• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

I believed I have made a BOBO of my GCGV as after I made the change as shown under "List of files to be edited"

14. # catalog/includes/languages/english.php (EDIT) Add the following line to the end of the file just before the closing ?> tag

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_ccgvdc_english.php'); // CCGV

I now get this -

"Warning: main(includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/y/r/ongad/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 509

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/b/y/r/ongad/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 509"

Looks like you missed the step that tells you to add a statement to your application_top.php.

Warning: main(includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/y/r/ongad/html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 301

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/b/y/r/ongad/html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 301Warning: main(includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/y/r/ongad/html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 301

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/b/y/r/ongad/html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 301"

Check to make sure you uploaded the add_ccgvdc_english.php to your language directory in admin.

Currently running 76 contibutions.

My programmer installed this contribution last week and we have it working except for one little thing. I could really use some help since this contribution is very important.

The issues are this: when using a dollar amount off, it is taking the amount off aftertax instead of before. Also, when the percentage voucher is used it is taking the percentage off the total after tax as well.

We have tried changing the sort order, but the CCGV install button doesn't install and give an area to edit and therefore stays at the given number of 740 (close enough) so we made the tax, shipping etc come after. Example: 741, 742 etc.

Still have the same problem.

Is there a fix for this? I would love to start using this immediately. I love this contribution. Thank you Kristen

I know this has been asked a billion times, but I just want to be super-sure before I install the wrong paypal IPN contrib - the latest version that works with CCGV(trad) is terra's FIRST contrib (v1.2 For 2.2MS2 submitted 21 May 2006 ) or is there a more up-to-date version by terra that works as well?

Thanks,

-Jesse

Hello,

Ive installed this fantastic mod, but im not sure wether it my fault or its a bug, but none of the error messages are being displayed...

For example, when a coupon is entered wrong or when it has expired, etc

Any ideas on how to fix this

Regards

Chris

Hello,

Ive installed this fantastic mod, but im not sure wether it my fault or its a bug, but none of the error messages are being displayed...

For example, when a coupon is entered wrong or when it has expired, etc

Any ideas on how to fix this

Regards

Chris

I think you'll find that they are appended to the page address in the browser bar. This is either due to a server setting or to using the Simple Template System (which also causes this behaviour).

Vger

I think you'll find that they are appended to the page address in the browser bar. This is either due to a server setting or to using the Simple Template System (which also causes this behaviour).

Vger

Thanks, sorry i dont quite understand, any ideas??

I get all other error messages like when updating accounts, etc.

Regards

Chris

Vger

Thanks, sorry i dont quite understand, any ideas??

I get all other error messages like when updating accounts, etc.

Regards

Chris

Vger, Did you see my post #1783?? I really need some help. The discount and dollar amount are being taken after tax, and it needs to be before. We don't know where or how this can be fixed.

We can't add any additional contributions needed until this is working out correctly. We really would appreciate your help. Kristen

In your osCommerce admin panel --Modules --> Order Total

Vger

We have done that, and it still takes the discount and the dollar amount of the entire order including the shipping and tax, even when it is set just after order sub total.

Here is what it looks like:

Sub-Total: $29.98

CCGV Discount Coupons:nattestnot: -$3.66

Table Rate (Best Way): $4.00

WATAX 8.9%: $2.67

Total: $32.98

This is the discount sample, and it should be taking 10% which is 2.99

Is there someplace in one of the PHP files that we need to change to have it take the discount and dollar amount when that is used to come off the sub total not the order total??

Thank you for your time.

We have done that, and it still takes the discount and the dollar amount of the entire order including the shipping and tax, even when it is set just after order sub total.

Here is what it looks like:

This is the discount sample, and it should be taking 10% which is 2.99

Is there someplace in one of the PHP files that we need to change to have it take the discount and dollar amount when that is used to come off the sub total not the order total??

Thank you for your time.

Can you list Order Total values?

Mine, for instance, are

Sort Order Action

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers (-) 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 10

and work fine. The higher Discount coupons is in the sort is where it will apply the discount.

Iggy

Edited by Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Can you list Order Total values?

Mine, for instance, are

Sort Order Action

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers (-) 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 10

and work fine. The higher Discount coupons is in the sort is where it will apply the discount.

Iggy

Yes the Gift Voucher is 740 , and it does take the amount off, it just takes it off the TOTAL order after tax and shipping rather than before tax and shipping.

