• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Hi

As with everyone else, thanks for simplifying this contribution so much. I used the other garbled ccgv on another store last year and it was awful to install.

Ok, here's the issue and I've used enough contributions to realise that somehow I am being thoroughly stupid, but in admin, all the links have the full file names instead of the actual defined names. I've gone through everything and cannot see why it is not calling from add_ccgvdc_application_top.php to give me the correct link names.

A bit of insight would be extremely appreciated because I'm quite frazzled with this now.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

As with everyone else, thanks for simplifying this contribution so much. I used the other garbled ccgv on another store last year and it was awful to install.

Ok, here's the issue and I've used enough contributions to realise that somehow I am being thoroughly stupid, but in admin, all the links have the full file names instead of the actual defined names. I've gone through everything and cannot see why it is not calling from add_ccgvdc_application_top.php to give me the correct link names.

A bit of insight would be extremely appreciated because I'm quite frazzled with this now.

Thanks in advance.

i noticed this too... i think that the problem is that the names of the constants in the file

- admin/includes/boxes/gv_admin.php

are not the same as their definitions in

- admin/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php

ie BOX_GV_ADMIN_GV_QUEUE in gv_admin.php should correspond to BOX_GV_ADMIN_QUEUE in add_ccgvdc_english.php

... i changed the names in add_ccgvdc_english.php to match gv_admin.php and it worked for me

good luck

mike

i noticed this too... i think that the problem is that the names of the constants in the file

- admin/includes/boxes/gv_admin.php

are not the same as their definitions in

- admin/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php

ie BOX_GV_ADMIN_GV_QUEUE in gv_admin.php should correspond to BOX_GV_ADMIN_QUEUE in add_ccgvdc_english.php

... i changed the names in add_ccgvdc_english.php to match gv_admin.php and it worked for me

good luck

mike

Mike, I could hug you!

I did not for a moment consider that the problem was in the coding and not me making a stupid mistake somewhere. Took under a minute to fix and now it's perfect.

I've done all kinds of tests and have to say again that this is an amazing contribution. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work and effort. Mike, thanks for a very quick and clear response!

:)

Hello!

I've installed this great contribution yesterday.

In Vouchers/Coupons -> Send Gift Voucher To Customers

My intention is to send GV to a list of e-mails that are not actual clients (the site is new and want to promote it: http://gaspy.com.ar).

I tried to do it in this way: [email protected], [email protected] and no emails are sent.

Then I replaced the "," for ";" and no way.

It seems to send only one e-mail.

Is any way to do what I want?

Thank you!

I offer support only for people who are having problems installing the module. I'm afraid I don't have the time to offer support to people who wish to modify the way it works.

Vger

Quick Question,

Is there a way to create a free coupon so that when a customer chooses the product they wish to purchase, they will receive the product free with no shipping and will not have to pay taxes on it either. I have tried to create a coupon for 100% off but the person still had to pay for the shipping and pay for the taxes. I also checked off the free shipping but it still charged me for it. ANY IDEAS?

O

When you use CCGV all Gift Vouchers and Coupons have a zero weight and are 'virtual' products - while all othe products have a weight and are non-virtual. Non-virtual products have shipping charged to them, unless you use one of the shipping modules which allows you to set Free Shipping for items over a certain value.

Vger

I am uploading an updated version now - which will fix the typo in checkout_process.php, plus fix the gv_admin_gv_queue issue, but will also set the Discount Coupon and CCGV active in Modules --> Order Total in osCommerce admin as soon as the sql file is run, without having to click to install them (as lots of people forget to do this).

Vger

sorry to ask more questions, however...

i've installed the contribution onto a fresh osCommerce install and everything looks fine.

the problem i have is that when a customer buys a gift certificate it appears twice in the orders section.

it can only be mailed once, but is showing as two separate orders (with the same order number).

i sent the coupon to a test recipient, and used it.

this account also showed two orders, one at the original price and a second at the discounted price.

in fact all orders are showing twice in the order history.

the only other contrib i have installed is the french traduction pack.

any help would be greatly appreciated, i'll be rummaging around in the code for the time being!!!

thanks in advance

mike

I am a newbie... so if this is a dumb question... I apologize in advance...

I have seen so far that there are 2 contributions that are available that might do what I need but the more I read the less I am sure which or if any is what I should use... I saw your CCGV and the EasyDiscount

I sell on my website... and I also have a group... where I sometimes offer specials limited to them... so I want to be able to put up a sale on the website for let's say 20% off for 3 days,... I think that could be done in Easy Discount from what I read... but I also need to be able to offer a never ending special to my group member that would involve free shipping after a certain amount of purchase AND a 5% over the entire order... I was thinking that the easiest thing would be to program a code that I could send to them... and they could like type it in when checking out or something... is this something that I could do with CCGV... cause I am reading about vouchers being worth a certain amount and in my case it's not that at all...

Thanks for any light... and sorry if this was discussed in the past...

That sort of error has never been reported before. As far as I am aware it hasn't been reported with any version of CCGV. I suspect there is either a problem with your install of it, or else a problem with your site which only shows up when vouchers or coupons are used.

