...so it is me again! :-"

I have the same issue with the Gift Voucher...

I have a gift voucher for $10.00. The sub-total of the order is $5.97, shipping is $5.00, so the total before the voucher is $10.97 (which shows at checkout) THEN when it transfers me to paypal it shows an amount due of -$4.03

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am running quite a few tests on my site before I make any other changes, so I apologize for all the different posts. I am posting issues as I find them.

I redeemed a gift voucher and did not use the entire balance. When I go to make a second purchase, it shows my remaining voucher balance, but does not deduct it from my balance due.

This thread is the support thread only for CCGV(trad) version. No support is given for other versions

Vger

Okay.. disregard my last ignorant post. lol I found the sql file and updated it, thanks for the tip! :)

Everything seems to be working great now... one question though:

The box that shows up in the shopping cart to enter a coupon, it says: TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE instead of whatever it's supposed to say.

Also, under Paypal payment option, it says:

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_TEXT

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_DESCRIPTION MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_URL_TEXT

What file(s) do I need to change to fix this?

Thanks so much!

If using the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module you must set it to Aggregate and not Per Item. Also please read the post-install instructions on how to set up CCGV to apply or not apply Gift Vouchers or Discount Coupons to Shipping and/or Tax.

Vger

Okay...so it is me again! :-"

I have the same issue with the Gift Voucher...

I have a gift voucher for $10.00. The sub-total of the order is $5.97, shipping is $5.00, so the total before the voucher is $10.97 (which shows at checkout) THEN when it transfers me to paypal it shows an amount due of -$4.03

Any advice would be appreciated.