• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

designate lower 48 as a zone?

SuperSewist

In the order_total stock module "shipping" (free shipping for orders over $x) I see there is a place to state "national/international/both".

In the shipping module choices, there are 'zones' that can be designated for each.

but these zones appear to be tax-zones.

How would I set it up so that:

1. if the order is over $50, and is in the lower 48, use free shipping. It seems right now it would be for all 50.

2. if the order is outside the lower48 but still in US (AK, HI, APO's), use table rate. It seems now I would have to set up a tax zone for each, and then duplicate table.php 5 times and designate each one to a tax zone.

Thank you.

Toward Continued Success - - > Carol Hawkey - - > KidsLearnToSew.com - - > Wyoming, USA

Mods Installed - - > Authnet AIM2 - Bundled Products 1.4 - Fancier Invoice 6.1 - Email_HTML_Order_Link_Fixed - Header Tags Controller - Login aLa Amazon - JustOneAttribute - Article Manager - SPPC w/PB - spiders.txt - Dangling Carrot/Olive - Printable Catalog - CCGV(trad)

Planned Mods - - > Purchase Without Account - USPS Label - Ultimate SEO

• 4 weeks later...

go into ur admin, click 'Locations/Taxes' => 'Tax Zones'. Click the 'Insert' button, and create a zone (i.e. 'Lower 48'. Edit this zone, and click 'insert' again.

Under 'Country' select 'United States', and then select one of the states that you wish to include. Repeat this 48 times, selecting all of the states but AK and HA. It is a little tedious and time consuming, but is the only way that I know of.

Brian Quinney

• 3 months later...
Under 'Country' select 'United States', and then select one of the states that you wish to include. Repeat this 48 times, selecting all of the states but AK and HA. It is a little tedious and time consuming, but is the only way that I know of.

There is another way, if you have this module installed

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3607

you could use the Multi Countries/Zones Options and generate the tax zones with states/countries with a couple of clicks.