Vger

sorry to ask more questions, however...

i've installed the contribution onto a fresh osCommerce install and everything looks fine.

the problem i have is that when a customer buys a gift certificate it appears twice in the orders section.

it can only be mailed once, but is showing as two separate orders (with the same order number).

i sent the coupon to a test recipient, and used it.

this account also showed two orders, one at the original price and a second at the discounted price.

in fact all orders are showing twice in the order history.

the only other contrib i have installed is the french traduction pack.

any help would be greatly appreciated, i'll be rummaging around in the code for the time being!!!

thanks in advance

mike

Yes, you can set up coupons that work on a minimum order value, or coupons that work for all purchases, or only when used against a certain, defined, group of items (specials you want to sell off).

Vger

I am a newbie... so if this is a dumb question... I apologize in advance...

I have seen so far that there are 2 contributions that are available that might do what I need but the more I read the less I am sure which or if any is what I should use... I saw your CCGV and the EasyDiscount

I sell on my website... and I also have a group... where I sometimes offer specials limited to them... so I want to be able to put up a sale on the website for let's say 20% off for 3 days,... I think that could be done in Easy Discount from what I read... but I also need to be able to offer a never ending special to my group member that would involve free shipping after a certain amount of purchase AND a 5% over the entire order... I was thinking that the easiest thing would be to program a code that I could send to them... and they could like type it in when checking out or something... is this something that I could do with CCGV... cause I am reading about vouchers being worth a certain amount and in my case it's not that at all...

Thanks for any light... and sorry if this was discussed in the past...

Hi! I would appreciate suggestion which contribution to install; the original CCGV or this. Either way I will need to completely remove the CCGV 5.14 which are installed right now.

Is it hard to bring back the option of enable or disable queues? The description said "All Gift Vouchers are now queued. This is no longer an option."

Not queuing Gift Vouchers is a security risk. Hackers are always trying ways to break a programme, and there have been exploits previously which took advantage of Gift Vouchers not being queued. The known exploits have been addressed in this issue - but it's the unknown ones (the ones waiting around the corner) that I am more concerned with.

If you don't want to queue Gift Vouchers then just look in the configuration values in the sql file and change 'True' to 'False' for the Queue Gift Vouchers option. If you do that then be aware that apart from applying security fixes I haven't updated that part of the code.

Vger

Hi Vger,

another plea for help I'm afraid! I have installed the contrib but come up with the following four errors. I have commented out the offending lines for now, but would appreciate any help you can offer on what it is I have done wrong!

ERROR 1

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: count_contents_virtual() in /home/noddingd/public_html/shop/checkout_payment.php on line 75

The line in error reads:

$total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); // CCGV

ERROR 2

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: credit_selection() in /home/noddingd/public_html/shop/checkout_payment.php on line 324

The line in error reads:

echo $order_total_modules->credit_selection();// CCGV

ERROR 3

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: collect_posts() in /home/noddingd/public_html/shop/checkout_confirmation.php on line 57

The line in error reads:

$order_total_modules->collect_posts();// CCGV

and lastly!!!

ERROR 4

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pre_confirmation_check() in /home/noddingd/public_html/shop/checkout_confirmation.php on line 58

The line in error reads:

$order_total_modules->pre_confirmation_check();//  CCGV

*many* thanks in advance,

Mark

OK, I have re-installed all of the files, and have lost all of the errors described above - GREAT!

BUT...having entered my discount code at checkout, all prices reset to zero. Logging out and back in does not change this either. The only place I see prices now is within the admin CP. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

many thanks,

Mark.

Edited by noddingdino

For some weird reason when osCommerce was built it was assumed that if you spoke English then your currency was US Dollars (what about the majority of the English speaking world?), so there is a connection between languages and currencies as far as the English language is concerned.

Vger

Not queuing Gift Vouchers is a security risk. Hackers are always trying ways to break a programme, and there have been exploits previously which took advantage of Gift Vouchers not being queued. The known exploits have been addressed in this issue - but it's the unknown ones (the ones waiting around the corner) that I am more concerned with.

If you don't want to queue Gift Vouchers then just look in the configuration values in the sql file and change 'True' to 'False' for the Queue Gift Vouchers option. If you do that then be aware that apart from applying security fixes I haven't updated that part of the code.

Vger

Thank you Vger!!

Since it is quite a hard work to install this contribution I need to ask if there are any disadvantages compared to the traditional Credit Class & Gift Vouchers. I just removed version 5.14. My clients mainly wants to use coupons, but I'm sure vouchers will be used aswell (if they work properly).

Regarding the security risk, are there any risks with vouchers if I just use credit card payment for them? I'm thinking about the queue. If they pay in advance there should be any risks? Or do you mean hacking in another way?

Edited by Fredrik.r

There was a previous exploit where someone would buy a voucher, which carries with it an id which can be manually input during the checkout procedure - and the hacker would then pass this id around to hundreds of people and they'd all use it before it was added to anyone Gift Voucher Account Balance. This exploit has been fixed, but hackers are always looking for new ways to make money at your expense - so why take the risk?

In my opinion this version is better than others because it carries with it a manual set of install instructions which allows it to be installed on modified sites.

Vger