• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

I am launching a reworking of CCGV (Credit Class & Gift Vouchers) today, which harks back to an older version with various bug fixes and security patches applied. It also includes additional features:

1. The ability to Delete gift vouchers in the Gift Voucher Queue from within osCommerce admin - for when customers don't follow up with payment.

2. Queue Gift Vouchers is no longer optional - all vouchers are queued.

3. The ability for customers to view their Gift Voucher Balance within their Account page and to send Gift Vouchers from that page.

Please don't posts support requests for other versions of CCGV to this thread - they won't be answered!

The contribution is available here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4135

Rhea (Vger)

Edited by Vger

Below I have your instructions for install. The SQL is easy, but what folders to I put where for the rest of the install. Thank You so much!!

Matt

Install Instructions & Guidelines

This version of CCGV is being provided entirely separate from the long list of CCGV versions available via Contributions

on the osCommerce website. It is described as CCGV(trad) for 'traditional' and harks back to earlier versions of the

CCGV contribution - with certain added features. Those features are:

(a). Some security fixes

(B). Ability to delete queued Gift Vouchers from within osCommerce admin

©. Ability to view Gift Voucher balance in My Account, and send Gift Voucher from there

(d). All Gift Vouchers are now queued for release (not optional), for security reasons

Why provide this version? For the following reasons:

(1). Many people are having trouble getting the later versions to work on their modified websites.

(2). There is now no Contribution Support thread for the other versions.

(3). There are no manual install instructions to allow people to install later versions on modified osCommerce websites

(4). Many people are confused as to which version, with which bug fixes/patches, they should install.

(5) This version is for install on the updated version of osCommerce 2.2 MS2 (November 2005)

(6) If you use an earlier version of osCommerce MS2 and it has been modified then please update your site

first - using the osCommerce 2.2 MS2 update file enclosed within the Update folder of this contribution.

(7). If you are using an earlier version of MS2 and it has not been modified then download and install the

updated MS2 file set from this location: http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads

Hi Rhea,

I am in the process of installing your contrib (you put it live about 6 hours before I was going to start the dreaded CCGV) and apart from PWA contrib already installed causing a little confusion I have reached the first file (88) where I need to add DIR_WS_LANGUAGES but I have found that this is already defined in the centre shop control contribution that I have added..

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'center_shop.php');

Do I need to change yours slightly and if so have I missed any entries prior to this point.

Thanks,

Andy

In my humble opinion - I just don't see why people install Center Shop, when they could install my Fixed Width Site With CSS. Lots less hassle, works better, cross browser support, no need to play with database.

My advice - uninstall Center Shop, install my contribution (link below). Then there'll be no conflict with CCGV.

Vger

All hail Rhea! CCGV really turned into a mess with no one in charge of development. I'm very tempted to rebuild my store to implement this version.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

That was one of my reasons for releasing it entirely separate from the other CCGV downloads. This version goes back to the working 5.10c, with security updates and fixes, plus added extras of my own.

One of the things that people have asked for over a long period is the ability to delete gift vouchers from the queueing system, from within osC admin. They've got that now.

Vger

Coupons are working great. Vouchers are except for shipping. When I enable download I get

"Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /home/site/public_htmldownload/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid."

When downloads are not enabled it charges shipping.

I believe the path for downloads needs to be /home/site/public_html/download/ ; I just don't know where to fix that. Thanks!

You have your includes/configure.php file set up incorrectly. There is a thread in the Tips & Tricks Forum which deals with setting up your configure.php files correctly.

Vger

Hi Vger,

I was mainly after the discount coupon and have found a couple issues - on the payment info screen I have to click 'continue' before the credits available redeem box and button appears. This might be how it is supposed to be but thought I would check with you.

Also when I redeem the coupon the 'Coupon : more info' appears in the shopping cart box but when I try clicking on it, it appears not to do anything and returns the javascript error 'error on page' in the bottom left info bar. It must be something simple as when I put the path directly in to explorer it works.

I have tried the gift voucher enabled but no virtual ones at the moment. I tried the email route. It emailed it okay and gave a code but when I went to the site from the email it redeemed it, showed the amount in the shopping cart but when I tried to enter the redeem code it said 'invalid coupon code'

I then tried emailing it on to another person and that all worked and issued a new code but again said 'invalid coupon code'

The gift vouchers appear in the 'gift vouchers sent' in admin but as yet am unable to redeem. Are they supposed to appear in the gift voucher queue for authorisation?

Also noticed a small spelling mistake to the text in catalog/includes/languages/english/gv_redeem.php 'gifr' instead of 'gift'

Thanks for a great contirb, the instructions for the new files and amendments were straight forward.

Andy

When you go to the site from a link in an email you've sent out, that link includes the redeem function - so it is redeemed as soon as you login. If you then try to redeem it again by entering a code then you will get an invalid coupon code error.

