• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Did you go to Configuration --> Downloads and set Enable Downloads to 'True'?

Vger

Hello,

I have a of question?

Any help appreciated :)

I have the contrib running with IPN. The weights are set to zero. Everything works correctly except that after paying there is no vouchers in the queue. I use MVS so I designated shipping as Free for this product is this messing it up? Or do I need to do something when I confirm the payment to make it go into the queue? I really don't believe MVS is the problem. I think it is PayPal IPN. I used the fix reccommmended in your instructions for PayPal IPN and have it set to aggregate.

Basically the system is not recognizing the sale I think and therefor is not entering it into the queue, coupons are working fine as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Stephanie >_<

I know that the problem isn't with the contribution, because of all of the testing I have run on it - so the problem must lay somewhere with the set up you have on your server, either with PHP or MySQL. I'm afraid I'm out of ideas on this one.

Vger

Hi Vger

I have no doubt that you have done extensive testing and that the problem is down to something strange in my installation. It can't be a fundamental SQL error as everything else is working okay, including all the functions of the Discount Coupon that I have so far tested. The only problems are shopping cart information box and the inability to specify a % in the discount coupon amount field.

Is there something which needs to be in the PHP file, to prepare it for using the tables, which I may have missed? Would it perhaps help if I posted the shopping_cart.php file here?

Thanks for your help.

Ian

As I said before, it's probably something to do with your MySQL setup. Posting files isn't going to help. Chooch asked if you were using MySQL 5. If you are then I'd suggest you downgrade to one of the MySQL 4+ versions.

Vger

Did you go to Configuration --> Downloads and set Enable Downloads to 'True'?

Vger

Yes I have downloads set to true

thanks,

Stephanie :(

It is CCGV(trad) that you have installed, and not one of the other versions of CCGV?

You did go to Modules --> Order Total and Install both Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers?

Vger

It is CCGV(trad) that you have installed, and not one of the other versions of CCGV?

You did go to Modules --> Order Total and Install both Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers?

Vger

Yes I have both installed.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Okay I've sorted the problems with my installation. The % problem was down to having MySQL 5 installed. I reinstalled 4.1 and am now able to add % discounts.

The problem with table_gv_coupon_customer must have been introduced by myself but it is worth saying what it was in case anybody has anything similar in future. In 'add_ccgvdc_application_top' I had somehow ended up with the define for that table in lower case. Changing it to upper case fixed it.

Thanks for your help.

Ian

Okay I've sorted the problems with my installation. The % problem was down to having MySQL 5 installed. I reinstalled 4.1 and am now able to add % discounts.

I was 99% sure that was causing the problem, I am glad to hear you sorted it out.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm new to osCommerce and have been told your contribution may help me. I would like the ability to allow the customer to enter their own values for the gift vouchers rather than setting specific amounts. I've installed CCGV and looked around, but can't see if there's an easy way to do this. Is it possible? Thanks!

I am trying to install this contribution (which is great BTW!).

I simply uploaded the files into my catalog - overwriting those that were already there - I didn't actually go into any file and make any changes - is that what I am supposed to have done?

I ask this - coz

a) it all seemed too easy!

B) now that I have done that - I am unable to login to view my admin - I get the following error:

Warning: main(includes/classes/navigation_history.php):failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/snsadmin/public_html/store/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Fatal error: main():Failed opening required "includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/snsadmin/public_html/store/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Where have I gone wrong?

It is a new installation- no modifications.

Thanks

Is it possible ...no.

Vger

hehe, that probably means it is possible but as it's a security risk you won't touch i!

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I am going to try to install this in my very modified shop tomorrow. I just wanted to check if the latest CCGV(trad) is complete or if I should have any possible bugfixes in mind. I'm very short on time and a little bit nervous of getting contributions like CCGV(trad), SPPC, QTPro and Order Editor working together.

I've got a strange problem redeeming discount coupons. I have set up a 10% discount with no minimum order value. When a customer checks out and uses the coupon it doesn't work the first time. If they then go back to the shopping cart and go through checkout a second time it then works. I've checked it further and it actually only works every second go.

Has this ever happened before? Any ideas what may be causing it?

Cheers

Ian

The navigation history file is not part of CCGV(trad) and is not touched by the install - so your problem lies elsewhere.

Vger

I am trying to install this contribution (which is great BTW!).

I simply uploaded the files into my catalog - overwriting those that were already there - I didn't actually go into any file and make any changes - is that what I am supposed to have done?

