• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download/Download Cotroller

teksun

I have all my settings correct I have compared them to another site I have this contribution working on. I go through the purchase process then click to download a pdf file but there is no download there. I know the file is there as well.

Any Ideas?

Hi,

Im not sure I can help greatly, but Ive been struggling with this contr for a day or so now, different problems.. Things I can think of that caught me...

Order Status settings? Are they set right in the admin panel to allow download when a payment has been processed? Make sure on return from a payment processor (PayPal for eg) the order status us set correctly..

I also think I had problems when I did not set any attributes for the files to be downloaded, for example as well as entering the file name I set the "Option Name" to "Version" and "Option Value" to "Download"....

Hope this may help, if you can - or anyone else - can figure out why the expiry date of my downloads are set to a past date (1999) I would appreciate it! :D

anyone

Here are my settings-

Config:

DL-true-true-exp 7 days-max dl 5- update status value 4- on hold message 2

G-ZIP:

true-5

Products Attributes:

Option Name= "PDF" Option Value= "Parts Diagram"

Product Name="40AT" Opton Name="PDF" Option Value="Parts Diagram" Value Price="0.0000" Prefix="NULL"

Filename="at40.pdf" Expiry days="7" Max DL count="5"

Modules/Payment:

Free Charge Card sort order="2"

Modules/Free Shipping sort order="0"

Localization/Orders Status set to "Default"

I have this exact setup on a test site:

http://dlw4.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/28

http://trollingmotordepot.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/34_50

If you need to dl the file to see what I am talking about you will have to create an account, I will gladly delete it.

the first one works and downloads the file properly.

the second one only gives a blank page.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by teksun

Just a thought,

What status does your payment processor set the order status to? Processing?

If so, just try altering it to Delivered..... I know it should work on Processing (2) but it wouldnt on mine, I had to have the order status set to Delivered (3) before it would work....

This is something I am going back to look at on my install later.... as i say I'm only about 80% of the way there on mine....

GW

Just a thought,

What status does your payment processor set the order status to? Processing?

If so, just try altering it to Delivered..... I know it should work on Processing (2) but it wouldnt on mine, I had to have the order status set to Delivered (3) before it would work.... This would be done in Modules>Payment - select your payment methond then set the "Set Order Status" option to "Delivered" and see if that makes a difference...

This is something I am going back to look at on my install later.... as i say I'm only about 80% of the way there on mine....

GW

I dont think thats right is it? Thats what your supposed to set to re-enable someones download after its expired..??? at least thats what I thought. I set mine to Delivered and it works fine.

Can you go to "Your Account" and download the file from the order there?

My PayPal processor sets the Order Status to Delivered;

My order status is set to 4 updated as per install inst. from download controller
Edited by MrMcauber

I think it is right. I have it set up that way on my test site the exact same way and it works. Mine is a free download so it does not go through payment processing. I am doing that to keep related sites from downloading all my files and offering them on their site.

I have found a work around but not what I wanted.