• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

wich i'll gonna do myself if the Boss of this contrib would allow me

You can do what you like on this forum because (as my post above) I don't support it from here any more.

Vger

It seems that the cid is dropped from the url on the preview page like so...

admin/coupon_admin.php?action=update&oldaction=new&cid=

The cid is used to assign the coupon_id in the coupon_description table so that is why it is zero. Sorry but still no fix as yet.

Simon

Hello,

After much head scratching it was the following update in RC1 causing my issue...

[iMPROVEMENT] MySQL Database Connection Identifier Link

Pass the MySQL connection identifier link to the mysql_insert_id() function.

Affected Files

catalog/includes/functions/database.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php

File: catalog/includes/functions/database.php 104 } = 104 }

105 105

106 function tep_db_data_seek($db_query, $row_number) { 106 function tep_db_data_seek($db_query, $row_number) {

107 return mysql_data_seek($db_query, $row_number); 107 return mysql_data_seek($db_query, $row_number);

108 } 108 }

109 109

110 function tep_db_insert_id() { <> 110 function tep_db_insert_id($link = 'db_link') {

111 global $$link;

111 return mysql_insert_id(); 113 return mysql_insert_id($$link);

112 } = 114 }

113 115

114 function tep_db_free_result($db_query) { 116 function tep_db_free_result($db_query) {

115 return mysql_free_result($db_query); 117 return mysql_free_result($db_query);

116 } 118 }

117 119

File: catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php 108 } = 108 }

109 109

110 function tep_db_data_seek($db_query, $row_number) { 110 function tep_db_data_seek($db_query, $row_number) {

111 return mysql_data_seek($db_query, $row_number); 111 return mysql_data_seek($db_query, $row_number);

112 } 112 }

113 113

114 function tep_db_insert_id() { <> 114 function tep_db_insert_id($link = 'db_link') {

115 global $$link;

115 return mysql_insert_id(); 117 return mysql_insert_id($$link);

116 } = 118 }

117 119

118 function tep_db_free_result($db_query) { 120 function tep_db_free_result($db_query) {

119 return mysql_free_result($db_query); 121 return mysql_free_result($db_query);

120 } 122 }

121 123

I have removed the update and it all now works fine. Does anyone know the background to this RC1 update??

Simon

You can do what you like on this forum because (as my post above) I don't support it from here any more.

Vger

What a joke!!!

You don't support it period because people don't play by your rules. You don't like to be shown up and look foolish when you have bugs and people try to fix them for the community.

You comments on the contribution page proves that.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...all/search,CCGV

I visited your site and the few people who were asking for help got NONE you were AWOL. Not to mention 3 people called out bug fixes which you denied but yet when applied the problems went away. If you are going to support it then support it. If not move over and let the community help out and quit trying to be a super hero.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

What a joke!!!

You don't support it period because people don't play by your rules. You don't like to be shown up and look foolish when you have bugs and people try to fix them for the community.

You comments on the contribution page proves that.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...all/search,CCGV

I visited your site and the few people who were asking for help got NONE you were AWOL. Not to mention 3 people called out bug fixes which you denied but yet when applied the problems went away. If you are going to support it then support it. If not move over and let the community help out and quit trying to be a super hero.

She is not "silly" if you have tried to support a contribution YOU have uploaded you would probably also see that Tom, Dick and Harry uploading unverified "fixes" to it is bound to give rise to problems.

The incentive started by Vger to have a clean and fairly bugfree gift voucher version updated only by the "author" with support in the forum was a great idea.

For those who desperately feel the need for uploading "fixes" , why not just use the original CCGV and then upload any 'fixes' you make for that one instead.

This is now a moot point, since she has already stated that she will not upload new versions or support it here anymore.

Now the CCGV (trad) will probably evolve into another bug/error ridden contribution with countless uploaded versions and 'fixes' which might or might not work with close to zero forum support like so many contributions before.

I just hope that those overeager "fixers" can learn from this and not upload "fixes" for contributions where the "author" spesifically has asked for bug-fixes not to be uploaded but to be emailed to her/him for testing and eventual inclusion in further releases.

She is not "silly" if you have tried to support a contribution YOU have uploaded you would probably also see that Tom, Dick and Harry uploading unverified "fixes" to it is bound to give rise to problems.

The incentive started by Vger to have a clean and fairly bugfree gift voucher version updated only by the "author" with support in the forum was a great idea.

For those who desperately feel the need for uploading "fixes" , why not just use the original CCGV and then upload any 'fixes' you make for that one instead.

This is now a moot point, since she has already stated that she will not upload new versions or support it here anymore.

Now the CCGV (trad) will probably evolve into another bug/error ridden contribution with countless uploaded versions and 'fixes' which might or might not work with close to zero forum support like so many contributions before.

I just hope that those overeager "fixers" can learn from this and not upload "fixes" for contributions where the "author" spesifically has asked for bug-fixes not to be uploaded but to be emailed to her/him for testing and eventual inclusion in further releases.

