• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Authorize Net AIM module

Vger

The Authorize.net AIM contrib. uses a text field not an int (correct me if I am wrong) so the Transaction ID or x_trans_id going to a 10-digit integer should not be an issue.

Here is my problem:

Installed per install.html the 14 Aug 2008 full package contrib w/ $Id: authorizenet_aim.php 23rd August, 2006 18:50:00 Brent O'Keeffe $ in header on a customized version of osCommerce 2.2-MS2 at http://www.horticulturesource.com/

-- For now (9/2/08) we are using authorizenet.php,v 1.48 for cards as it is working.

When I submit a card transaction Live or Test (w/ or w/o CVV) all I get is forwarded back to the payment page w/ the error:

"- Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

Nothing before it indicating what the error was. Authorize.Net Captures and tries to Authorize the transaction however (when Live of course and I just void the transaction). So it seems the card is being sent in okay but rather than getting the success page we get an error which doesn't help me debug.

In the Authorize.Net account I have set Transaction Version to 3.1. There is no default Response/Receipt URLs but have both .../checkout_confirmation.php and .../checkout_process.php in the list. So the Relay Response URL is blank and Receipt Page URL is blank also. For Direct Response have these:

i. Delimited Response = No -- also tries Yes w/ the same results

ii. Default Field Seperator = comma

iii. Field Encapsulation Character = blank --- also tries double quotes (") w/ the same results

Do I need to have WebLink turned off -- AIM should still work w/ it on as you are supposed to get AIM working before you turn it off as you cannot turn it back on once disabled?

I updated the test url to https://certification in authorizenet_aim.php.... I have fixed the invoice # issue so it is being sent okay w/ the rest of the card info. Also did updated checkout_process.php w/:

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

CVV help works. And I updated the admin/orders.php file as per the install.html. I think I followed everything in the install and read this forum and still no luck.

CURL is on:

cURL support enabled

cURL Information libcurl/7.18.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8g zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.5.6

'./configure' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-fastcgi' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-maintainer-zts' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-zip' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/opt/openssl' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-libexpat-dir=/usr' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mhash=/opt/mhash/' '--with-mime-magic' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl=/opt/openssl' '--with-openssl-dir=/opt/openssl' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-pgsql=/usr' '--with-pic' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-pspell' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--with-tidy=/opt/tidy/' '--with-ttf' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-xsl=/opt/xslt/' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'

Could a cURL proxy issue cause this? I don't think I need a cURL proxy URL... At least that is what the host said "No, you won't have to have a proxy URL"

I have no idea what else I could me missing. Probably something really obvious. Any help would be appreciated. :D Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

k

Edited by usisu

Hi All

recently one of my orders had the transaction status of "General Error (Unable to Send Notification) " on the authorize.net website. The payment had failed.

However, this order was still shown on my oscommerce admin section.

Luckily I did check the authorize.net before shipping the product. Cause I had not reveied the payment and still saw it as a correct order on oscommerce.

Can someone please tell me why this happened? this can lead to losses.

I am also trying to figure out if this change to the Transaction ID is going to effect this module before I wake up some morning to failing transactions.. Anybody?

Thanks,

J

I'm also concerned about it. And I'm not so sure as Usisu (uses a text field).

What I have figured out is that the Transaction ID is 10 digit number.

I haven't seen anything close to 2,147,483,647.

And I don't see where that number is recorded in the MySQL. Table orders payment_id is int(11) but I don't see it ever being populated with the transaction_id

From what I've been able to find using the setting "Authorization & Capture", does not require the transaction_id.

However, issuing a credit or a void requires the transaction_id according to the AIM_Guide.pdf

I'm not sure how that's done or how canceling an order from the osc admin results in a refund to the customer.

Here is my problem:

Installed per install.html the 14 Aug 2008 full package contrib w/ $Id: authorizenet_aim.php 23rd August, 2006 18:50:00 Brent O'Keeffe $ in header on a customized version of osCommerce 2.2-MS2 at http://www.horticulturesource.com/

-- For now (9/2/08) we are using authorizenet.php,v 1.48 for cards as it is working.

When I submit a card transaction Live or Test (w/ or w/o CVV) all I get is forwarded back to the payment page w/ the error:

"- Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

Nothing before it indicating what the error was. Authorize.Net Captures and tries to Authorize the transaction however (when Live of course and I just void the transaction). So it seems the card is being sent in okay but rather than getting the success page we get an error which doesn't help me debug.

In the Authorize.Net account I have set Transaction Version to 3.1. There is no default Response/Receipt URLs but have both .../checkout_confirmation.php and .../checkout_process.php in the list. So the Relay Response URL is blank and Receipt Page URL is blank also. For Direct Response have these:

iii. Field Encapsulation Character = blank --- also tries double quotes (") w/ the same results

Do I need to have WebLink turned off -- AIM should still work w/ it on as you are supposed to get AIM working before you turn it off as you cannot turn it back on once disabled?

I updated the test url to https://certification in authorizenet_aim.php.... I have fixed the invoice # issue so it is being sent okay w/ the rest of the card info. Also did updated checkout_process.php w/:

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

CVV help works. And I updated the admin/orders.php file as per the install.html.

