• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Vger,

I have been testing your contrib. Love it! Thanks!

I have an issue that occurs after sending a Gift Voucher by email from a logged in account. After sending the email, it goes to a confirmation page, but instead of "Success!" or something like that, it outputs "gv" followed by the redemption code that is sent to the friend by email and that is it - nothing else. Any ideas?

Scott

Thanks for the contribution! I have installed and working smoothly except for a small problem that I can't seem to figure out on with my limited php skills... since installing CCGV all orders are taxed on the billing address not the shipping address.

I see in includes/classes/orders.php the edited line

$tax_address_query = ...... (($this->content_type == 'virtual' || 'virtual_weight') ? $billto : $sendto) . "'");

but I see no content_type == 'physical'

Any help so that physical orders are taxed on the $sendto would be appreciated.

Taxes are normally paid on the Billing Address.

The reason for this is that taxes are levied upon the State or Country they are bought in and not the State or Country they are being shipped to if that is different.

This means that if you:

a]. Live in Texas and buy goods in Texas for shipment to Virginia you pay Texas State Tax at 8.25%

b]. If you live in Virginia but buy goods from Texas to ship to an address in Texas you don't pay Texas State Tax.

That line that you refer to is only for, and only affects, the virtual and virtual_weights classes and not 'physical' or 'mixed' - which remain set to their defaults.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Taxes are normally paid on the Billing Address.

The reason for this is that taxes are levied upon the State or Country they are bought in and not the State or Country they are being shipped to if that is different.

This means that if you:

a]. Live in Texas and buy goods in Texas for shipment to Virginia you pay Texas State Tax at 8.25%

b]. If you live in Virginia but buy goods from Texas to ship to an address in Texas you don't pay Texas State Tax.

That line that you refer to is only for, and only affects, the virtual and virtual_weights classes and not 'physical' or 'mixed' - which remain set to their defaults.

Vger

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll pass this along to my client although they swear tax was charged on shipping address prior to the installation. But they've been wrong before...

Has anyone here got CCGV going with Register Globals ON?

Cheers

Susan

Yes, I have it working except for the problem I mentioned above with Register Globals ON. I just followed the instructions and triple checked them because there were so many changes.

BTW, does anyone even know where to point me to look for the problem I mentioned above?

Here it is again:

I have an issue that occurs after sending a Gift Voucher by email from a logged in account. After sending the email, it goes to a confirmation page, but instead of "Success!" or something like that, it outputs "gv" followed by the redemption code that is sent to the friend by email and that is it - nothing else. Any ideas?

Scott

Good to hear you have CCGV going with Register Globals on. Darned if I can get it right. I have installed this several times to the letter. I admit that the first time there were a few config issues I'd overlooked. Since then though I feel I have installed it to the letter - several times now - DOH! After 30+ years in IT I hope I can follow instructions - even complex ones. Plus I have some pretty good software tools to help me such as kdiff.

BTW, my host has now turn Register Globals back on I discovered yesterday. Turning it off probably broke too many web sites. They were true to form - they didn't advise when Register Globals was turned off, so naturally after I have made lots of changes to accommodate that, they then turn it back on, also without advising any web site admins! :angry:

After researching the Register Globals issue I am now removing the Register Globals patches and re-adapting my code to having Register Globals ON. Then I will retry CCGV again. Having reviewed the base code plus contributions I'm using, I'm happy that there are no potential exploits available with Register Globals ON.

Now, how long has it taken to reach this point? Lucky I'm not paying myself much :)

Sigh - welcome to the world of cheap hosting and Open Source! :lol:

Cheers

Susan

Yes, I have it working except for the problem I mentioned above with Register Globals ON. I just followed the instructions and triple checked them because there were so many changes.

BTW, does anyone even know where to point me to look for the problem I mentioned above?

Here it is again:

Scott

Ooops - I'm getting my on and off mixed. (That's what you get for posting late at night)

I have had Register Globals OFF (more secure) and I can't get CCGV going properly. I was wondering if anyone had CCGV going with Register Globals OFF.

I am now turning it back ON, removing the patches and retrying CCGV.

I'm not blond I promise!

Hey - I'm getting a problem with CCGV (trad) - wonder if anyone can help? Basically this module is working perfectly *except* when the coupon amount is set to be a percentage and the Valid Category/Product List has a value.

By not working I mean the "Discount Coupons: MYCODE: -10%" is not displaying on checkout_confirmation and the amount is not being subtracted in anyway from the totals.

If the valid cat/product fields are blank, or I change the code to a dollar amount - the coupon works fine and shows up.

My client wanted to add a 10% discount to his Apparel category and noticed the discount wasn't displaying when he redeemed the new code on some Apparel items.

Any ideas?

thanks

Edited by jasonabc

As an addition to my above post - I see Vger released a patch late last year which seems to address this:

"fixes a bug which stopped CCGV working when products with attributes were targeted with discount coupons based on percentage discounts"

Not sure if this fixes the Valid Product/Category list problem - will apply the patch and post back.

