• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PAYPAL URGENT HELP

pdutton

I Have an urgent problem with Paypal.

My customers select to pay by paypal and the transaction goes through ok, but there is no record of the order in the shop. The items are in the customers basket but the order never gets confirmed. We only find out about the order when we receive and email from paypal telling us we have received payment.

If the customer selects to pay be check then all is ok.

We are using SSL encryption

HELP !!

I think alot of people have had this problem and I have not seen any solution to it. I have several websites and have this same problem on all of them.

It should be noted that it was fine until the January 1st of this year. That is when the orders stopped showing up. I had to add an extra order confirmation email to be sent to me so I know what they bought. Pay Pal has changed something and no one seems to know what it is.

Would love to find the answer though.

ANYONE help.

I Have an urgent problem with Paypal.

My customers select to pay by paypal and the transaction goes through ok, but there is no record of the order in the shop. The items are in the customers basket but the order never gets confirmed. We only find out about the order when we receive and email from paypal telling us we have received payment.

If the customer selects to pay be check then all is ok.

We are using SSL encryption

HELP !!

The problem is caused by the customer not clicking on continue and coming back to your store for the order to finish processing. The best solution is to install the paypal ipn contribution and it will record the order before they leave your site and go to paypal. If you only accept paypal for one site they you can also set the customer to automatically come back to your order_process.php page.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

If you only accept paypal for one site they you can also set the customer to automatically come back to your order_process.php page.

Is this set in Paypal or OSC? I assume there an option to do this somewhere but I don't know where to look. I'd grateful if you can point me in the right direction.

TIA

Is this set in Paypal or OSC? I assume there an option to do this somewhere but I don't know where to look. I'd grateful if you can point me in the right direction.

TIA

That is why there are Paypal IPN contributions.

That is why there are Paypal IPN contributions.

Thanks. I discovered that after I had asked here. Half the battle is knowing what to search for. :-"

Thanks. I discovered that after I had asked here. Half the battle is knowing what to search for. :-"

You will also need to set up your paypal account to return to your store, amongst other things.

The problem is caused by the customer not clicking on continue and coming back to your store for the order to finish processing. The best solution is to install the paypal ipn contribution and it will record the order before they leave your site and go to paypal. If you only accept paypal for one site they you can also set the customer to automatically come back to your order_process.php page.

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problems as the person who started this thread. How do you install paypal to contribution?

On my shop we're only accepting Paypal, so how do you set the customer to come back to the "order_process.php" page?

If anyone can help asap, that would be really appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problems as the person who started this thread. How do you install paypal to contribution?

On my shop we're only accepting Paypal, so how do you set the customer to come back to the "order_process.php" page?

If anyone can help asap, that would be really appreciated

Thanks

If you mean how do you install PayPal IPN, select one of the PayPal_IPN contributions and follow the install instuctions. I would suggest that you read the support threads for each before you choose to install a particular contribution.

If you mean that you have a PayPal_IPN installed, and how do you come back to the order_process.php page (although I do not know where this page is and do not think that it exists), you specify this and other settings in your profile at paypal.com where you have created an account that suits you.

Most people come back to the checkout_success.php page.

Hrm. >_< Same problem. :'( No contribution, but you can log into my store, place an order and the TOTAL gets sent to Payal (I have my paypal set to add the shipping based on transaction amount so it gets added at Paypal...) and you can send me money for the purchase. It completes, sends me the money, the customer gets sent back to their shopping cart at my store, BUT their cart is still FULL and you can go right back through then entire check out again. MY SITE acts like they never went to PayPal and paid. and then there's the problem with the actual order not showing up anywhere...

I don't want to pay the $20 per month for PRO. I just have the plain ol' you can send me money at my business/personal PayPal account. I have a website that's a side project really - a "it'll be nice if people can just browse my site and send me money for products I'll send them" type of webpage. I'm not expecting thousands or even hundreds of dollars from this so I don't want to invest in paying all sorts of monthly fees. I think there's a lot of people out there like me that just want a step-by-step here's what you do to set up your OSCommerce website and paying with Paypal. We've got some basic knowledge of what to do but it's hard when you're not a delevoper and don't know why something that should be simple isn't working right. It's frustrating.

IPN requires certificates and all this junk that I don't get. I've read through all sorts of contributions for Paypal, tried most of them, and end up restoring the original because either PayPal gives me an error or I don't have the correct information to send to PayPal because I have to pay for something it seems. Maybe I'm confused (which is most likely the case) but I don't think the IPN thing works with just the standard PayPal account. I've been reading through the PayPal help for IPN (I got there through my PayPal account, contact us at the bottom, in the help center, under Sellers Tools, under Payments, in the IPN folder) and I'm still confused at how this would work with OSCommerce.

I did find a contribution to add a warning to the PayPal payment option here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...1/search,paypal

And another contribution to add a return to your website after you pay with Paypal:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...1/search,paypal

but I don't know if that fixes the cart still being full problem. I haven't tried that yet.

I have a feeling that most of my problems between my oscommerce site and Paypal, are coming from my settings within the PayPal site. But I could be wrong.

Could someone who's got this fixed post a solution of what you did? I'd love to see a "step one from fresh installation - install this contribution in your admin modules for paypal, enter this information, go in and edit this page located here, and there you go." Not just try installing another contribution... Maybe it's already out there but I (and obviously others) have missed it. Heck, If I get this to work with my standard Paypal account and my website, you better believe I'll be posting one!

