• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HeaderTags_V_2.5.6 help

Porsche032

hey guys i just installed headertags v 2.5.6 everything seems to be working fine except when i go to

Fill tags from the admin area and click on Fill all tags i get

1146 - Table 'mysite.categories_description' doesn't exist

select categories_name, categories_id, categories_htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag, language_id from categories_description where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

please someone tell me what file i have to edit or what i have to do to fix this. Thank you

It looks like your database changes didn't all take for some reason. There is a file named Update_header_categories_description.sql in the contribution. You shouldn't have to run it on a new install but it won't hurt if you do and it may fix the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It looks like your database changes didn't all take for some reason. There is a file named Update_header_categories_description.sql in the contribution. You shouldn't have to run it on a new install but it won't hurt if you do and it may fix the problem.

Jack

Hi Jack, thanks for the quick response. I ran the update_header_categories_description.sql and it said error duplicate entry. I think the problem is that my database is setup with a osc_ in front of all my tables, my host did that and it always gives me problems. So whenever i add a contribution to the database i have to add an osc_ in front of them. So my header.sql looks like this and this is how i added it into the database.

ALTER TABLE osc_products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

ALTER TABLE osc_products_description ADD products_head_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE osc_products_description ADD products_head_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE osc_categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

ALTER TABLE osc_categories_description ADD categories_htc_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE osc_categories_description ADD categories_htc_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE osc_categories_description ADD categories_htc_description LONGTEXT NULL;

I think im suppose to add an osc_ in front of categories_description somewhere so it could work, but im not sure where. Do you think thats the problem? Thanks again for your help

Header Tags uses the standard tables so as liong as they are defined properly in your database_tables.php file, it should work. You should go into phpmyadmin and make sure you have the header tags fields added properly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Header Tags uses the standard tables so as liong as they are defined properly in your database_tables.php file, it should work. You should go into phpmyadmin and make sure you have the header tags fields added properly.

Jack

i checked my db from phpmyadmin but i dont know what im suppose to be looking for. I attached a pic

of my db with table osc_categories_description. can you check it please =) Thanks alot.

mydb.jpg

he database entries are correct. However, the error you first mentioned says

'mysite.categories_description' doesn't exist
which is true. Your table is osc_categories_description, not categories_description. So you should look in your includes/database_tables.php and admin/includes/database_tables.php files to be sure you have an entry like[/code]define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'osc_categories_description');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

he database entries are correct. However, the error you first mentioned sayswhich is true. Your table is osc_categories_description, not categories_description. So you should look in your includes/database_tables.php and admin/includes/database_tables.php files to be sure you have an entry like[/code]define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'osc_categories_description');

Jack

i put osc_ into includes/database_tables.php and admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', DB_TABLE_PREFIX . 'osc_categories_description');

but nothing happened, i get the same error. I also added

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'osc_categories_description');

at the end but that didnt work either. All the other tables in there dont have the osc_ in front of them either.

do you think i may have to edit a file that came with the contribution with an osc_ in front of it?

i put osc_ into includes/database_tables.php and admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', DB_TABLE_PREFIX . 'osc_categories_description');

but nothing happened, i get the same error. I also added

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'osc_categories_description');

at the end but that didnt work either. All the other tables in there dont have the osc_ in front of them either.

do you think i may have to edit a file that came with the contribution with an osc_ in front of it?

Ok i got it, i had to add osc_ in front of all categories_description in header_tags_fill_tags.php.

Thanks Jack :D