Just to say, I did get help and support from Vger when I had a problem both on this and another forum. She also asked me to feedback to her any information I had which may help others. I for one am incredibly grateful to all the people on oscommerce who provide these contributions and the many people who help as without them this would be a product I could not use. I think for people to take time out and help others by providing a contribution should be commended, to then go on to help people use it is unbelievably impressive particularly when there are so many novice users such as me which must be so frustrating.

Further more, there's nothing worse than going to a contribution which has so many fixes that it's impossible to know what to download. If all bug fixes were sent to the contribution owner first and they are kind enough to offer to test them then put up a new release it would be easier for everyone.

Although I no longer provide support for CCGV(trad) here I will make this comment about what "Open Source" means.

If there is a home for "Open Source" then it is "Source Forge". At Source Forge the only people who can update a project are the Developer or Team of Developers providing it.

Because something is Open Source (GPL) it means that people can take it, redevelop it how they want and pass it on to others. That doesn't mean that anyone and everyone should have the ability to screw up the original source files by posting idiotic "fixes" or "updates" to them.

Unfortunately that's the way things work here - and that's why support and development for it has been moved.

Vger

Hello Guys,

From what i can see this looks like exactly the module my customer needs. ive followed the install instructions as far as i can, and have gone to checkout with a vouvher i have created and i get the following message, could anybody please advise what the problem is, - im willing to pay somebody who can fix this issue and get this module working tonight for me, so if anybody is offering, please let me know your price.

Thanks guys, the error is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare pre_confirmation_check() in /usr/home/pcauser/public_html/includes/classes/payment.php on line 165

Edited by swiftmed

Hi I have CCGV(trad) installed.

I'm about to go live and was just finishing the testing. I placed an order for a voucher. When I go to Admin - I get no vouchers listed in the Gift Voucher Release Queue.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong :'(

Thanks

Lotti

Hi I have CCGV(trad) installed.

I'm about to go live and was just finishing the testing. I placed an order for a voucher. When I go to Admin - I get no vouchers listed in the Gift Voucher Release Queue.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong :'(

Thanks

Lotti

Im having the exact same problem.

Although I no longer provide support for CCGV(trad) here I will make this comment about what "Open Source" means.

If there is a home for "Open Source" then it is "Source Forge". At Source Forge the only people who can update a project are the Developer or Team of Developers providing it.

Because something is Open Source (GPL) it means that people can take it, redevelop it how they want and pass it on to others. That doesn't mean that anyone and everyone should have the ability to screw up the original source files by posting idiotic "fixes" or "updates" to them.

Unfortunately that's the way things work here - and that's why support and development for it has been moved.

Vger

What a joke, you know this is how things are run here. The forum and the contributions are supported by the Community which is way people think this is all so Great.

the ability to screw up the original source files by posting idiotic "fixes" or "updates" to them.

I don't see anything " idiotic" about a fix or update if makes the contribution work and it has been addressed and the author fails to offer SUPPORT.

Sounds like to me you want your cake and eat it too.

Edited by Silverado05

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Hi,

I was reading about how to use gift vouchers

But if you have redeemed a Gift Voucher and it's in your account and you want to spend part or all of it on your own purchases then you just tick the box next to Redeem and then click Redeem.

I can't seem to find this tick box. Also, both the discount vouchers and gift vouchers dont' seem to work in the admin panel. They always say install though I was able to redeem one discount. I'm not seeing any error messages either. Any suggestions?

I have installed this contribution today. Inserted a Coupon in the admin area. But whne I tested during checkout, I enter the coupon in the text field in checkout_payment.php but nothing hapnned. No discount was applied anywhere.

I believe I've installed all the files. What am I missing?

Help!

Regards

Plamen

Hi,

I'm installing CCGV(trad) and I want to make sure I am understanding correctly.

I don't have to worry about the List of files to be edited if I haven't modified my installation of oscommerce right? I can just upload all of the List of new files?

I'm working on multiple stores with multiple problems.

I gotta defend Rhea's choice here. She came out with a clean version of CCGV, what some might consider Nobel prize worthy, and even offered to maintain and actively support it. All she asked is that people run fixes and features by her and not just uploading them. That's not a huge thing to ask.

The free for all contributions system works great for small contributions and those that have no single active developer, but if someone is willing to donate the time to maintain a quality contribution, they should have the say in what goes in and what doesn't.

I've had one instance where someone took a contribution I wrote, stripped out all of the comments/instructions, double spaced it all, and re-uploaded only a single script of the contribution as a "PHP5 fix." I know how frustrating it can be.

I'd say that I'm a good enough developer to offer quality fixes for CCGV, but knowing that Rhea is/was maintaining it, I would run them by her first and not just upload them. That's simply showing respect to the person who has donated countless hours to something that we all benefit from and also keeps the contribution from turning into the disaster that is the original CCGV contribution.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I have had alot of support from original authors of great contributions & am hughly grateful. I think it is a great idea, certainly on the big & hughly used contributions for the author to maintain an understandable download list. I for one get confused with all the additions & knowing which one to use. Also small addons seem not to be continuously supported.

