• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Authorize Net AIM module

Vger

Hello,

I am a complete newbie to this oscommerce business so I apologise if this question is irrelevant, but I would very much appreciate some help.

When I run Authorize.net AIM in test mode everything works in the process until checkout_process.php which although the page is on my server comes up as a completely blank white screen.

Is this symptomatic of anything?

Thanks

Well...getting closer to having this Authorize.net AIM installed and configured properly. ....cannot wait as it looks good so far.........Just have a slight issue when checking out. Upon clicking continue button on the checkout_payment page, after keying in the test Visa card number in the module(4007000000027), user is brought back to checkout_payment with an error. The page has a "Credit Card" error message displayed in text above thebilling address, but the error details are actually found in the url as you can see below:

(https://www.domain.com/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=authorizenet_aim&error=The+first+four+digits+of+the+number+entered+are%3A+%3Cbr%3EIf+that+number+is+correct%2C+we+do+not+accept+that+type+of+credit+card.%3Cbr%3EIf+it+is+wrong%2C+please+try+again.&authorizenet_aim_cc_owner=&authorizenet_aim_cc_expires_month=&authorizenet_aim_cc_expires_year=]https://www.domain.com/checkout_payment.php...c_expires_year=)

If you click again on the continue button on checkout_payment, after changing or not changing data, you are then taken to checkout_confirmation where the credit card info is displayed correctly based on card # used. At this point, completing the transaction seems to take place correctly with confirmation emails from Authorize.net stating "approved" and the transaction going into admin.

So, my questions are:

1. What does this error mean?

2. Why is it not displaying on the page for the customer to see in text? I checked out a similar thread here(http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=199381&view=findpost&p=879338) that lead to a mod to header.php, but that did not resolve the issue.

3. Why is it that clicking continue the first time issues the error but clicking continue again actually processes the transaction successfully all the way through to confirmation emails?

My configuration is:

Delimited response = NO

Default field separator = comma

Field encapsulation character = blank

Relay Response URL = blank

Transaction version = 3.1

TEST mode for osCommerce and A.net

Request VV = true

I have also created a new transaction key.

ANY help is greatly appreciated?

Edited by golfman2006

Update to the above post...I apologize for the newby style questions here, but we just took over an oscommerce website and are trying to get AuthorizeNet with AIM working.

It apears we are using the fast easy checkout contribution which uses checkout_shipping to gather the payment information(ie credit card #, expire date, etc). So, when a new customer or existing customer clicks on the "checkout" button from the shopping cart, they are brought to the checkout_shipping page, which contains the payment method options. Upon clicking "continue" on checkout_shipping page, with credit card info keyed user is then brought to the checkout_payment page with the below error in the url. If user clicks continue again to the credit card data, leaving the same or changing, then they are successfully taken to the checkout_confirmation page and the rest of the transaction seems to be working fine, including approval emails rom Authorize.net.

Is there a way to include the validation to happen from both the checkout_shipping page as well as the checkout_payment page? The reason to have it in both places if a user begins by updating payment info on the checkout_shipping page then goes to the checkout_confirmation page, but realizes they need to use a diferent credit card. There is a hyperlink to edit payment information on this checkout_confirmation page. If user clicks it they are bought to the checkout_payment page where they can change payment info and resubmit. This credit card info needs to be validatd from both checkout_shipping as the primary means for updating payment info and checkout_payment as a secondary option.

Quite a newby here, but trying to learn and have scoured this and many other forums to get the answer, but nothing yet.

Thanks...

Well...getting closer to having this Authorize.net AIM installed and configured properly. ....cannot wait as it looks good so far.........Just have a slight issue when checking out. Upon clicking continue button on the checkout_payment page, after keying in the test Visa card number in the module(4007000000027), user is brought back to checkout_payment with an error. The page has a "Credit Card" error message displayed in text above thebilling address, but the error details are actually found in the url as you can see below:

(https://www.domain.com/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=authorizenet_aim&error=The+first+four+digits+of+the+number+entered+are%3A+%3Cbr%3EIf+that+number+is+correct%2C+we+do+not+accept+that+type+of+credit+card.%3Cbr%3EIf+it+is+wrong%2C+please+try+again.&authorizenet_aim_cc_owner=&authorizenet_aim_cc_expires_month=&authorizenet_aim_cc_expires_year=]https://www.domain.com/checkout_payment.php...c_expires_year=)

If you click again on the continue button on checkout_payment, after changing or not changing data, you are then taken to checkout_confirmation where the credit card info is displayed correctly based on card # used. At this point, completing the transaction seems to take place correctly with confirmation emails from Authorize.net stating "approved" and the transaction going into admin.