Just and update on this, I got it to work!!! Here is all I did:

In the module changed:

'x_delim_char' => '|',

to

'x_delim_char' => '\,',

and:

$this->response = explode('|', $response);

to

$this->response = explode('\,', $response);

Also added (around line 226):

'x_encap_char' => ' ',

For Authorize.Net Account Setup changed Direct Response from these:

to

i. Delimited Response = YES <-- THIS HAS TO BE YES OR IT WONT WORK! AIM USES DIRECT NOT RELAY!!

iii. Field Encapsulation Character = blank

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not able to get this module to work (or any other Authorize.net module for OSCommerce). I have researched extensively online--in this forum and all over the place--and tried numerous things, but nothing seems to work. The cart has been successfully using Linkpoint for the past couple of years, but the owner now has Authorize and so it has to change. I have followed all instruction exactly on modifications to code and settings in Authorize.net account.

I am getting the "general" cc error: Credit Card Error!

(in Live mode and I have tried different cards with same results)

I'm stumped, I've never had a problem installing payment modules with this or other cart software. Any suggestion on how to find out what the real error is or if anyone else has been in the same situation and resolved it, advice would be welcome!

I'm not able to get this module to work (or any other Authorize.net module for OSCommerce). I have researched extensively online--in this forum and all over the place--and tried numerous things, but nothing seems to work. The cart has been successfully using Linkpoint for the past couple of years, but the owner now has Authorize and so it has to change. I have followed all instruction exactly on modifications to code and settings in Authorize.net account.

I'm stumped, I've never had a problem installing payment modules with this or other cart software. Any suggestion on how to find out what the real error is or if anyone else has been in the same situation and resolved it, advice would be welcome!

I was never able to get the stock module to work but did get Vger's module to work. Vger's Module

We're having the same problem with our new merchant bank but only with Amex credit cards, with Amex they said it has something to do with the merchant bank cannot process the ccv codes and authorize.net does not know what to do so it gives a general error. We have yet to get this fixed, but please post your solution if you figure anything out.

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I was never able to get the stock module to work but did get Vger's module to work. Vger's Module

To clarify, I am talking about "Vger's Module" (the one this thread is about, correct?) not the one that comes with OSCommerce or the other one floating around that is a bit older, though I have been unable to get any of them to work correctly. I can go into the errors I get with the other 2 (default one charges card but gives an Authorize error page to customer - bad; the other gives general error in cart and does not go through at all, similar to this one), but it seemed this one was the one most people had said they could get to work, and it includes the card verification code which is important to us. I'm having no luck, though.

We're having the same problem with our new merchant bank but only with Amex credit cards, with Amex they said it has something to do with the merchant bank cannot process the ccv codes and authorize.net does not know what to do so it gives a general error. We have yet to get this fixed, but please post your solution if you figure anything out.

MasterCard and Visa also fail, so it's not just AMEX for us.

I just don't understand how so many people can have so many problems with this. It should be pretty straight forward to give the proper instructions to get it set up.

I am getting the same errors (your card cannot be processed for this reason..." ) but my page seems to load forever before giving me the error. If anyone is willing to get it working for me please let me know ( $$ ) I just do not have the time to do it.

Well...Well...Well...I actuall tried something that I should have tried first. The field "CURL Proxy URL" in the admin was automaticlly filled in when installed. I just edleted the contents of that fiels and BOOM! It's working!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Not my prob/solution, though. I asked my host at the beginning if a proxy url was needed, they said no, so I left "none" as per the instructions. I just tried taking that out completely, but it made no difference.

I also tried not asking for CVV number, in case that was causing problems, and no go there either.

So still stuck...

Update on my issue: I think the problem--or one of the problems--is that I am using the FEC contribution (Fast Easy Checkout - makes one-page checkout). There seems to be a conflict. Unfortunately this is one of the first contribs I installed a few years ago and there have been numerous mods since, so I can't just "uninstall" FEC.

Again I have tried everything everyone has posted on that topic, but nothing works completely. I can now get to confirmation page (used to get credit card error before it), but then when I click to confirm, it gives same credit card error.

It seems that credit card info is being "lost" between the payment and confirmation pages, but I cannot isolate the code to fix this. That ring a bell for anyone?

hello, thanks in advance for all the useful opensource resources and helpful info

I recently installed this contribution but haven't had much luck in getting it to work properly. I get an error message that the card was not successfully processed instead of the checkout success page. This error is invalid b/c the transactions show up in my auth.net account as captured and awaiting settlement. I am not really too savy with code (just basic html). I tried all of the suggestions w/ curl codes and ssl fixes, but they have only made it worse. Can anyone help? I will be starting over with this install tomorrow. I really hope I can launch it otherwise the basic auth.net module will have to do.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.

Looking to verify if this addin- has already been modified to accomodate the newly resized transactionid - http://www.authorize.net/transid

OSC needs to accommodate a 10-digit Transaction ID greater than 2,147,483,647.

According to previous posts, the database table has this as a string, so that the number won't matter. :)

Hey guys, quick question..