I ask this - coz

a) it all seemed too easy!

B) now that I have done that - I am unable to login to view my admin - I get the following error:

Warning: main(includes/classes/navigation_history.php):failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/snsadmin/public_html/store/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Fatal error: main():Failed opening required "includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/snsadmin/public_html/store/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Where have I gone wrong?

It is a new installation- no modifications.

Thanks

No, the only thing approaching what the poster wants to do would be to apply product attributes to a baseline Gift Voucher product. It is a product like any other so attributes can be applied, but it still wouldn't allow the customer to define exactly what value they wanted for the voucher.

You are correct in one respect ....I have no intention (now having a clean install) of rewriting and modding it to do whatever anyone wants it to do - because I'm pretty sure that would break the system and we'd end up in the muddle the other ccgv versions are in. :)

Vger

hehe, that probably means it is possible but as it's a security risk you won't touch i!

The only thing missing from this install is one tiny image next to the Gift Voucher Balance on the customers Account page, and that is an optional modification anyway. However I will remove the call for that image from the code when I next do an update.

As to whether CCGV(trad) will work in harmony with your other contributions - I have no idea.

Vger

I am going to try to install this in my very modified shop tomorrow. I just wanted to check if the latest CCGV(trad) is complete or if I should have any possible bugfixes in mind. I'm very short on time and a little bit nervous of getting contributions like CCGV(trad), SPPC, QTPro and Order Editor working together.

No, it's never happened before, and given all of the other problems you've had with it I suspect that it's your site and its setup that is causing you your problems. Make sure that in includes/configure.php that your http (and https if that applies) cookie domains do not include http:// in the address. The cookie_domain address is a domain and not a url.

Vger

I've got a strange problem redeeming discount coupons. I have set up a 10% discount with no minimum order value. When a customer checks out and uses the coupon it doesn't work the first time. If they then go back to the shopping cart and go through checkout a second time it then works. I've checked it further and it actually only works every second go.

Has this ever happened before? Any ideas what may be causing it?

Cheers

Ian

given all of the other problems you've had with it

I'm not sure why you consider 2 minor problems to qualify for that statement. One was fixed by changing the case of a define and the other by downgrading to MySQL 4.1 at your suggestion.

My cookie domains are set correctly thanks. It's as if something is being toggled each time through the checkout, can you suggest the most likely place for this to be happening and I'll see if I can find anything.

Ian

Is everything to do with actioning the coupon and recalculating the order total done within checkout_payment? If so what does the credit_covers variable control? There is a line of code which unregisters this variable if the session already exists. That suggests to me that the second time through the checkout the session would exist and therefore unregistering the variable is what allows the coupon to be redeemed.

Is it possible I have missed a line somewhere else which should be unregistering the credit_covers variable?

Ian

Thanks Vger. I will go with this contribution for most shops but are there eaiser ways when not needed vouchers? I think some clients would only want to offer discount coupons. I've searched the contribution area and all I found was an alternative in german..

Edited by Fredrik.r

This is the relevant line in checkout_process.php:

if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');// CCGV

$order_total_modules->clear_posts();// CCGV

This is used at the end of the checkout process to unregister the gv credit covers and clear posts. I don't think it is the source of your problem.

Possible causes may include using a commercial template which messes with the login/logout functions, or using a mod which auto logs people back in when they return to the website.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Thanks Vger. I will go with this contribution for most shops but are there eaiser ways when not needed vouchers? I think some clients would only want to offer discount coupons. I've searched the contribution area and all I found was an alternative in german..

Hi Fredrik,

Maybe it's an idea to install the full CCGV (trad) and just not use the gv functions. After all, they don't have to use the GV functions do they? It's easier to just install the full package and not use the gv functions... anyway, they may want to use them at a later date so it will save you the hassle of finding a way to install the gv function at a later date.... no?

Or you can take out the admin gv page and keep the coupons instead.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Possible causes may include using a commercial template which messes with the login/logout functions, or using a mod which auto logs people back in when they return to the website.

Vger

I'm using a mod which moves the login dialog to its own info box. I'm not sure it is to do with the login though. The coupon redemption fails at the first attempt for every order, regardless of whether the customer logs out in between or not.

Unless I have misread it. the credit_covers variable seems to deal with bypassing the payment module if a gift voucher is enough to cover the order total, so perhaps it is not that after all. Is there a similar variable for the discount coupons?

Ian