Edited by jasonabc

Good to hear you have CCGV going with Register Globals on. Darned if I can get it right.
I can't understand the problem here.

It is supposed to work with globals turned on. I can't believe the number of questions regarding global settings because they haven't been an issue with CCGV(trad) before - so the only conclusion has to be specifically related to either your files or your server.

Good luck in finding a solution.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I am having the following problem with the CCGV v1.2 contribution posted 18 NOV 2006.

During checkout payment process and the GV amount is enough to cover the purchase of product order total example.

Subtotal $366.00

Shipping $12.00

Gift Voucher $376.00

Total $0.00

It is requiring that I put in Credit card info in Payment Module (linkpoint). If I do not fill out the Credit Card info I get error because of missing CC info. Is there a way so that when your Gift Voucher covers your cost of your product that the Credit card info is not needed to continue.

Anyone that can help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll pass this along to my client although they swear tax was charged on shipping address prior to the installation. But they've been wrong before...

In Ohio, the tax is based on the delivery address.

Could anyone confirm that the pagination for coupn tracking is working?

I have a page that should show up pagination links because I have more than 60 rows of redeemed coupons (I can see them in myphpadmin, they are in the database and would be retreived correctly by the query taken from the php page) the pages links are just not there, my page just displays 21 records (which is the maximum that I set for the search results in the maximum values)

I even uploaded the lastet version of coupons_admin.php, didn't seem to do the trick

Thank you for your feedback on this!

Hi there,

First of all, thankyou for a great contribution! All is good except... I'm having a problem with gv_send.php. I can successfully buy a gift voucher, release it from admin, and have it appear in the customer's balance as displayed in the shopping cart box.

When I click the "Send gift voucher" link, it goes to gv_send.php, which prompts for a name, email address and amount.

No matter what I put here, I end up with the same page being reloaded, with "Invalid email address" and "Invalid amount" next to the two fields:

error.JPG

I'm pretty sure I've followed all the instructions correctly, and every other component seems to work. But it's as if the system just isn't passing this vital information back from the form to gv_send.php.

I hope this makes sense. I can provide a link and login details if you want to see for yourself.

Thanks in advance,

Max

Remove the Redeem button. It's not necessary, confuses people, and causes a payment error if people click it without first selecting a payment method. It will be removed form the next release of CCGV(trad) anyway.

Vger

thanks Vger...this i've done and i do think it is less confusing. i commented out the following code in both ot_coupon.php and ot_gv.php files in the order_total directory:

//		$image_submit = tep_image_submit('button_redeem.gif', IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER, 'name="submit_redeem" onClick="submitFunction()"');

let me know if this in incorrect or if i need to do something more.

thanks again!

Edited by surfinagain

The redeem option is not displayed during checkout

According to Gift Voucher FAQ, the redeem option is presented during checkout. I have installed the CCGV (trad) and during checkout (in checkout_payment.php), there is no redeem option. Isn't it supposed to be there or have I missed something.

Please help.

If the Redeem option is not displayed on the checkout_payment.php page then you either haven't installed CCGV(trad) correctly, or else you haven't followed the User Guide which tells you how to use it once installed.

Vger

I'm pretty sure I've followed all the instructions correctly, and every other component seems to work. But it's as if the system just isn't passing this vital information back from the form to gv_send.php.
I really don't know what to say... the gv_send.php file is only available from the CCGV or CCGV(trad) contributions, therefore it is highly unlikely you have edited any code to it, so with all the other files needed to text-diff and so on, I haven't a clue which way to guide you except that if you have edited the gv_send.php file in any way - you should re-add the original one and see what happens.

Failing that it is safe to say that the contribution is not at fault here so it is a server related error or human error on your part. Maybe you should re-trace all your steps starting with re-adding the backed up files and starting again.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Is there a way to make the checkout process circumvent the other payment methods if the coupon the user is using is worth more than the amount of goods he's trying to purchase?

For instance, if i type in a gv code that has $90 on it and try to buy an item that costs $40 it still won't let me checkout until i enter my credit card info. It also will not let me buy the item with the gift certificate if the credit card number is invalid. Is it the default setting to still require a form of payment when using gift vouchers?

I thought this line in checkoutprocess.php was the fix to that, but apparently not:

if ($credit_covers) $payment=''; //ICW added for CREDIT CLASS

Should I note that i have altered my checkoutprocess.php to work for authorize.net, per vger's example code in a previous post.

It also will not let me buy the item with the gift certificate if the credit card number is invalid. Is it the default setting to still require a form of payment when using gift vouchers?
In that case you are telling your customers that if they have $100 in their gift voucher balance they cannot checkout from your store even though their total purchase may be only $5 - unless they also pay part of it with a credit card?

No offence but that will mean very unhappy customers. I can see there maybe a case to have it set up the way you want but in my opinion it is a bad move.

CHOOCH