So, my questions are:

1. What does this error mean?

2. Why is it not displaying on the page for the customer to see in text? I checked out a similar thread here(http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=199381&view=findpost&p=879338) that lead to a mod to header.php, but that did not resolve the issue.

3. Why is it that clicking continue the first time issues the error but clicking continue again actually processes the transaction successfully all the way through to confirmation emails?

My configuration is:

Delimited response = NO

Default field separator = comma

Field encapsulation character = blank

Relay Response URL = blank

Transaction version = 3.1

TEST mode for osCommerce and A.net

Request VV = true

I have also created a new transaction key.

ANY help is greatly appreciated?

Edited by golfman2006

The problems you have relate to using Fast Easy Checkout and are not problems which exist with Authorize Net AIM itself. On a default install of osCommerce you can run A Net AIM 'out-of-the-box'.

Vger

Come on guys, please don't disregard my post, I really need some help, just a pointer in the right direction or anything! Please please please please please please please.

I have Authorize.net AIM installed as a module on OScommerce, everything works until one submits one's order at which point checkout_process.php is completely blank and nothing happens.

Has no-one else ever had this problem???

Found the answer to the error issue "The first four digits of the number entered are: If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card. If it is wrong, please try again." I'm entering the basic 4111111111111111 test acount code. Here is the fix I tried which worked: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=885888

This resolved the error issue when trying to submit the payment. No longer is the error generated, now all seems to be working properly, with transaction going all the way through admin and receiving approval emails from A.net.

Update to the above post...I apologize for the newby style questions here, but we just took over an oscommerce website and are trying to get AuthorizeNet with AIM working.

It apears we are using the fast easy checkout contribution which uses checkout_shipping to gather the payment information(ie credit card #, expire date, etc). So, when a new customer or existing customer clicks on the "checkout" button from the shopping cart, they are brought to the checkout_shipping page, which contains the payment method options. Upon clicking "continue" on checkout_shipping page, with credit card info keyed user is then brought to the checkout_payment page with the below error in the url. If user clicks continue again to the credit card data, leaving the same or changing, then they are successfully taken to the checkout_confirmation page and the rest of the transaction seems to be working fine, including approval emails rom Authorize.net.

Is there a way to include the validation to happen from both the checkout_shipping page as well as the checkout_payment page? The reason to have it in both places if a user begins by updating payment info on the checkout_shipping page then goes to the checkout_confirmation page, but realizes they need to use a diferent credit card. There is a hyperlink to edit payment information on this checkout_confirmation page. If user clicks it they are bought to the checkout_payment page where they can change payment info and resubmit. This credit card info needs to be validatd from both checkout_shipping as the primary means for updating payment info and checkout_payment as a secondary option.

Quite a newby here, but trying to learn and have scoured this and many other forums to get the answer, but nothing yet.

Thanks...

Edited by golfman2006

checkout_process doesn't come up on your screen at all, it does all of its work in the background - so which page is it that's actually coming up blank?

Hello, thanks for the response. Let me try and express myself more clearly.

In my current store: www.test.fliton.com/catalog one can put an item in one's shopping cart, go to checkout, sign-in, insert delivery information, insert a credit card number that should be accepted in test mode, and then press 'confirm order', at which point, even though I have a valid transaction key and authorize.net account the next page, which comes up on my browser as http://test.fliton.com/catalog/checkout_pr...43f62887ec25233

is completely blank and nothing happens thereafter.

I know this is probably a stupid problem, but any help that could be offered would be appreciated, even if you could just point me in the direction of the component that is missing I would be immensely grateful.

Hello Vger----actually, the version of PHP we are using is 4.4.1. Is that still too old?

It sure would be nice to see this work with Fast Easy Checkout....It seems there are alot of us who have that module installed and have run into this error.

Took me a few minutes but I worked out why $_POST didn't work for you - you are using an incredibly old version of PHP. Super Globals were introduced for PHP 4.1 (very old version), and if your version is from before then it won't know what Super Globals are. You really shouldn't be using a version of PHP that old - it's so hackable.

Vger

Edited by golfman2006

Sorry to be a pain, but many of us have the FEC module installed and would love to get this add-on working with it.........

In order to get the CCV verification to work with fast easy checkout, we need the validation to be done from both checkout_shipping which is where the customer goes first to select their shipping and payment information, and checkout_payment. This is needed because when customer moves to checkout_confirmation, if they click the edit link for payment information, they are then brought to checkout_payment which is the second place we need the edit for CCV(maybe they want to change cards)...As of now, the validation is correctly done on checkout_payment. Can the validation also be done in checkout_shipping? I am not a php scripter so if you could provide the code that needs to be changed, that would be great...if not, a good direction for a newby trying to learn.

