• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Authorize Net AIM module

Vger

There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

Im getting the above error when I go to check out. When I log into my a.net account the orders are the but have general error next to them. if I put in a credit card with only 8 digits I get the same error. Anybody know what the issue could be?

Arghhhh! Can somebody help me? The transactions are posting in Authorize.net. They are submitted and a day later they clear. Unfortunately, the OSCommerce template does not acknowledge credit card payment and I show nothing in the OSC Admin Panel of a confirmed order. I get the following error: "Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance." I tried the fix from 10/14/08.

Checkout shipping page passes fine.

Checkout payment page passes fine.

Checkout confirmation pages does not pass and produces the above error.

I feel like its an issue with the cookies.

I do have shared ssl and believe I have configured it appropriately (https://secure.bluehost.com/~fantasu6). I do have cURL in PHP, I do have an account with Authorize.net, Direct response is delimited response "no", Default Field Separator "comma", Field Encapsulation Char "blank". Transaction Key must be working properly since transactions are posting. Transaction version is 3.1. Site is not in the "catalog" directory but in the main root. Padlocks/ ssl seem to be appearing in the right places (i.e. login page, checkout, and credit card pages, etc.). Nothing in Receipt / Relay URLs.

URL is: https://secure.bluehost.com/~fantasu6/checkout_payment.php

Domain Name: www.fantastictoyfigures.com

Configure files are:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.fantastictoyfigures.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secure.bluehost.com/~fantasu6'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.fantastictoyfigures.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.fantastictoyfigures.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/~fantasu6/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', 'secure.bluehost.com/~fantasu6');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/~fantasu6/../');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

Do you know why I'm not reaching the checkout success page? I keep getting sent back to the checkout payment page with the above error? I hope it's just a simple cookies configuration problem. Please help, I've almost ripped out all my hair.

Thanks,

Kris

I noticed that this contribution was originally created because AIM was not available in the suite of Authorize.net payment modules. However, it seems that now AIM is available as a standard feature with OSCommerce so I was wondering what benefits this module offers for AIM integration over the OOTB version. I am asking because I have been unable to get credit card processing to work using the default module and I am not sure why. I was wondering if this contribution offers different functionality or fixes known issues that may help us resolve the problem.

Randeep

I noticed that this contribution was originally created because AIM was not available in the suite of Authorize.net payment modules. However, it seems that now AIM is available as a standard feature with OSCommerce so I was wondering what benefits this module offers for AIM integration over the OOTB version. I am asking because I have been unable to get credit card processing to work using the default module and I am not sure why. I was wondering if this contribution offers different functionality or fixes known issues that may help us resolve the problem.

Randeep

I never took the time to try to figure out how to fix the stock module (which did not work for me) simply because I installed this module and it worked. It would be nice if the developers would address this issue.

Randeep

I could not get the stock module to work either. This module offers CCV2. I don't know if the stock module offers that or not.

Edited by rs2k

Well...Well...Well...I actuall tried something that I should have tried first. The field "CURL Proxy URL" in the admin was automaticlly filled in when installed. I just edleted the contents of that fiels and BOOM! It's working!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who got involved in constantly making this module better. And thank you Rhea for starting it all. The module works and I'm on my way. :D

Honestly... get a new host.

curl is a requirement for using this module, although I do believe it has a configuration set up for using a proxy CURL. But I do think you would be better off using a host that supports OSCommerce and basic ecommerce necessities like curl.

I just found that my web host wil not enable CURL

Any ideas on what to do now? All my client needs is to be able to capture and authorize with Authorize.net

Thanks,

Chris

I never took the time to try to figure out how to fix the stock module (which did not work for me) simply because I installed this module and it worked. It would be nice if the developers would address this issue.

I had the same experience baddog. I think it is ridiculous that authorize.net, which I believe is a pretty common service, does not work OOTB, but I am very grateful to the people who provided this module which works fantastically. This really needs to be merged into the core since the OOTB errors delayed our launch date significantly.

And yes, the stock module doesn't support CVV2 and this one does. All the more reason to merge.

