Customer Private Messages

custodian

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for great contribution,

After i apply in my site, then in admin side if i open customer.php, then appear :

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in c:\apache\htdocs\oscommerce22\admin\customers.php on line 762

How to fix that..?

I'm sory because my english is bad, i'm indonesian

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Great contribution! I am having one slight problem which I have not been able to figure out. In admin section in the right column reads...

Private Customer Messages:

with nothing next to it even when there is a message posted for the customer. Additionally, if I click to edit a customer's info, any private message that I previously placed there is gone. If do not make any changes for the customer, it remains saved in the customer's account except that I cannot see it in admin anywhere. The customer has no problem with deleting it, and I can delete it if I want to by simply clicking to update the customer's info, leaving the text area blank.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Hello,

Great contribution! I am having one slight problem which I have not been able to figure out. In admin section in the right column reads...

Private Customer Messages:

with nothing next to it even when there is a message posted for the customer. Additionally, if I click to edit a customer's info, any private message that I previously placed there is gone. If do not make any changes for the customer, it remains saved in the customer's account except that I cannot see it in admin anywhere. The customer has no problem with deleting it, and I can delete it if I want to by simply clicking to update the customer's info, leaving the text area blank.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I figured it out now.

• 1 year later...

yes.. i agree with you... it would be a brilliant way to get customer return to the site. B)

you can do that with MailBeez Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns (5min installation):

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7425

you would just need to build your own MailBeez Module which picks up a trigger-situation from the database

• 1 month later...

I have this add on installed and it works great. But and I may be missing something, I cannot get the message to extend downward or word wrap. Should it do that at all and if not can that be added. I am ok with HTML but PHP muddy's the waters for me.

jer37

I have this add on installed and it works great. But and I may be missing something, I cannot get the message to extend downward or word wrap. Should it do that at all and if not can that be added. I am ok with HTML but PHP muddy's the waters for me.

jer37

Never mind, I figured it out.

When entering text in the message box I just add <br> after each line and

it creates the look I want.

Jer37

• 5 months later...

I have installed this contribution, it works perfectly, well almost.

When moving away from 'My Account' back to 'Home', I become instantly logged off, requiring that I log on again if I want to continue with whatever I want to do.

How can I solve this?

Surprisingly, when I copy my store to another directory, I don't have this problem

Thanks in advance for any help

Felix

I have installed this contribution, it works perfectly, well almost.

When moving away from 'My Account' back to 'Home', I become instantly logged off, requiring that I log on again if I want to continue with whatever I want to do.

How can I solve this?

Surprisingly, when I copy my store to another directory, I don't have this problem

Thanks in advance for any help

Felix

I saw a fix for this posted earlier on in this thread...I think it was on the 2nd page but I'm not sure...have a look, it's not a long thread to look through...dan

• 10 months later...

right guys ive just installed this works fine except when the customer logs in it doesnt redirect to their account.

everything else works. what part of the code is for the redirect?

right think ive found it

in the login.php file

find this line of code:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

change it to

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT));

it works wanyway.