PHP 4.4.1 is fine, so either your hosts are imposing some kind of restriction on Super Globals (highly unlikely), or else Fast Easy Checkout cannot work with a module which uses Super Globals (much more likely).

If you wish to rewrite Fast Easy Checkout to work with Authorize Net AIM then please do so - but please don't rewrite Authorize Net AIM to work with FEC and post it as an update as this will probably lead to the whole module breaking down for anyone not using FEC.

Vger

Thanks for the reponse about the PHP...makes me feel a bit more comfortal about the release of PHP we are on.

As for re-writing FEC, as I mentioned earlier, I am no scripter only a fill in developer(1st time at this) to help get the credit module up. With other contributions, somtimes they are easy and sometimes hard. Was just hoping there may be an easy fix to get it to work with FEC. As I menioned, most everything is working now with your A.net and FEC, just not the CVV validation.

Guess we will take a look at adding CVV to the base A.net module that comes with OSC.

PHP 4.4.1 is fine, so either your hosts are imposing some kind of restriction on Super Globals (highly unlikely), or else Fast Easy Checkout cannot work with a module which uses Super Globals (much more likely).

If you wish to rewrite Fast Easy Checkout to work with Authorize Net AIM then please do so - but please don't rewrite Authorize Net AIM to work with FEC and post it as an update as this will probably lead to the whole module breaking down for anyone not using FEC.

Vger

I seem to have it working on the standard OSC login setup. I recieved the "Order Process" email from my store but I did not recieve anything from Authorize.net. I logged into my authorize.net account and found no Unsettled Transactions.

- I have AIM set up in test mode in OSC admin

- I am in test mode at authorize.net.

- Delimited Response: No

- Default Field Separator: ,(comma)

- Field Encapsulation Character: blank

Am I missing something here?

question...

You guys that say that you got FEC working... HOW?????

when I click on "Shipping Information (Check to use Billing Information:" it doesnt work. You actually have to type in the shipping!

And if I uncheck create an account, it still asks for a password!!!

How can this be fixed????? PLease someone help here!

For anyone out there using this contribution with Fast Easy checkout, Here is what I did to get it to work:

1. Skip part #1 installation instructions

2. Follow the Part#2 installation instructions only.

I simply wanted to have the option of creating an account or not. the installation step #1 simply combines the shipping & payments into one page to reduce the number of checkout steps (hence the name Fast Easy Checkout). I don't care about an extra step or two in the process.

I have thus far ran about10 test and all is working fine. With one exception (attributes listings in the email). That is probably due to the attributes contribution I have installed. I'll worry about that another day.

I hope this helps!

Now its off to the beer and fireworks (safe combination...probable not :-" Fun combination...oh yea :thumbsup:

Hi. I installed this contrib and it works great when a Visa/MC card is used that passes AVS and CCV. However, if the cc fails AVS or CCV, then instead of going from checkout_confirmation.php to checkout_success, you get dumped back to checkout_payment.php. Plus, the error that causes you to be unable to complete the order is only in the url and not displayed on the page. So, of course this is very confusing to the user.

How do I:

(1) get the relevant error to display on the checkout_payment.php page, rather than hidden in the url where the customer won't see it?

(2) prevent people from using AmEx or Discover (or whatever cc type is unsupported)? The error in the url says (without all the +'s): Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance." This does not very clearly indicate that the customer is receiving the error because we do not accept the credit card type they are trying to use (AVS response code=P when you look at the transaction history on Authorize.net). How have other people dealt with this issue?

Thanks!

- angela

The reason you get the error in the URL and not in the page is because the module uses $_GET instead of $_POST. You can modify the module to use $_POST for the error and then tie it into the error messages that osCommerce already supplies.

Or you could ....display an image of the cards you do accept, so that peope know which cards are acceptable. American Express users should be well aware that (in the majority of cases) their card won't be accepted.

Vger

American express also uses a 4 digit CCV code. Could you just add maxlength="3" to the CCV text field, tus rendering amex unprocessable(boy tha's a weird word). As for Discover...who knows.

I would like to have a dropdown box to select, Just for the sake of appearance and clarity.

Edited by spencermjax

I'll be able to add the images for the accepted cards to the payment page. It would be cool though to have a pull-down menu like spencermjax suggested. Has anyone modified the contrib to do that?

I don't think I'm experienced enough to modify the contrib to use post rather than get. Has anyone done this?

Am I correct in saying that if a card is declined or the address does not match (or any other error that you've configured with Authorize.net to not pass), that the user does not see an error on the page, but just gets sent back to the payment page with an error hidden in the url? Or have I installed this contrib incorrectly?