Good job guys and thanks for the info!

Has anyone else had a problem using the CVV Help link? I always get a 404 Error and I think the problem is related to a slash that prepends the Help link. It's located in the languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php file and I don't think a javascript link really belongs here. I posted a release that eliminates this extra slash but I think there is a better way.

Any ideas?

I have been using this module for a year with no trouble. But now I get the same error even with the latest update. How do we fix this?

There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

Im getting the above error when I go to check out. When I log into my a.net account the orders are the but have general error next to them. if I put in a credit card with only 8 digits I get the same error. Anybody know what the issue could be?

Edited by mrbones

Is there any Authorize.net AIM module that works? I downloaded and tried another one and it didn't work either?

Anybody?

I have been using this module for a year with no trouble. But now I get the same error even with the latest update. How do we fix this?

If it was working and suddenly stopped working, you need to figure out what changed in order to figure out why it stopped working and how to fix it. Did your host change something? Did you change something?

You are right, someone changed a setting without my knowledge. So when I was troubleshooting this and saw a fix for the error I was getting I thought it was the module. So I spent time trying to fix what wasn't broke. I reinstalled the module and followed the instructions and when it was in test mode it gave me an error that my logon was incorrect. I then found out the transaction key was invalid and generated a new one. Then viola, it works!

Pretty frustrating when someone within the office messes with your settings and doesn't tell anybody and then asks you to fix it. Anyway, it works now and thanks for the great module.

-mrb

Well...Well...Well...I actuall tried something that I should have tried first. The field "CURL Proxy URL" in the admin was automaticlly filled in when installed. I just edleted the contents of that fiels and BOOM! It's working!!!!!!!

where is the field "CURL Proxy URL" in the admin. is it in the file manager or in the admin control panel?

ok i am so close to getting my account to work. i installed the new module and read every little tread changing everything,BUT i have my cart talking to a.net becuase i get a email showing that the transaction has gone through.BUT within oscommerce i get this

Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

and it goes back to the payment infomation screen. PLEASE HELP ME

i am so close an just need a push into the right direction

• 2 weeks later...

i'm getting redirected to my login page when confirming. i have 2 other sites that use the module just fine. this is the only RC2 site though. is there something i have to change?

Hello, I have a working shop http://hegemshop.com For the most part it works. However if the user enters a bad credit card number or goes back after getting to checkout_confirmation.php They are give the following message:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. This transaction has been approved. It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

On some occasions in the past Authorize would receive the payment, but OScommerce would not record it. The help desk at Authorize told me this was a server time out issue, however the company that hosts our site says that my Authorize AIM add on is not properly configured, omitting the critical information as to HOW it is improperly configured. However I did get them to say it has something to do with SSL and cookies. They mentioned forcing cookie use (which if turned on in OSC causes the page to go to cookie_usage.php in stead of checkout_confirmation.php even if the browser has cookies enabled). I have very little knowledge of CURL stuff so I'm at a loss as to how to find out where things are going wrong.

My configure.php reads as follows:

// define our webserver variables
// FS = Filesystem (physical)
// WS = Webserver (virtual)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://thegemshop.com'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers // changed for AIM (dtk)
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://thegemshop.com');// changed for AIM (dtk)
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://thegemshop.com');// changed for AIM (dtk)
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'thegemshop.com');// added for aim 12/08/2008(dtk)
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'thegemshop.com');// added for aim 12/08/2008(dtk)
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');// added for aim 12/08/2008(dtk)
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');// added for aim 12/08/2008(dtk)
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');// added for aim 12/08/2008(dtk)
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // added for aim 12/08/2008(dtk)
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', '');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mysql');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'osCommerce');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');
?>

And the CURL section of authorizenet_aim.php is as follows:

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 0);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, 'd:\home\thegemsh\ca-bundle.crt'); // blank response fix

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);

if(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_CURL_PROXY != 'none') {
	  curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);
	  curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY,MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_CURL_PROXY);
}
  $authorize = curl_exec($ch);

curl_close ($ch);

$response = split('\,', $authorize);

