• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Okay,

I'll have a look at this - but I have installed it with a default osCommerce (that is how I test it) and it works correctly.

However, I shall be publishing an update soon to deal with a separate tax issue and it may just end up solving your problem - but it won't be for few days yet.

Vger

I truly appreciated that.

I just installed yet another stock OSC, and this time I installed the CCGV(trad)1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9.zip version (October 2, 2006). And it handles the tax properly for physical products. I am very happy.

Reading the v 1.2 update notes, the only major change was to allow tax to be aplied to virtual products properly. I do not have to tax virtual products, so I assume it is safe to use the October 2 version. It also says there are "image definitions" changes. Would I be able to implement those without the new tax "fixes". What files do I need to edit to just get the benefit of the "image definitions"?

Thank you so much.

Cheers!

I installed Credit coupons en Gift Vouchers: CCVG (trad) v 1.2 http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4135

Entering a couponcode at checkout leaves a discount (modules/totalpayment).

The maker of the contrib. delivered a fix for Paypal IPN to charge the ordertotal minus discount. Works OK; but:

Previously I installed successfully the dutch iDEAL interface v 1.2.1. for electronic paymens.(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3759)

The ideal payment (idealm) however does not take over the discount in a net total amount. What/where to change the idealm contrib.?

If the payment module you are referring to either modifies checkout_process.php or if it duplicates any of the functions of checkout_process.php in its own code (as the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module does) then you will have to modify that payment module to work with CCGV(trad). I cannot offer any support for doing so.

Vger

If the payment module you are referring to either modifies checkout_process.php or if it duplicates any of the functions of checkout_process.php in its own code (as the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module does) then you will have to modify that payment module to work with CCGV(trad). I cannot offer any support for doing so.

Vger

Ok thanx. I checked and all was ok, everything was ok in checkout_process.php ; just needed to arrange ordertotal elements. Works very OK now!

Hi Rhea,

I have installed your version of this contribution and am glad to say I have it up and running first time round. I seem to only have one little hiccup in the workings of it. If I choose to email a gift voucher to a customer from Admin>Vouchers/Coupons>Mail Gift Voucher The email that the customer receives says: 'The Gift Voucher is worth 0'. When redeeming the gift voucher from the link provided in the email however the gift voucher does work correctly. It is only in the email sent out saying that it is worth 0. Do you have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Something similar is also happening in Coupon/Admin where I have created a coupon for $10. It works fine as well however from the admin section it displays as being worth 0 as well. That is in the 'Coupon Amount' column it appears as being '0'. It would appear that everything is working correctly but somewhere in the code it is not displaying its actual value. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

When this sort of thing happens it's usually a default English language currency problem. Is your default currency US Dollars, or Australian or Candian Dollars? If it's not US Dollars then you need to edit 'USD' in includes/languages/english.php

It can also happen if you delete all but one currency.

Vger

When this sort of thing happens it's usually a default English language currency problem. Is your default currency US Dollars, or Australian or Candian Dollars? If it's not US Dollars then you need to edit 'USD' in includes/languages/english.php

It can also happen if you delete all but one currency.

Vger

Hi Vger,

Thanks. I have an aussie store. I had changed my english.php to AUD already but hadnt ticked the box for AUD to be the default yet. It is all now displaying correctly.

Cheers.

Coupon line item and recalculated total not showing on checkout confirmation page until refreshed

This is a new issue not discussed elsewhere in the forum.

REGARDING: Coupon discount and calculation do not appear on the checkout confirmation page unless it is refreshed, at which point it shows and calculates correctly.

Can anyone suggest a solution that will display the coupon discount line item as well as the recalculated total on the initial loading of the checkout confirmation page?

I'm following up to my own earlier post, after receiving the following advice off-line from kgt

"...the session variable is not available when the order class is created."

Has anyone experienced this or perhaps just knows what "session variables" are required on the checkout_confirmation.php page to display and calculate the coupon? Everything else works just fine.

Any help or hints that would get me moving would be very appreciated.

Dominic

A couple of issues.

Is Paypal IPN Module 2.2 (2.1?) compatible with CCVG(trad) and is the fix still the same?

I have downloadable digital products. Right now when someone clicks through to Paypal, but abandons before paying, the download links are live.

How to fix?

Thank you,

RDBranson

In the next version of CCGV(trad) the Redeem button is simply going to be removed - there isn't actually a need for it.

Vger

I would like to remove the redeem button, but can't seem to track down the php file to do so. Is this something that I should be doing, or is it more than just a case of commenting out a line or two?

CCGV(trad) works with the earlier version of the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module (up to and including the first version by Terra), provided the fix is applied to the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module, but there is no fix for the latest versions of the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module.

In any event you should use Pay Pal in conjunction with the Downloads Controller contribution.

Vger

CCGV(trad) works with the earlier version of the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module (up to and including the first version by Terra), provided the fix is applied to the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module, but there is no fix for the latest versions of the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module.

In any event you should use Pay Pal in conjunction with the Downloads Controller contribution.

Vger

OK. Thank You.

What would cause the coupon amount to not display on the checkout confirmation page until the page is refreshed? When the page is refreshed the coupon amount displays and the total recalculates to the correct discounted total.

