• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mirror site

Patrick C.

just install another osc on a subdirectory like one named yoursite.com/test and then overwrite the files with the ones from your live site

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Create a directory called 'Test' and copy everything into it. Leave everything in the original place, just copy. Make the necessary changes to the two configure.php files in the new Test directory and it is ready to go. To open the test store to review changes, open your browser to www.yourdomain.com/test/index.php. That us your test store. When you make changes to the test store, make sure you document all of the files you modify. Then when you are ready to make the modifications to your live store, just copy those files over to the live side and you are good to go.

So what exactly are the necessary changes to the configure files. I think I see the line to edit in html_public/includes for a directory location; but, I don't see anything like a directory location to change in html_public/admin/includes.

Can you please be more spcific.

Oh and thanks to everyone for the help so far.

The two files to edit are includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php. The following sections of includes/configure.php should look something like this, and the other file will have similar changes.

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/')

The two lines for define CATALOG are the most important. The others point to the directories under the main Catalog directory, so will not need to be changed.

Archived