• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Head tag controller problems, need help please.

Hello,

I have just took over a site that has Head Tage Controller V.20 installed, and I am trying to figure out how to get my products to have a seperate title and keywrds for each item. I have the boxes in the product update pages but the info I enter is not showing up.

I have searched through the threads and couldnt find anything exactly explaining this.

In my header_tags.php files for the product info it looks like this:

// PRODUCT_INFO.PHP
 case ( strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'product_info.php') or strstr($PHP_SELF,'product_info.php') ):
//	$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.language_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'" . " and pd.language_id ='" .  (int)$languages_id . "'");
$the_product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($the_product_info_query);

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'])) {
  $the_desc= HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;
} else {
  if ( HTDA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {
	$the_desc= $the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'] . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;
  } else {
	$the_desc= $the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'];
  }
}

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'])) {
  $the_key_words= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;
} else {
  if ( HTKA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {
	$the_key_words= $the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'] . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;
  } else {
	$the_key_words= $the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'];
  }
}

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'])) {
  $the_title= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;
} else {
  if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {
	$the_title= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL . ' ' . clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']);
  } else {
	$the_title= clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']);
  }
}

break;

and on /includes/languages/english/header_tags.php my product info section looks like this:

// product_info.php - if left blank in products_description table these values will be used
define('HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON','1');
define('HTKA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON','1');
define('HTDA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON','1');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO','');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO','');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO','');

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you!

It could be that the header tag code in the product_info.php file is missing. Does your title work properly for the home and category page (index.php)?

Jaclk

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It could be that the header tag code in the product_info.php file is missing. Does your title work properly for the home and category page (index.php)?

Jaclk

On all pages it shows the same tag info, here is my product_infp.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: product_info.php,v 1.15 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND', 'Product not found!');
define('TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS', 'Current Reviews:');
define('TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION', 'For more information, please visit this products <a href="%s" target="_blank"><u>webpage</u></a>.');
define('TEXT_DATE_ADDED', 'This product was added to our catalog on %s.');
define('TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE', '<font color="#ff0000">This product will be in stock on %s.</font>');
define('TEXT_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS', 'Customers who bought this product also purchased');
define('TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS', 'Available Options:');
define('TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE', 'Click to enlarge');
?>

No, I meant the code that goes into the product_info.php file in the root. See the Install_Catalog.txt file for how to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

This contirb (header tags) is one of ony two contribs that I absolutely could not get to work and I just gave up.

My product_info was the same, I even thought it was something I did, so I went through it again (3 times) and ever time the same. If an answer is found to this persons problem, please post it in detail here so that I may try once again.

My Contributions

Henry Smith

If the instructions are followed correctly, you can see if Header Tags is working after only a few minor changes, as detailed in the Install_Catalog.txt file. i suspect that what most people do is skip over the step where it says to test it before proceeding and that is where they get into problems. So I suggest starting over and only do the steps in the Install_Catalog.txt file. If it fails at that point, there are only a few files involved and it should be very easy to check.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your help, I did just take over the site so I wasnt sure what the problem could be. But I will check over that file to see if I can find the problem.

If the instructions are followed correctly, you can see if Header Tags is working after only a few minor changes, as detailed in the Install_Catalog.txt file. i suspect that what most people do is skip over the step where it says to test it before proceeding and that is where they get into problems. So I suggest starting over and only do the steps in the Install_Catalog.txt file. If it fails at that point, there are only a few files involved and it should be very easy to check.

Jack