I was looking to add this one to the new RC1 I am starting & was about to ask if it was compatable, but would seriously consider NOT doing it if Vger's help was not available. This is such a shame.

I believe that this contribution and the support has been a very good option to the other ccgv contribution which is really an “apache” (patch, patch, patch).

Thanks for you time and effort. In my humble opinion you should not withdrew from the contribution due to the fact that few people did not understand the spirit and method to maintain a bug free and clean contribution… as analogy the same situation could be pictured when you go to Bahamas and the taxi driver was rude with you… and you said I wont come back to Bahamas because the people here are rude… think about it.

Anyway thanks… I’ll check your new support site

Edited by andes1

I gotta defend Rhea's choice here. She came out with a clean version of CCGV, what some might consider Nobel prize worthy, and even offered to maintain and actively support it. All she asked is that people run fixes and features by her and not just uploading them. That's not a huge thing to ask.

Hmm problem is that even if you run things by her, if she thinks that the feature or fix does not affect her directly or that she doesnt like it, she plainly refuse to add it to the code.

I have got nothing with her wanting to keep it clean and avoid too many branches, but when clean fix or plugins are sent to her and you do not get any kind of feedback months after other than "it doesnt look important to me so I will look at it when i have a chance (like ...never)" it is a bit frustrating dont you think.

A request was made to associate couponm with free gifts ... I actually did this on my shop so sent her the code to integrate..to no avail.

There is a difference between keeping things in line and being despotic. Read a few message in this thread (if they still exists), a good example is the bug where customer cannot choose to change their mind and not use a coupon after they have decided to do so

(http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=findpost&hl=&pid=916194). Vger decided this was not a bug..and that was it..

So yes, she done a great work cleaning it, but her beahviour thereafter ws well out of line if you want my opinion.

You make a very valid point -- there is a fine line. I've received many feature requests for the PayPal Pro module that I've said no to simply because they were too specific to a single store owner/type, but feature requests that would benefit the majority are usually added.

I would suggest that the best course of action is to create another fork of the CCGV contribution, but only if you're willing to dedicate the time to maintain it, support it in the forums, implement user requests, and fix bugs. If that's not possible, another option is to create a new contribution section called "CCGV (trad) Mods" and each package would be instructions on how to modify the CCGV (trad) codebase to perform a specific function.

I agree that Rhea doesn't always have the best bedside manner, but she is/was willing to spend her time maintaining and supporting this contribution and giving her the respect to let her maintain it how she pleases is not a big request. If she's too despotic, create a new fork and keep on keeping on.

I also agree that the feature you mentioned is needed. I assume she just wants a version of CCGV that we know will always work and can modify it from that point and doesn't want to introduce any new features, but I can't speak for her. Option #2 above would be a great way of avoiding all this trouble and keeping Rhea around to support the base module.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Or we could simply like in many other contribution, keep a Add-On folder within the same contribution.

Those changes usually, once teste fully, do not impact on the core functionality of a contribution since they use some of its funtions without modifying them.

I think this would help keep things cleaner on the contributions side.

I am really not a big fan of making forks of forks of forks. CCGV (trad) should even have been entered as CCVG V xxx explaining this was the new full package, since after all the only difference there is between this contribution and the other one is that it is a snapshot of the code at one "working" moment, cleaned up from all of the mess sometime added later.

Personnaly I dont even use CCGV (trad), but the original version, cleaned up, and the code and bugs are very similar, since its the same contribution after all :)

This is also the reason why I think that Vger is overeacting about it all, since after all she is not the one who coded this contribution in the first place, isnt she ?

Edited by Phocea

I have made the point previously that I will upgrade CCGV(trad) when the final release of osCommerce 2.2 MS2 comes out - there's no point in making one for a "Release Candidate".

As usual when I make an upgrade, it is based on feedback from users, and I have changed my mind on one point raised above which I previously did not agree with. It was suggested that when people backtracked that the Gift Voucher or Discount Coupon should be unregistered so that people would have to select it again. Upon reflection I agree to do this and will implement it. Many new features have been added since CCGV(trad) was built.

You can ignore the posts by Silverado, he's just p****d because as Texan78 he was the first person to be banned from the forum where I now support CCGV(trad). You can look at the post he made in the CCGV(trad) Contribution here to see why he got banned - which also justifies to me the reason for moving support for it.

Vger

I'm not sure if you were replying to me by saying "Read my post on the page before this." Vger or "someone else", can you clarify? I'm on page 98, looking for the answer...

Hi,

I'm installing CCGV(trad) and I want to make sure I am understanding correctly.

I don't have to worry about the List of files to be edited if I haven't modified my installation of oscommerce right? I can just upload all of the List of new files?

I'm working on multiple stores with multiple problems.

this is an exceptionally large thread, which is very difficult to read completely through, so i figure ill just ask my question.

is there a way for customers to enter their own gift voucher amount? rather than having me create all these variations?

How much would you like your gift voucher to be?

***customer enters $20*******

***customer clicks buy now********

a voucher for that amount is created.

is there a way to do this?