There has to be something wrong with your setup, or something you have not done as part of the install, because I have tested this every which way (both online installs and offline installs) and it all works fine.

Vger

When you go to the site from a link in an email you've sent out, that link includes the redeem function - so it is redeemed as soon as you login. If you then try to redeem it again by entering a code then you will get an invalid coupon code error.

There has to be something wrong with your setup, or something you have not done as part of the install, because I have tested this every which way (both online installs and offline installs) and it all works fine.

Vger

It does say congratulations you have redeemed the voucher when I click on the link from the email and displays the voucher and amount in the shopping cart but how do I actually spend it - I assumed I had to put the code into the redeem box at checkout in order to deduct the voucher amount from the purchase total.

Andy

Agh ...I think you missed the point of CCGV. People do not normally buy Gift Vouchers for themselves.

But if you have redeemed a Gift Voucher and it's in your account and you want to spend part or all of it on your own purchases then you just tick the box next to Redeem and then click Redeem.

Let's say you have a Gift Voucher for ?50 and you're buying something that costs ?25, with ?5 postage, then you do as above, your outstanding payment is nil and you have ?20 left in your account.

You can use that ?20 yourself or send it on to someone else.

Vger

Vger,

Forgive all the questions - I can get the popup window working for the coupon information but I had to remove the word 'coupon' from <a href="java script:couponpopupWindow

in the catalog\includes\boxes\shopping_cart.php is this okay or have I missed something somewhere on the install.

Andy

I'll take a look at that. There's a lot of the original CCGV code that I haven't touched. That may require looking at. I will be posting an update to CCGV(trad) anyway, to cure a problem between the original CCGV and Authorize Net AIM (and, for all I know, a lot of other payment modules).

Vger

Agh ...I think you missed the point of CCGV. People do not normally buy Gift Vouchers for themselves.

But if you have redeemed a Gift Voucher and it's in your account and you want to spend part or all of it on your own purchases then you just tick the box next to Redeem and then click Redeem.

Let's say you have a Gift Voucher for ?50 and you're buying something that costs ?25, with ?5 postage, then you do as above, your outstanding payment is nil and you have ?20 left in your account.

You can use that ?20 yourself or send it on to someone else.

Vger

I think I have some problems then as there is no box for me to tick. Also the little change to the javascript has now stopped working and giving me the same 'error on page'

I obviously have something wrong!

Andy

<a href="java script:couponpopupWindow

in the catalog\includes\boxes\shopping_cart.php is this okay or have I missed something somewhere on the install

That works fine.

You have gone to osC admin --> Modules --> Order Total and enabled both Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons?

Hi Vger

First and foremost, thanks for this release of the CCGV going back to the old days of 5.10 and patches.

That is precisely what I have installed on my site from the beginning... at least there are those that can go back to the old version with this forum.

By the looks of it, all I needed was the gv_send file because the old one was showing all of the vouchers on the SAME page, at least now it shows page by page like it supposed to....

just one thing, your coupon_admin file always shows '?' or other currency in the the right hand box even if say for example 12% was chosen.. it would show ?12

I really appreciate your work but would like to make some suggestions:

i) maybe you could combine your coupon admin with the ROLL UP 3 from molafish on the CCGV thread. The only reason for that are the status green/red buttons AND a better layout to the right i think

ii) maybe you could add the 'are you sure you want to delete' double-checker in the gv_queue instead of immediate delete

Its really nice for someone to actually take the CCGV 5.10 version onwards..

Thanks Again Rhea

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I am continuing to develop this, and there is still a problem with redeeming a gift voucher when it is sent to the customer from within 'admin'.

I will also look at incorporating a 'Confirm Deletion' button on the GV Queue page.

Vger

Hi

Thanks for creating contributions i have installed it and recieve this error in /admin

RIES_NAME', 'Category Name'); ?>

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/kickassc/public_html/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php:25) in /home/kickassc/public_html/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 25

If you could tell me how to fix this it would be great thanks

I am continuing to develop this, and there is still a problem with redeeming a gift voucher when it is sent to the customer from within 'admin'.

strange... what problem are you refering to? I never had a problem using the GV SEND fle in admin

I haven't had a problem before and I use 5.10+ patches

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I thought it was configure.php, but could not get it fixed. :angry:

After a couple of tries I got it.

I found that my changes were not getting saved due to permissions not being set on server. :blush:

I changed them, fixed directory and presto!!! :D

You haven't installed it correctly, and need to go back over the install.

Vger

Hi

Thanks for creating contributions i have installed it and recieve this error in /admin

RIES_NAME', 'Category Name'); ?>

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/kickassc/public_html/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php:25) in /home/kickassc/public_html/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 25

If you could tell me how to fix this it would be great thanks