• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

You didn't install the includes/affiliate_application_top.php files - because that's where the tables are defined and not in the standard includes/database_tables.php files. Or it could be that you missed out an 'include' for affiliate_application_top.php

Vger

Edited by Vger

Thanks Vger

I missed this in application_top

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php');

I am getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: count_contents_virtual() in /catalog/checkout_payment.php on line 84

If I comment line 84 out CCGV appears to work fine.

$total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); //CCGV

Is this line only required if I am selling gift vouchers so to not charge shipping?

What did I miss where?

I have compared all my files and yours with Beyond Compare and copied all CCGV references into my files.

Thanks again for all your help! I really appreciate it.

I'm sorry, but it's not possible to guess at what you may or may not have left out or done wrong as part of the install.

You need to go back over every part of it very carefully.

With contribution installs it's definitely a case of "more haste, less speed" and people are usually in too much of a rush and end up messing up the install.

Vger

Hi all, Hi Vger,

First of all, I hope that my bad english, won't deserve me too much.... :'(

I'm running CCGV(trad) v1.2, and I'm wondering the problem I'm facing could be resolved easily.

In the checkout process, I pass the 1st step checkout_shipping ----- ok

then came the 2nd step, checkout_payment

here I've got my cart and just behind I've got the possibility to use my credit (gv)

or redeem a gv

or enter a coupon code

and here is my problem :

if I decide to use a coupon, I enter the coupon code click validate

the form is posted, and I came to the 3rd step checkout_confirmation ----- that's the problem

because if I want to use my gv credit, I have to go back and check the box !!!

easier the process is, better is the sales turnover.

So my question is, is it the normal behaviour ?

If yes, is there any way to make it all stay on checkout_payment and only go to checkout_confirmation when I click the button.

Thanks in advance for your help,

The tick box appears when you redeem a Gift Voucher and you have to click to apply it to that sale. That is normal behaviour.

With a Discount Coupon you should not have to elect to apply it to that purchase, so if this is happening then there is something wrong with your installation.

Vger

Hi all, Hi Vger,

First of all, I hope that my bad english, won't deserve me too much.... :'(

I'm running CCGV(trad) v1.2, and I'm wondering the problem I'm facing could be resolved easily.

In the checkout process, I pass the 1st step checkout_shipping ----- ok

then came the 2nd step, checkout_payment

here I've got my cart and just behind I've got the possibility to use my credit (gv)

or redeem a gv

or enter a coupon code

and here is my problem :

if I decide to use a coupon, I enter the coupon code click validate

the form is posted, and I came to the 3rd step checkout_confirmation ----- that's the problem

because if I want to use my gv credit, I have to go back and check the box !!!

easier the process is, better is the sales turnover.

So my question is, is it the normal behaviour ?

If yes, is there any way to make it all stay on checkout_payment and only go to checkout_confirmation when I click the button.

Thanks in advance for your help,

It sounds like you still have the redeem button. I would upgrade to vgers latest version which removes that button. I find it a lot less confusing. Now, if you want to use a voucher you click the box (which should only show if you have a gift voucher credit) and if you want to enter a coupon, just place the code in the box and click the continue button. They can be done at the same time without going back.

Good luck

Edited by candleman

Currently running 76 contibutions.

I'm glad that JP is finding the new layout less confusing - that was the whole idea behind removing the Redeem button from Discount Coupons - that and removing the error which was generated when someone clicked the Redeem button without having selected a payment option.

Vger

I'm glad that JP is finding the new layout less confusing - that was the whole idea behind removing the Redeem button from Discount Coupons - that and removing the error which was generated when someone clicked the Redeem button without having selected a payment option.

Vger

Can you please post a screenshot of the new layout ?

It will decide me to upgrade or not..... :-"

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

Ive installed this fantastic mod and i have a couple of questions.

If i dont have a gift voucher balance the checkbox will not appear which is great but the title next to the checkbox stays there. Any way to get rid of this when the checkbox isnt there only??

