• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

You know you're addicted to OsCommerece

custodian

Not quite a top 10 or top 20 list, but this is a start. I'm sure others can add to it.

You know you're addicted to OsCommerce when...

• Every free moment is spent looking for people with stuff in their cart in Admin --> Tools -- Who's Online
  • Your OsCommerce Store has more contriutions then you've given to any organization your entire life
  • You begin signing your name prefixed with tep_
  • You feel a sense of urgency when you have difficulty accessing www.oscommerce.com/forums
  • Your OsCommerce store can do more things than eBay, even though you only have 10 things in your entire product listings
  • You have clickable IP's for the shoppers and use showmyip to look up their Longitude and Latitude, meanwhile you don't even know your own Longitude and Latitude
  • ls -R ./public_html | wc -l shows that you have more than 5,000 combine files and images in your /catalog and /admin directories

My Contributions

Henry Smith

- You spend all day on the forum switching between all the forum sections just so you don't miss anything.

- You download every contribution just in case you might need it one day.

- You post more than 6.5 posts per day or you make up lists titled "You know you're addicted to OsCommerce when..." :P

- You don't answer people unless they call you by your forum name.

- You go online to hang out with your "real" friends.

You take the time to read this post, LOL--

Thanks--I needed this one--brightened my day! :D

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

• You refer to your day planner as configure.php and your spouse as application_top (on a good day)
  • Your children are "includes"
  • You have a dog named footer.php

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

you search your harddrive for an oscommerce folder and you get 47 results ... so you decide to organize them by used, using, to be used ...

cute thread!

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

• When you shop on-line, you check to see if it is an osCommerce site
  • ... And then you try to guess what contributions they've installed.

ed

you search your harddrive for an oscommerce folder and you get 47 results ... so you decide to organize them by used, using, to be used ...

cute thread!

Only 47??? :D

Matti

ed

haha, guilty of that for sure :lol:

ed

hehehe ... how about this one:

when you shop online and see a store that is NOT osCommerce, you dream about how fun it would be to convert it into an osCommerce store, while keeping 100% the same looks and functions :-), so noone but YOU would know :thumbsup:

... I'm VERY guilty of that one!!!

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

hehehe ... how about this one:

when you shop online and see a store that is NOT osCommerce, you dream about how fun it would be to convert it into an osCommerce store, while keeping 100% the same looks and functions :-), so noone but YOU would know :thumbsup:

... I'm VERY guilty of that one!!!

when you start wondering why Amazon is not using osCommerce

- You own every Kylie Minogue CD just because Harald has a "thing" for her.

- You Google "Pamela and Tommy" not to find the video, but to see if any of the sites are "Powered by osCommerce"

- You own every Kylie Minogue CD just because Harald has a "thing" for her.

- You Google "Pamela and Tommy" not to find the video, but to see if any of the sites are "Powered by osCommerce"

I used that excuse when I bought the Shakira CD :P

....when you login onto the OSc forum from a VERY expensive internet cafe in Trinidad, Cuba, whilst on holiday....

- You search the Live Shops section not looking for stores but to use it a a potential dating site because you feel that you would have more in common with the people there than you would with anyone on Lava Life.

- You have the entire forum available "offline" just in case your internet connection goes down.

- You have the entire forum available "offline" just in case your internet connection goes down.

OMG ... HOW can I have the whole forum offline??? ahhhhhhhhhh wait --- I think my dh has a tool for it! Off to call him!

Monika

- You stand in front of a mirror imitating the Smilies and use them in real life so others will understand what you are feeling.

:( :-" :P :thumbsup: :x (w00t)

... now I really have to get back to work :(

Only 47??? :D

Matti

well thanks for that provocative question ... I now HAD to look (I made up that 47), and it's a whopping 78 folders. Honestly, not too bad for a year of work. Of course I'm sure you think it's "nothing". :thumbsup:

Monika

You exchange your favorite Guns'N Roses poster with one of Harald, you're new superhero :D

You have a Harald poster?!

ed

Archived