I also had the error message pop up with no reason. Doing some debugging, the "curl_exec"kept coming back with 'false' - meaning it wasn't creating a connection properly. On my system, I had to add the command:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

for it to work. I even created a new 'ca-something' file for my system, and specified it using the 'CURLOPT_CAINFO' option, but it had no effect. As far as I can tell, the 'VERIFYPEER' option just makes sure that the other site's SSL certificate is genuine?

My question is this: Anyone know of another way to get the 'CAINFO' option to work, and if not, if there that big of a risk turning the VERIFYPEER off?

Also, I get the:

(TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

Am I correct in thinking that this will always appear as long as I'm in test mode?

Thanks!

Mike.

I am having a problem where this module is saying "Your credit card could not be authorized..."

BUT...

It is charging the credit card (I logged in and checked Auth.net and it is captured). Also, it is not creating the order.

Any thoughts???

I am having a problem where this module is saying "Your credit card could not be authorized..."

BUT...

It is charging the credit card (I logged in and checked Auth.net and it is captured). Also, it is not creating the order.

Any thoughts???

Still having problems with the module returning "Your credit card could not be authorized..." ? see the file uploaded to the package 10/14/2008 for the fix, it resolved the same problem for me.

Thank you, usisu, for your MOST EXCELLENT information you posted on this topic! (dated 9-9-08) Out of the 45+ pages of information, yours was the one I needed to help me out. I was beginning to go bald, pulling my hair out, trying to make the A.net AIM work with my OSC shopping cart.

Kudos to usisu !!

Thank you, usisu, for your MOST EXCELLENT information you posted on this topic! (dated 9-9-08) Out of the 45+ pages of information, yours was the one I needed to help me out. I was beginning to go bald, pulling my hair out, trying to make the A.net AIM work with my OSC shopping cart.

Kudos to usisu !!

me 2

Kudos to usisu

Update on my issue: I think the problem--or one of the problems--is that I am using the FEC contribution (Fast Easy Checkout - makes one-page checkout). There seems to be a conflict. Unfortunately this is one of the first contribs I installed a few years ago and there have been numerous mods since, so I can't just "uninstall" FEC.

Again I have tried everything everyone has posted on that topic, but nothing works completely. I can now get to confirmation page (used to get credit card error before it), but then when I click to confirm, it gives same credit card error.

It seems that credit card info is being "lost" between the payment and confirmation pages, but I cannot isolate the code to fix this. That ring a bell for anyone?

you should be able to actually if you don't mind digging through the code to do it.

just get the source from that contrib and start using "Find" to find the actual contributions code.

I use Gedit in linux to do that. i'd recommend a programming oriented text editor to do that kind of work because it makes it easier to see what you're doing and where you need to be.

Still having problems with the module returning "Your credit card could not be authorized..." ? see the file uploaded to the package 10/14/2008 for the fix, it resolved the same problem for me.

Troy,

Your fix worked for me, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have been trying for weeks to get things to work. I was actually able to process, but was getting an error message with no code

saying that the order did not process. Of course the customer would just keep buying the same thing over and over if that was allowed to stay up. :rolleyes:

Hi

I'm using the version released at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4091 on 24 Oct 2008. Everything is working great, except for the fact that I can't find it when I search for it at https://test.authorize.net. The problem might be that the Transaction ID is 0 (zero <- for Googling this post) for some reason. Take a look at the e-mail I get:

Date: Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:51 PM
Subject: Shared Developer Test Account Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation
To: Matt Alexander <mattalexx@****.com>

************* TEST MODE (Certification) *************

Hi test customer,

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : Shared Developer Test Account
Date/Time : 29-Oct-2008 03:51:21 PM
Transaction ID : 0

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
Invoice Number : 1
Description : The Practical Sanskrit-English Dictionary(qty: 1)
Total : US $142.00
Payment Method : Visa

==== BILLING INFORMATION ===
Customer ID : 4237
First Name : Matt
Last Name : Alexander
Company :
Address : asd qwed qwe dfwef
City : asd
State/Province : New Mexico
Zip/Postal Code : 87529
Phone : 575-751-****
Fax :
Email : mattalexx@****.com

==== SHIPPING INFORMATION ===
First Name : Matt
Last Name : Alexander
Company :
Address : asd qwed qwe dfwef
City : asd
State/Province : New Mexico
Zip/Postal Code : 87529

Thanks and regards,
Sihan

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

i'm getting a blank page when i go to orders.php in my admin.

here is what my code looks like around the lines that i need to modify. any suggestions?

<tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_owner']; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_number']; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?></td>
	  </tr>
<?php // begin cvv contribution ?>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVVNUMBER; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cvvnumber']; ?></td>
		<td colspan="2"> <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'] . '&action=deletecvv') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_removecvv.gif', RemoveCVV) . ' </a>';?></td>
	  </tr>
<?php // end cvv contribution ?>		  
<?php // Company PO Account start
}
	else if($order->info['purchase_order_number'])
	{
?>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_PURCHASE_ORDER_NUMBER; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['purchase_order_number']; ?></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
// Company PO Account end
}
?>
	</table></td>

what should this look like?