• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Hi All,

I have installed this contribution, and have recently started to promote my store. I am receiving an error once i get to the paypal screen which states

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

I was wondering if anyone knows what causes this problem? And how to fix it? I noticed it today as a customer has attempted to purchase, but the paypal IPN status has not been updated. The IPN installed is the one packaged with CCGV.

A quick fix for this would be most appreciated?

Best Regards and thanks

Donna :thumbsup:

To answer a few questions at one go.

1. There is no Pay Pal IPN packaged with this version of CCGV, so for support for the version of CCGV that you have installed (which does package Pay Pal IPN with it) you need to look go to the correct support thread.

2. Just to make doubly sure I installed the latest CCGV(trad) on a default osCommerce MS2, with no modifications made to it - and it works absolutely fine, no problems at all. The only thing missing from the package was one image which goes next to the CCGV balance in the My Account page.

3. I then test ran transactions using Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons and they work fine.

Vger

To answer a few questions at one go.

2. Just to make doubly sure I installed the latest CCGV(trad) on a default osCommerce MS2, with no modifications made to it - and it works absolutely fine, no problems at all. The only thing missing from the package was one image which goes next to the CCGV balance in the My Account page.

3. I then test ran transactions using Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons and they work fine.

Vger

I'm guessing points 2 and 3 are aimed at my question? If so, can I just check that (in your opinon) amending the order totals sorting will not have any bearing upon the issues I am experiencing. If so, you think that (again) this is down to an issue during install?

I am quite happy to try a re-install, but this is very much a 'vanilla' site and seeing that the contrib seems to be working perfectly in all other areas, I just want to make sure before I start again!

many thanks,

ND

And 'total' is set to 4?

Vger

Hi,

the contrib seems to have installed properly (thanks to your ealier help!) but I seem to have come across an issue that I am unable to resolve. I have two discount coupons setup.

1. A 10% discount applicable on product categories 1, 2, 3

2. A 5% discount applicable on product categories 4 & 5

Without any values entered in the valid categories field, the discounts work exactly as expected. BUT, as soon as I put a list of categories in, the discounts just fail to register at checkout.

I have checked all the config, and am fairly confident that this is all set correctly. For info, the order totals order is:

Subtotal - 1

Shipping - 2

Tax - 3

Discount - 9

All other settings are as default, with the exception of the shipping, I have set the discount shipping to false.

Any help greatly appreciated!

ND

I'm guessing points 2 and 3 are aimed at my question?

Actually - no. You'll see that there are a lot of posts recently where people just haven't bothered to read past the actual Install instructions to go onto the part where it tells you how to configure and enable Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons.

It's no good doing the install if they don't then read that they have to 'Enable Downloads', and apply a zero weight to Gift Vouchers and apply a weight to all other 'non-virtual' products.

Vger

I seem to have found another anomaly...which I guess points towards a duff install?

I cannot delete 'inactive' coupons. I select the inactive list, choose a coupon to delete, and press the delete button. The confirm button is displayed, but the list of coupons has now changed to show active ones instead. The coupon ID [?] is now blank, as are all the details.

What is the best procedure to follow to clear this contrib down...just overwrite the files with a clean install?

Many thanks,

ND

Edited by noddingdino

It sounds like you have a coding problem with your site. Does your server by any chance have Register Globals set to'off' in php.ini - because this contribution has not been tested for working with Register Globals set to 'off'.

In your case, as you apparently uploaded the file set for CCGV then the best thing to do would be to restore with unedited files.

Vger

I have now restored my pre-ccgv (trad) installation and re-installed ccgv (trad) 3 times. Each time I have ended up with the same problem, so I am convinced I have correctly followed all the manual install steps. The problem is that when I am logged on, my shopping_cart information box contains the following error message:

1146 - Table 'ecoflow.table_coupon_gv_customer' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

This does not appear to effect the rest of the operation, however I have found a couple more problems, as follows:

- When creating a discount coupon, if I give a value which includes a % the insert fails. The table shows that column to be decimal 8.4, so I am not sure how % values can be used.

- When using a coupon, the first time it is redeemed works okay. However, the second time the same customer tries to use the coupon (with a number of uses per customer of > 1) the voucher does not redeem and confirming the order results in the following error:

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'delivery_address_format_id' at row 1

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_state, customers_postcode, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_state, billing_postcode, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value) values ('10', 'Ian Homewood', '', '600 Liverpool Road', 'Ainsdale', 'Southport', 'Merseyside', 'PR8 3BQ', 'United Kingdom', '', '[email protected]', '1', ' ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'Ian Homewood', '', '600 Liverpool Road', 'Ainsdale', 'Southport', 'Merseyside', 'PR8 3BQ', 'United Kingdom', '1', 'Direct Bank Transfer', '', '', '', '', now(), '1', 'GBP', '1.00000000')

All of the problems seem to be db related, but the SQL script ran in okay. Are you able to help?

Thanks

If it's not locating the tables added for CCGV(trad) in the database then you have a problem with the MySQL your site uses, possibly with the language. If, when you go to run the sql file, there is a little box showing UTF8 try changing this to latin1 and see if that helps.

Vger

I've made some progress. I backed up my live database and restored it to my test environment, then ran the script. That has removed the address format problem but I still have the error accepting the % and the table does not exist error in the shopping cart.