Also i dont recieve any error messages when a wrong code is inputted or the coupon has been used too many times, etc

Thanks for your help

Chris

The box with which to input either a Gift Voucher or Discount Coupon code is there - so that customers can input a code. The tick box only appears when a Gift Voucher is available for use on a purchase.

The appearance of the error message is a server specific thing. It should, and in most cases does, appear on the page in a long and narrow box close to the top of the page, but with some servers it only appears in the address bar. This is to do with the settings for error reporting on your server and nothing to do with CCGV(trad) itself.

Vger

hi vger,

excellent contribution. i installed n works fine.

just got 1 quick question, i using the latest paypal ipn2.2 also.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/

do i need to run the following (taken from your ccgv_osCommerce Pay Pal IPN Fix.txt)?:

Code for combining PayPal IPN with CCGV(trad)

To combine the two contribs, open /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php.

Find this code:

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);

$order_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

and below add this:

$order_total_modules->update_credit_account($i);// CCGV

find this code:

//------insert customer choosen option eof ----

$total_weight += ($order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['weight']);

$total_tax += tep_calculate_tax($total_products_price, $products_tax) * $order->products[$i]['qty'];

$total_cost += $total_products_price;

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') = ' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";

}

and below add this:

$order_total_modules->apply_credit();// CCGV

find this code:

tep_session_unregister('cart_PayPal_IPN_ID');

and below add this:

CODE

if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');// CCGV

$order_total_modules->clear_posts();// CCGV

Yes, the Pay Pal IPN duplicates some of the functions of checkout_process, so you need to apply those edits to the Pay Pal IPN contribution to get it to work correctly with CCGV(trad).

Vger

I am having trouble getting the discount that I have setup to show once the information is transferred to my payment processor. On the final page in my store it shows the discount applied but once I see the payment page at plugnpay it shows the full price. Does anyone have any idea on what I need to do to get this to work. This is the last piece of the puzzle then I will be a happy camper! LOL

Thanks in advance!

jfreemom

It doesn't really help us that you don't say who your payment provider is?

Vger

On the final page in my store it shows the discount applied but once I see the payment page at plugnpay it shows the full price.

Sorry I just assumed that if anyone read the post that they would know it was PlugNPay.

Regards,

jfreemom

Some notes on an install...............

Hi all

I have been installing CCGV (Trad) this afternoon after previously installing CCGV 5.19 (don't ask) :lol:

Anyways - I've downloaded the latest package from the contributions site and I had to do a filecomp on the new files vs the CCGV 5.19 - whilst doing it I spotted the following in Line 98 of includes/classes/order_total.php

$header_string .= ' <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">' . "\n";

$output1_string .= ' <tr>' . "\n";

$header_string .= ' <td class="main"><b>' . TABLE_HEADING_CREDIT . '</b></td>' . "\n";

I think $output1_string should be $header_string?

Otherwise the installation went smoothly (as ever - thank you for the hard work) and it all seems to work apart from an error when emailing voucher from one customer to another. I was getting an error reported at includes/database.php at line 115 when I clicked the submit button in gv_send.php.

Checking the database tables showed that some data was being written but not all. Changing line 65 in gv_send.php from

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id($gv_query);

to

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();

as found here seemed to cure it - I don't know if that is an error in the code or down to the changes in the store I'm working on but it may help somebody out.

Once again thank you for a smooooth contribution.

graeme

Edited by sakwoya

Hi vger,

Any advice as to whether will it work for the latest version of paypal ipn?

I can't seem to locate where to add the below. Tried without much success:

"$order_total_modules->apply_credit();// CCGV"

Can u advise on this please?

many thanks

I am having trouble getting the discount that I have setup to show once the information is transferred to my payment processor. On the final page in my store it shows the discount applied but once I see the payment page at plugnpay it shows the full price. Does anyone have any idea on what I need to do to get this to work. This is the last piece of the puzzle then I will be a happy camper! LOL

Thanks in advance!

jfreemom

PlugNPay is my processor

Thanks in advance!

jfreemom