• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS Shipping Problems

I'm having a problem with the getting osC to give customers the ability to ship with UPS. I installed the module and put all my information in correctly but get this message whenever someone tries to order something in the shipping method screen.

"An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

I was wondering if anyone has had any similar problems and could help me out.

I'm having a problem with the getting osC to give customers the ability to ship with UPS. I installed the module and put all my information in correctly but get this message whenever someone tries to order something in the shipping method screen.

"An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

I was wondering if anyone has had any similar problems and could help me out.

If you are trying to use UPS and have the download from the osCommerce webesite UPS is not installed. You need to files which Jack MCS gave me and it works like a champ. If you are having trouble with your USPS shipping you have to call the USPS web tools help people and have them move you to the production server and everything will start working. You have to have a webtools user id which you can also get online. They no longer use passwords so once they move you to the production server you just use your user ID twice. Let me know if you need those UPS files.

Kevin

I already read around the forum and saw the files that you are are talking about... the ups.php files in the include folder. I have those files already in there. They were there when I installed. I also made a account with UPS at http://www.usps.com/. Are you saying that I need to make the account at http://www.uspswebtools.com/registration/ for web tools?

Are you having the problem with UPS (United Parcel Service) or USPS (United States Parcel Service)?

What I'm having a problem with is the United States Postal Service. Sorry that I took so long to respond.

I have the same problem and I have the files. As password i tried my ID but still nothing, same message. I remove the password and samething. I dont know what;s wrong IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME!

Is anyone going to help us? :( I really need this problem fixed so that I can put my store live. After I fix the technical problems I'm hoping to change the actual look of my store with a few images and add a few contributions but this is a pretty big problem since it's what I'm going to be shipping with.

couple of things you could check

1. Do you have weight set for your products

2. valid zip code of the store

3. make sure your account is authorized and in production mode.

couple of things you could check

1. Do you have weight set for your products

2. valid zip code of the store

3. make sure your account is authorized and in production mode.

I made a additional store with the products that OsCommerce comes with and I get the same problem. The zip code for the store seems to be correct unless it has to be written like this "xxxxx-xxxx". I'll call up tomorrow to see if it's a problem on USPS side but I can log in just fine on their website.