In the module to the right it has the Install button, but when clicked it doesn't install an edit. So I can't change the #740 to place it elsewhere, so we changed the placement of the tax, shipping, total etc around it. It still takes the discount off after the TOTAL amount.

This will solve the problem of the Order Total modules not updating:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry923577

Vger

Thank you for the link Vger. However, all of the order total values update just fine. The Voucher is set at 740, and that is the only one that we cant change the sort order on.

As I mentioned in this sample we have the sort order set to where we like it. I can place the CCGV to appear last, but the same issue is there. The disount/dollar amount still is taken from the total including the tax and shipping not after the subtotal amount.

The discount coupon should be 2.99 not 3.66

I see what you are getting at now - but you may not be correct.

Because Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers are 'virtual' products (no weight) then if they are used with products which have no weight, or if someone simply purchases a Gift Voucher (which has no weight) then there is no 'Shipping' address to send to (because 'virtual' products are not physically despatched anywhere). In this case the Billing address is used for Tax calculations in place of the Shipping address. This can have an effect with US based sites where tax is normally charged on the Shipping address, but it is unavoidable.

Why do you say that you cannot edit the sort order of 740? You should be able to edit it.

If I get the time I will soon release an update to CCGV(trad) which will address some issues, including Tax - and a few other things. It should make tax calculations a lot easier.

Vger

I see what you are getting at now - but you may not be correct.

Because Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers are 'virtual' products (no weight) then if they are used with products which have no weight, or if someone simply purchases a Gift Voucher (which has no weight) then there is no 'Shipping' address to send to (because 'virtual' products are not physically despatched anywhere). In this case the Billing address is used for Tax calculations in place of the Shipping address. This can have an effect with US based sites where tax is normally charged on the Shipping address, but it is unavoidable.

Why do you say that you cannot edit the sort order of 740? You should be able to edit it.

If I get the time I will soon release an update to CCGV(trad) which will address some issues, including Tax - and a few other things. It should make tax calculations a lot easier.

Vger

That would be great if you get the time to do that.

I may be using the wrong terminology here. I am using the CCGV coupon part not the voucher yet. We haven't worked on testing that part yet. The coupon is the sample I have been showing. They can't get to this part of the checkout without adding their shipping info

The install button on the right in the module that says install- when clicked does not install the box with editing info, that appears on the rest of the items ie: shipping, tax, sub total etc.

All the others are editable and work fine. Not sure why that is

Edited by Ksimmonds

You should not have a button with 'Install' next to the Discount Coupons - because that module is already installed. You should have buttons to edit and remove. It appears that you have not installed CCGV(trad) correctly, because it goes live (installed) as soon as you run the sql file that comes with the installation.

If you are not using CCGV(trad) but are using CCGV then please post in their support thread. The two contributions are markedly different.

Vger

CCGV(trad) Major Update

A major update to CCGV(trad) has been released here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4135

This is an update to my last packaging of CCGV(trad). It does not include any modifications supplied by others.

Unlike the original CCGV, which became a mess because of ill thought-out mods and updates, I am trying to keep this version clean - so please don't upload any more "updates" or "mods" to this contribution.

This update fixes tax calculation problems, removes the Redeem button from Checkout Payment for Discount Coupons (it's not necessary and causes errors if a payment method has not yet been selected), is updated to work with the latest version of osCommerce (August 2006) and contains a heavily rewritten User Guide. It also contains a PDF schematic about Tax Calculation and virtual/non-virtual products.

I have included much more information about how tax is calculated and provided practical examples of how it works with the maths.

Vger

Hi Vger

Did I miss something in the install like a define tables?

I am getting this error:

1146 - Table 'mydatabase.TABLE_COUPONS' doesn't exist

select coupon_id, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_minimum_order,uses_per_coupon, uses_per_user, restrict_to_products,restrict_to_categories from TABLE_COUPONS where coupon_code='ab12' and coupon_active='Y'

[TEP STOP]

I am installing this on a heavily modified OSC cart.

Thanks Alot!

If I define the tables in database_tables.php as below the errors go away. What did I do wrong

define('TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER', 'coupon_gv_customer');
define('TABLE_COUPONS', 'coupons');
define('TABLE_COUPON_REDEEM_TRACK','coupon_redeem_track');