*grumble* I go making this really long post, ranting and raving... restore the original paypal.php again... try the two contributions I listed above :-" ... try buying something from my site again....

And wouldn't you know it! :P It actually worked. :D

So, for those of you with a basic PayPal account:

1. Install the PayPal payment module through your admin account

2. In Configurations for your store, you MUST enter an email address for "Send Extra Order Emails To"

3. Add the additional message to your customers that they should return to your site. (See contribution 1 above) Save & Upload.

4. However it is that you edit, Edit catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php. Add the extra line for returning to your page. (See 2nd contribution above) Save & Upload.

5. In your Paypal account, under My Account/Profile, you can set to be notified when you receive a payment.

K, so when a new customer orders, you get an email notifying of the items they ordered and you get another email from PayPal stating the total amount of money you received.

That solved my problem. Sort of...

It still doesn't solve the 'what if they don't click return to vendor?' problem... *sigh* and I'm still not getting the orders in my database, I get an email, but no record of the order when I look in admin. Bah! Off to do some more research on that now! *grumble*

*grumble* I go making this really long post, ranting and raving... restore the original paypal.php again... try the two contributions I listed above :-" ... try buying something from my site again....

And wouldn't you know it! :P It actually worked. :D

So, for those of you with a basic PayPal account:

1. Install the PayPal payment module through your admin account

2. In Configurations for your store, you MUST enter an email address for "Send Extra Order Emails To"

3. Add the additional message to your customers that they should return to your site. (See contribution 1 above) Save & Upload.

4. However it is that you edit, Edit catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php. Add the extra line for returning to your page. (See 2nd contribution above) Save & Upload.

5. In your Paypal account, under My Account/Profile, you can set to be notified when you receive a payment.

K, so when a new customer orders, you get an email notifying of the items they ordered and you get another email from PayPal stating the total amount of money you received.

That solved my problem. Sort of...

It still doesn't solve the 'what if they don't click return to vendor?' problem... *sigh* and I'm still not getting the orders in my database, I get an email, but no record of the order when I look in admin. Bah! Off to do some more research on that now! *grumble*

I do not have your version of paypal installed, I use one of the paypal_ipn contribs. I do not have your problems, and it does not cost me anything apart from the normal paypal charges (cheaper than bank fees in Australia). I do not use IPN certificates. My customers do not have to click anything to return to my store.

If you installed your paypal contrib correctly, it should be putting the orders in the database. Was there an sql file that needed to be run (I don't know if yours did or not).

You should check the support thread for the paypal contribution that you are using.

I do not have your version of paypal installed, I use one of the paypal_ipn contribs. I do not have your problems, and it does not cost me anything apart from the normal paypal charges (cheaper than bank fees in Australia). I do not use IPN certificates. My customers do not have to click anything to return to my store.

If you installed your paypal contrib correctly, it should be putting the orders in the database. Was there an sql file that needed to be run (I don't know if yours did or not).

You should check the support thread for the paypal contribution that you are using.

I have found a much easier solution to the Paypal problem. check this is a 20 sec. fix

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,paypal+ipn

I worked on installing a Paypal IPN solution and gave up in frustration after an hour or so of debugging, fixing, and trying to install it over my other modifications on nearly every page of OSC. This fixed my problem... only thing is customers MUST press the Continue button at the end of the transaction. This both kicks off the payment and places the order with OSC. To me, the solution is good enough. If someone else can get an IPN to work properly with normal Paypal (no monthly fees, etc), let me know and I will try it out.

I have found a much easier solution to the Paypal problem. check this is a 20 sec. fix

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,paypal+ipn

I worked on installing a Paypal IPN solution and gave up in frustration after an hour or so of debugging, fixing, and trying to install it over my other modifications on nearly every page of OSC. This fixed my problem... only thing is customers MUST press the Continue button at the end of the transaction. This both kicks off the payment and places the order with OSC. To me, the solution is good enough. If someone else can get an IPN to work properly with normal Paypal (no monthly fees, etc), let me know and I will try it out.

Oh, you are using osC's standard PayPal module. Well, if you are happy with it and it is working, then leave it at that.

As I said earlier, I do not pay monthly fees to PayPal. I am using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

If you gave up in frustration after an hour or so of debugging, do not attempt a complex contribution. Some take weeks to get working.

You will also need to set up your paypal account to return to your store, amongst other things.

Hi Coopco, where is this in the paypal control panel? It's been a while since I used their IPN, things seemed to have changed a lot.

Cheers,

Matt.

-=[Ch3W]=-

Hi Coopco, where is this in the paypal control panel? It's been a while since I used their IPN, things seemed to have changed a lot.

Cheers,

Matt.

If you mean at paypal.com, it is under My Profile or similar. It is not called control panel.

If you mean in your OSC site, it is in admin modules payyment paypal or similar.

What version of PayPal IPN are you running. Ther are many. Great support is found by posting to the correct thread.

If you mean how do you install PayPal IPN, select one of the PayPal_IPN contributions and follow the install instuctions. I would suggest that you read the support threads for each before you choose to install a particular contribution.

If you mean that you have a PayPal_IPN installed, and how do you come back to the order_process.php page (although I do not know where this page is and do not think that it exists), you specify this and other settings in your profile at paypal.com where you have created an account that suits you.

Most people come back to the checkout_success.php page.

Cheerz mate