• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I'm new....

Which problem? This thread mentions more than one.

Jack

Ah sorry ..its regarding this one:

"An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.

error

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

I'm with the default ups module...or should I install this one: UPS XML

Thx

Either should work. Be sure you have a zip code entered in admin->configuration->Shipping/Packaging.

Jack

Thx

zip code ? U mean Postal Code..

I'm from mauritius and we dont have a postal code :blink:

Yes, sorry, I meant postal code. Assuming UPS is actually available in Mauritius, I think you will need to find out how UPS determines where to ship from. I can't say for sure since I'm in the States, but they require a postal code here to determine shipping charges. So if that is not given, the module fails as you describe your is doing. I'm fairly certain that is your problem but I don't how to fix it not being familiar with your location. If you went to the local UPS office to ship a package, what would you use as your address to identify your location in the world? There must be some sort of code for that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, sorry, I meant postal code. Assuming UPS is actually available in Mauritius, I think you will need to find out how UPS determines where to ship from. I can't say for sure since I'm in the States, but they require a postal code here to determine shipping charges. So if that is not given, the module fails as you describe your is doing. I'm fairly certain that is your problem but I don't how to fix it not being familiar with your location. If you went to the local UPS office to ship a package, what would you use as your address to identify your location in the world? There must be some sort of code for that.

Jack

just phone UPS..they say they dnt have a code for mauritius...they told me to put any number lol..

By the way is the postal code 4 digit number ? I tried with 1000, it didn't work.

Thx

Try 03903 thats a zip code in maine which is eastern united states, if your using a distributer in the united states and drop shipping from them which (i would assume you are if your trying to charge for state to state shipping otherwise shipping from your island to the states would be very very expensive), you may want to use whatever postal code they your distributer is located in. you can google search the name of the city and state and usually find the zip code.