// Parse the response code and text for custom error display
  $response_code = explode(',', $response[0]);
  $response_text = explode(',', $response[3]);
  $x_response_code = $response_code[0];
  $x_response_text = $response_text[0];
  // If the response code is not 1 (approved) then redirect back to the payment page with the appropriate error message
  if ($x_response_code != '1') {//try changing this to <> instead of != 
	  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . $response[0] . ' - ' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE), 'SSL', true, false));
	//tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . $x_response_text . ' - ' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE), 'SSL', true, false));
  }

If you notice something missing or you have any idea what may be causing the problem, or how I might be able to track it, please let me know.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed the last authorize_aim module with correction by IcedDante from Nov 19 2008. This module is a CHARM and it works in general lovely. Thanks all for great module.

In our server in office it works with no issues, however on our hosted server (shared) we have an issue that when we click on the More Info to get the CVV help we get an error:

403 Permission Denied

You do not have permission for this request /b/apps/catalog/includes/languages/english/cvv_help.php

First I think it make sense it is some configuration on the hosted server because on our office it works fine. However in the office we are within same lan, so I suspect that for some reason when the requester is NOT on same domain/subnet maybe there is some issue.

Off course I checked permissions of files and files are ok with right permission.

So I ask for advice if any of you came across such an issue so I can advice the hosting company what to do, or maybe there is some work around to implement in code.

Any idea will be appreciated,

Note: Beside this issue the module works fine in hosted server and all features are working including authorization and so on.

Thanks

Zvik

Hi All,

Just to let you know that the problem of error 403 was resolved.

I am not sure why but with our provider we had to place the cvv_help.php just under the store root, otherwise it won't work.

Thanks

zk

I just installed the AIM module on my website. But when I click 'confirm order' on checkout_confirmation.php I am returned to checkout_payment.php, the session id in the URL is replaced with a blank error message (error_message=).

How can I show the real error message? Thanks.

I am using my API login and the correct transaction key.

My delimiters are set to No, comma and blank (No, comma and double-quote also failed to work).

PHP is compiled in cURL and as you can see SSL is working.

I have the latest version of Authorize.net AIM installed and running on test mode using the test credit card numbers provided.

My authorize.net account is AIM ready, running transaction version 3.1 and I do not have any response/receipt URLs set up.

I have forced cookies turned off.

Below is my configuration.php ( I hide the real web site name)

<?php

/*

$Id: configure.php,v 1.14 2003/07/09 01:15:48 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://mywebsite.net'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://mywebsite.net'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'mywebsite.net');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'mywebsite.net');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', ''); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'osCommerce');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

• 1 month later...

I keep getting this error no matter what I change..

/store/checkout_payment.php?error_message=This+transaction+has+been+declined - Your+credit+card+could+not+be+authorized+for+this+reason.+Please+correct+any+inf

ormation+and+try+again+or+contact+us+for+further+assistance

.the transactions are listed in the Authnet unsettled transactions screen and all say "general error".

Any ideas?

Edited by zeus_r6

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded and installed the AuthorizeAIM contribution.

I have a problem, and have spent two days trying to troubleshoot this on my own.

The problem I have is, when I 'continue' from checkout_shipping.php onto checkout_payment.php, that is after entering credit card information... the *first* time the checkout_payment.php page is displayed, I get a credit card error, "the first four digits of your..." well, if I go ahead and hit 'continue' to proceed, the checkout_payment.php file is displayed again, and the error goes away, and the credit card information comes through, and if I hit 'continue' again, it does process the credit card properly, taking me to my checkout_success.php page. And, the payment does go through Auth.net, as well. The problem is the *first* time the checkout_payment.php page is hit, the credit card error comes up.

Also, if I use a known bad CC#, the cc_validation.php seems to be working, because it will not go beyond the checkout_payment.php page, telling the user their CC is not valid.

So, do you have any idea what might be wrong? I'm suspecting it's either in the authorize_aim.php or the checkout_payment.php. I *thought* I edited my checkout_process.php correctly... might the problem be there?

~jp