• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment method fee 2.1

garrone

Thanks for the contribution, but how to add %?

I added cc:1.95% but it added $2

I added cc:50% but it added $50

I want to added 1.95%

You have to use this form: cc:2:0.195

The first value (2) is a costant value ($ 2) the last is the % value, you have to divide by 100 1.95 -> 0.0195.

The script use the higher value.

To add more payment fees use a "," cc:2:0.195,cod:5:0.02

This version calculate taxes on subtotal of the order, I'm working on an improvement to let the script to calculate taxes on the total.

Giovanni Putignano

You have to use this form: cc:2:0.195

The first value (2) is a costant value ($ 2) the last is the % value, you have to divide by 100 1.95 -> 0.0195.

The script use the higher value.

To add more payment fees use a "," cc:2:0.195,cod:5:0.02

This version calculate taxes on subtotal of the order, I'm working on an improvement to let the script to calculate taxes on the total.

Very cool, thanks alot :) It solved my problem with different cart types :)

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the contrib

I am trying to get this to work with creloaded 6.15..

I can see the mod on the order total in admin, but I can not get it to show up during the check out process.

Any ideas?

I am only wanting to add $8.75 to cod orders.. and this is how I have it set up

cod:8.75:0.00

Hi Jason,

Same problem for me - I've currently got "paypal:0:0.04" in the admin module bit, but it's not showing up at the checkout when PayPal is chosen. I've also got fast easy checkout installed and am wondering if it has anything to do with that...

It doesn't work for me me either :( I use "cod:15,cc:0:0.04". This works good for the fixed value for COD but gives 0.00 for the Credit Card. It should result in 4%.

Furthermore, there should be different descriptions like "COD fees" and "CreditCard fees" so the customer understands what the amount means. Sorry I'm not that much into PHP so I don't know how to change the contrib to work as I need it to.

Thanks

Roger

It doesn't work for me me either :( I use "cod:15,cc:0:0.04". This works good for the fixed value for COD but gives 0.00 for the Credit Card. It should result in 4%.

Furthermore, there should be different descriptions like "COD fees" and "CreditCard fees" so the customer understands what the amount means. Sorry I'm not that much into PHP so I don't know how to change the contrib to work as I need it to.

Thanks

Roger

Ok, since this contribution doesn't work well and as it is the same like the old "fixed payment type charge" I have made a change to the original contrib to accept both a fixed value and a percentage from the total. You can find it here : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,251

It allows to enter either a fixed value or a percentage of the total payment, e.g.

cod:15,cc:%3.5

This example will add $15 to the total amount for COD or 3.5% of the total with Credit Card payment.

For an upgrade just copy the file /includes/modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_chg.php over the current one and andjust in the admin section of your shop.

- Roger, Switzerland

Ok, since this contribution doesn't work well and as it is the same like the old "fixed payment type charge" I have made a change to the original contrib to accept both a fixed value and a percentage from the total. You can find it here : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,251

It allows to enter either a fixed value or a percentage of the total payment, e.g.

This example will add $15 to the total amount for COD or 3.5% of the total with Credit Card payment.

For an upgrade just copy the file /includes/modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_chg.php over the current one and andjust in the admin section of your shop.

- Roger, Switzerland

Garrones update working very good...

You have to use it like this

cc:1.95:0.001,mastercard:1.95:0.005,netbank:1.95:0.003,cod:50

cc charges $1.95 and 0.10%

mastercard charges $1.95 and 0.50%

netbank charges $1.95 and 0.30%

cod charges $50

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

• 1 month later...
Garrones update working very good...

You have to use it like this

cc:1.95:0.001,mastercard:1.95:0.005,netbank:1.95:0.003,cod:50

cc charges $1.95 and 0.10%

mastercard charges $1.95 and 0.50%

netbank charges $1.95 and 0.30%

cod charges $50

Got this module working, but it doesnt seem to add the Fixed Payment Type Charge: value to the Total

Your thoughts

• 4 weeks later...

- Roger, Switzerland

I seem to have found a bug in both contributions. Payment type charge and payment method fee. I f there is a shipping cost, VAT is calculated correctly. If there is no shipping, i.e. free shipping, VAT is calculated on the original price and not the discounted price.

Is there a simple way to correct this like the patch for gift vouchers, or is it more complicated...

Regards

HRH S II

I seem to have found a bug in both contributions. Payment type charge and payment method fee. I f there is a shipping cost, VAT is calculated correctly. If there is no shipping, i.e. free shipping, VAT is calculated on the original price and not the discounted price.

Is there a simple way to correct this like the patch for gift vouchers, or is it more complicated...

Regards

HRH S II

Sorry my mistake, tax is always charged according to the total before the discount/fee, I have read somewhere that this is because tax is calculated whenever you buy something and is included in the price (if using display prices with tax), so it is not calculated at the final checkout pages. How do I fix this please?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

to make this contrib work i had to add two lines in ot_fixed_payment_chg.php

it proberly has to do with that i have no tax_class set. but this made it work.

just before the line :

if (MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TAX_CLASS > 0) {

add

$od_amount=$od_am;

you need to do this twice (for two functions)

grtx , arnold

• 5 months later...

having some trouble getting this contrib to work in conjunction with CCGV. have made the mods as described in install.txt and catalog/checkout_confirmation.php loads up without the COD charge that i've set in the admin area.

the contrib shows up fine under Modules > Order Total > Fixed Payment Type Charge. fee payment type is set to

cod:8.5:0

so that only COD orders get charged and it's a flat rate of 8.50 USD (what fedex charges us). however, this is not appearing on the checkout_confirmation page. after choosing "Cash on Delivery" the following shows up on the checkout_confirmation page:

Sub-Total: $60.00

Free Shipping: (Free Shipping (2-4 Days)): $0.00

state sales tax: $3.75

Total: $63.75

i have added so many contribs to this store that it would be hard to list them all. i have made the edits exactly as suggested and believe that this charge is getting washed out by some component of CCGV. clues appreciated.

fixed the problem. in includes/modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_charge.php note that $od_amount is only set equal to $od_am when the extra charge is set as taxable under the admin menu. moving the $od_amount = $od_am line down so that it happens for taxable and non-taxable charges fixes the problem.

• 6 months later...

not working for me, i am not sure what i am doing wrong so if you guys could please check and see if you could help me fix it, it would be fantastic. my site is www.games2go.co.nz. I am trying to use this with paymate and in that box i have PAYMATE:%3.5 . Am i doing something wrong here? i have done all i should be doing. Need some help guys, it would be much appreciated.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

hi,

i've installed this contrib but somehow it is not working with me... on the checkout_confirmation.php page the fee does not appear.... it's like i would not install anything at all, still i've double checked everything - its installed like described

any help would be great

thanks

caitanya

• 3 weeks later...
hi,

i've installed this contrib but somehow it is not working with me... on the checkout_confirmation.php page the fee does not appear.... it's like i would not install anything at all, still i've double checked everything - its installed like described

any help would be great

thanks

caitanya

I have the same problem, contribution installed and nothing appears...

@caitanya: how did you fix it?

THX