The script ran in okay and the coupons are working, so I don't see how it could be the UTF8/Latin thing. I'll give it a bash though.

Just checked MySQL admin and the default character set is Latin 1. As I say, the script ran in okay and the admin functions seem to work okay. I can also redeem coupons, so I'm sure this isn't the problem.

The table does exist but for some reason the info box doesn't think it does. Sorry but I don't really know PHP, is there a command which should go in the file before any attempt to access the table? Something like an include for a db library?

The last time that this occurred it was when someone hadn't actually gone into their osCommerce admin panel, gone to Modules --> Order Total and installed Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons.

Vger

Strange. They are both there, coupons has a sort order of 9 and gift vouchers has 740. I have tried removing and reinstalling them and it makes no difference. Would it make a difference if I removed them and removed the files from the order_total folder, then put them back and reinstalled?

I know that the problem isn't with the contribution, because of all of the testing I have run on it - so the problem must lay somewhere with the set up you have on your server, either with PHP or MySQL. I'm afraid I'm out of ideas on this one.

Vger

I have now restored my pre-ccgv (trad) installation and re-installed ccgv (trad) 3 times. Each time I have ended up with the same problem, so I am convinced I have correctly followed all the manual install steps.

Go to catalog/admin/tools and click the server info link. Take a look at the top right of the page and see where it says " Database: MySQL " - which numbers follow?

If it is 5.0+ then there are possibly some issues surrounding this updated version and some manual code edits could make it work.

If the number is around 4.0+ then something else is wrong and that 'something' needs to be identified in order to get the system working properly....

..... either way it isn't really a CCGV related problem even if the error comes up only after CCGV is installed, therefore you may have to post your query to a different forum as it is (probably) a MySQL problem.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm back.. and now since I do not find a solution on the problem on my shop, I have installed at new test shop and installed CCGV(trad) on a clean oscommerce..

I really want to get this right..

First thing I se, after installing is this:

BOX_GV_ADMIN_COUPON_ADMIN

Gift Voucher Queue

Mail Gift Voucher

Gift Vouchers sent

in the meny in admin.. I guess the big letters on the top meens something is not right? what do I fix and where?

Below the instructions on how to install this contribution are the instructions on how to use it. You need to read those and you'll find your answer.

Vger

I have read it 100 times but I do not understand how it works because it doesnt work in my shop.. When someone byes a gift vocher do I have to manually mail them the gift vocher?

You release the Gift Voucher from the Gift Voucher Queue.

The other error is resolved by using the latest updated version.

Vger

I have read it 100 times but I do not understand how it works because it doesnt work in my shop.. When someone byes a gift vocher do I have to manually mail them the gift vocher?

Hello,

I have just finished coding a small addon I needed, in order to associate a coupon code with a list of free gift.

I am however using an older version of the original CCVG contribution and have not got around to check out this one, but rather than post the add-on in the old one which is already quiet messy, would rather pass it on here and see what you guys think, and I am pretty sure that sinceI done some minimal changes, they could added to this branch of the code.

Is anyone (Vger?), interested. I have handled this in a pretty muck forward way, tested it and it seems to work ok. I am using the restrict_to_products column as a list of the product offered with the coupon, and created a new coupon type (Z).

All I added afterward is some code in ot_coupon to check if a coupon is of type Z, the the gifts are all still in stock (while stock last type of offer), and that all the other coupon restriction applies (unused, over amount ...), then the product is added to the order for a price of 0.

Since I dont want to mess up any cleaned up code, I thought I would ask first and give it for review. I am also not certain that this is the best way of handling it, I guess inserting the product, then production a negative amount for the same price in the subtotal would also work but I got some problems doing this and abandonned the idea.

Other possible problem is the wight of the frre gift that is then not included in the shipping calculation, however I suppose that if you give something for free, the shipping should also be offered ;)

If you think this is worth adding to the contribution, let me know I will post the code here or send it via email or msn

Hi, All of the contributions posted here are Open Source - so anyone can contribute to them. My own personal view is that I would like to keep this clean of any possible problems. I'm pretty busy at the moment but if you'd like me to look it over and are prepared to wait while I do it then I'll PM you my email address.

Vger

Lets do this since this was the idea behind my post.

I know that this is Open Source but since u made the effort of goig bas to some safer basics I rather we discuss it before this is released as a baseline version, or what happened previously might simply happen again ;)

Is anyone (Vger?), interested. I have handled this in a pretty muck forward way, tested it and it seems to work ok. I am using the restrict_to_products column as a list of the product offered with the coupon, and created a new coupon type (Z).

All I added afterward is some code in ot_coupon to check if a coupon is of type Z, the the gifts are all still in stock (while stock last type of offer), and that all the other coupon restriction applies (unused, over amount ...), then the product is added to the order for a price of 0.

Sounds like a handy add-on, I'm looking forward to this to see the functionality :-)

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hello,

I have a of question?

Any help appreciated :)

I have the contrib running with IPN. The weights are set to zero. Everything works correctly except that after paying there is no vouchers in the queue. I use MVS so I designated shipping as Free for this product is this messing it up? Or do I need to do something when I confirm the payment to make it go into the queue? I really don't believe MVS is the problem. I think it is PayPal IPN. I used the fix reccommmended in your instructions for PayPal IPN and have it set to aggregate.

Basically the system is not recognizing the sale I think and therefor is not entering it into the queue, coupons are working fine as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Stephanie >_<