I would be grateful to receive any feedback or suggestions on the problem that has stalled me for several weeks now.

- dominict

I'm afraid I can't provide the answer to your problems, but I can say that it does appear to be either Browser or Server specific and not a problem with CCGV(trad) itself.

The difficulty I have is that if there is a problem with CCGV(trad) then I have to be able to replicate that to find out how to go about fixing it. When the problem is with CCGV(trad) then I can usually replicate it.

As only a few people have this problem I suspect it is either server or browser based.

Vger

I have downloaded and installed version 1.2 of CCGV (trad).

I have been running through some testing and have found the following issues. (I am not saying they are bugs, it could just be that I have configured something wrong)

My site is 2.2 MS2 and changed visually as well as several contributions added (including Easy Coupons which conflicts with CCGV (trad) ).

Easy Coupons conflict is due to the use of the same table name, to fix i change CCGV to use coupons_trad.

I have the system working well except for a few details

Of the testing issues Ifound number 1 is the one that impacts me the most. The others I can work around.

1) Cannot get recalculate tax and exclude shipping to work

- If I set the options to exclude shipping and exclude tax for the Discount Coupons, then the coupon amount will not show at all on the final order confirmation page.

- When I include shipping and tax in the calculation the coupons amounts display as expected

- I have tried each of the options individually and as long as one of the options is there the coupon amount shows, only when both are set does it disappear. The total amount is the amount with the coupon (so it isnt just a display issue it really is not calculating it)

Additionally I cannot get recalculate tax to work at all. Note I have only tested against the coupon configuration as opposed to vouchers.

2) If you select a free shipping coupon, the free shipping amount that gets applied is a pre-tax amount.

For example I chanage 5.33 plus 12.5% tax on my shipping - $6.00 in all

If I use a free shipping coupon - the discount is $5.33

And because recalculate tax doesn't work for me then the shipping tax is still included in the tax charged to the customer

3) I note that when a customer tries to use a coupon that is not valid for that item (ie: you have set valid only options for this coupon and the user is trying to use it on something that it doesnt cover), whilst this works, there is no warning message that shows on the final confirmation page that lets the user know that the coupon wasnt valid - not a biggy but is probably a bit confusing for the end user.

4) If you are selecting valid categories for a coupon, and your item is linked to more than one category - you must ensure that the primary category (or the first category the item was added to) is the one that you set the validity for.

ie: I have 2 categories Nike and T-shirts.

I have loaded a Nike T-shirt first into the T-Shirts category, and then i linked it to the Nike category as well.

If I make a coupon valid only for Nike category, and then apply the coupon to the Nike T-Shirt, the coupon will not be applied.

If I makethe coupon valid on T-Shirts, the coupon will be applied to the Nike T-Shirt.

It makes no difference if i have select just the T-shirt category as valid or both T-Shirt and Nike. Only the validity on T-Shirt category is effective.

5) This is just a comment as it is not really an issue for CCGV (trad) but you might like to know it, I have installed the free shipping w/ amount contribution. When a person applies a voucher or uses a coupon this doesnt impact their free shipping amount for example:

I have free shipping over $100.

A person has $120 in their shopping cart and therefore is eligible for free shipping

But they use a discount voucher of $30 and now they are only paying $90 for their goods - would the shop owner still want to give them free shipping? Personally I will give them free shipping anyway, but for some others it might be an issues.

Again this one is just an observation as I see the problem is in the free shipping contribution not CCGV.

Hopefully other people have seen similar and there are fixes already - please excuse if there are already threads on these I did search first before I posted my questions.

regards

Mandi

This post will not be as long.

I would like to not only control the category or the product that a coupon is valid for but also the zone.

For example I would like to provide a coupon only for international customers (those outside of New Zealand).

Has anyone done this ?

I think that I would do it liek this

- in the code that checks validity and add a look up on shipping zone and not allow the coupon.

thanks

Mandi

please note i have an older version of ccgv installed on my store.

also i am refering to coupon code and not a gift voucher.

I have a need to modify a successful check out to see if a coupon code was used for the purchase. I then need to take the total order amount from the order and subract this from the coupon amount.

if the coupon code is less then the coupon amount, then I will leave the amount left for that coupon available in the db.

for example: order is $500.00 , and coupon is for $1000.00

$1000.00 - $500.00 , then coupon value becomes $500.00.

if anyone knows if these variables are available on checkout_success It would be very helpful to let me know them. also if they are not available on the the success page, then how would i pass them?

thanks so much for help.

please note i have an older version of ccgv installed on my store.

also i am refering to coupon code and not a gift voucher.

I have a need to modify a successful check out to see if a coupon code was used for the purchase. I then need to take the total order amount from the order and subract this from the coupon amount.

if the coupon code is less then the coupon amount, then I will leave the amount left for that coupon available in the db.

for example: order is $500.00 , and coupon is for $1000.00

$1000.00 - $500.00 , then coupon value becomes $500.00.

if anyone knows if these variables are available on checkout_success It would be very helpful to let me know them. also if they are not available on the the success page, then how would i pass them?

thanks so much for help.