• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN - Invalid Process

360Sata

I have a problem regarding the Paypal IPN module. Everytime an order is placed which makes use of the module, the money goes through perfectly without problems.

However, when you check your email, not only do you have order confirmation but an email with the subject line: PayPal IPN Invalid Process.

This doesnt seem to harm anything but it is and extreme annoyance to have it coming in your inbox 24/7. I heard the problem is regarding non-alphanumeric characters in your description. However, I thought the description was not sent to paypal at all...?

Here is the description:

The new Xbox 360 Hard Drive connector from Team 360Sata allows you to connect your Xbox 360 hard drive up to your PC without voiding your warranty. You can backup your whole hard drive to make sure those long hours playing that 200 hour game isn?t lost one day when you have to or you accidentally format your 360?s hard drive. You can also take advantage of great software that is being developed out there, esp. at 360gamesaves.com. Xplorer, their flagship piece of software allows you to access every file on your 360?s hard drive. You can trade about any game save you want, just go to the game save archive located on 360gamesaves website and upload one of yours or download somebody else?s.<BR><BR>

No, you can not use this product to make unsigned content load on your 360, but once the 360 does get hacked, this product will make it easier to transfer data between your 360?s hard drive and your PC. Now you can keep your hard drive in its beautiful plastic shell and transfer data back and forth between it and your PC without voiding your warranty or having to take the hard drive out of its shell every time you wanted to transfer some content.<BR><BR>

Get this product now, because only a limited amount is being made to begin with. Every adapter is hand tested to make sure it works before it is shipped to you. You will receive a tutorial on how to hook it up properly in the quick guide shipped with the product. An extended guide will be made available on our web site a little bit after the launch of this product, along with a video guide to this product. Buy now before they run out!

I fear the problem is regarding the line breaks '<BR>' as '>' or '<' are not an alphanumeric character. However, obviously, the <br> does not show up to the end user - being it an HTML tag and all.

Im not sure what the module considers as 'non-alphanumeric'. Could you point out the offending characters to me for it to be recitfied.

I would love it if there was another workaround. As I dont wish to get rid of the line breaks or alter the description if possible.

Please help,

Adam

Edited by 360Sata

It may also matter, that IPN is not enabled on my paypal account. I would enable it if I knew what to put in the URL box which says you have to enter the URL at which you will receive the payment notifications below. Well what is that?!

Adam

The email goes something like this - ive deleted names, emails and id's to save peoples identities:

$_POST:

payment_date=08:21:55 Mar 12, 2006 PST

txn_type=web_accept

last_name=DELETED

residence_country=GB

item_name=Team 360Sata Store

payment_gross=21.75

mc_currency=USD

business=DELETED

payment_type=instant

verify_sign=DELETED

payer_status=verified

tax=0.00

payer_email=DELETED

txn_id=DELETED

quantity=1

receiver_email=DELETED

first_name=Visa

invoice=22

payer_id=DELETED

receiver_id=DELETED

item_number=

payment_status=Completed

payment_fee=1.15

mc_fee=1.15

shipping=6.75

mc_gross=21.75

custom=23

Edited by 360Sata

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have just started to get the same errors on my site. I get an email with ( PayPal IPN Invalid Process )

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2

and on the site I get this in the ORDER DETAILS PAGE

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

09/04/2006 22:58:48 False Pending PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]

09/04/2006 22:58:50 True Preparing [PayPal IPN]

I used to get this in the comments box

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

03/04/2006 18:33:30 True Preparing [PayPal IPN]

03/04/2006 19:01:00 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; ?15.94)]

Any suggestions

Edited by blueSatsuma

Hello everybody,

This just started to happen to me to one month ago, and I don't have a clue as why it started suddenly. I'm using the original supported Oscommerce PayPal module.

Mine looks the same:

$_POST:

mc_gross=46.37

invoice=1997

item_number1=

payer_id=

tax=0.00

payment_date=06:38:58 Apr 10, 2006 PDT

payment_status=Completed

charset=windows-1252

mc_shipping=5.33

mc_handling=0.00

first_name=

mc_fee=1.93

notify_version=2.1

custom=1967

payer_status=unverified

business=

num_cart_items=1

mc_handling1=0.00

verify_sign=

payer_email=

mc_shipping1=5.33

txn_id=

payment_type=instant

last_name=

item_name1=

receiver_email=

payment_fee=

quantity1=1

receiver_id=

txn_type=cart

mc_gross_1=46.37

mc_currency=EUR

residence_country=

receipt_id=

payment_gross=

$_GET:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At last, the problem was with my ISP, here is the solution from PayPal:

- Firewalls

IPN is an HTTP POST initiated from PayPal. If you have a firewall on your server, make sure your firewall is not blocking the post from PayPal.

*Should you need to open your firewall to allow IPNs into your network, please refer to the following FAQs for IP address information.

Title: IP address for Production PayPal servers

URL: https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cf...ated=1122398622

• 2 weeks later...
At last, the problem was with my ISP, here is the solution from PayPal:

- Firewalls

IPN is an HTTP POST initiated from PayPal. If you have a firewall on your server, make sure your firewall is not blocking the post from PayPal.

*Should you need to open your firewall to allow IPNs into your network, please refer to the following FAQs for IP address information.

Title: IP address for Production PayPal servers

URL: https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cf...ated=1122398622

Dear All,

Also check what version of php your server is running, I had problems with PayPal IPN and v4.4.2, but not v4.3.11, no idea why, but there is some difference between the two, which made the IPN work for me.

George

• 10 months later...

I am getting the same invalid process email.

I found this on the godaddy website

How to communicate with paypal from godaddy.

If this is the fix, where should I put this code?

<?

$URL="https://www.paypal.com";

if (isset($_GET["site"])) { $URL = $_GET["site"]; }

$ch = curl_init();

echo "URL = $URL <br>\n";

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);

//curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY,"http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128");

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $URL);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 120);

$result = curl_exec ($ch);

echo "<hr><br>\n";

echo 'Errors: ' . curl_errno($ch) . ' ' . curl_error($ch) . '<br><br>';

echo "<hr><br>\n";

curl_close ($ch);

print "result - $result";

echo "<hr><br>\n";

?>

Thanks,

Dave V

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

i am using osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.3.3 , and its working for me. At first i too get a lot of errors like this.. of invalid transaction. , but first we have try make an exact email test account thru developer sandbox. then use the password

And make the setting in your oscommerce modules payment at paypal IPN settings with your sandbox business test account email. and just configure your autoretrun domain path at your testing email account profile at sandbox account.

thats all..

Hi harikatt,

could you please explain where to set the last part of your message

... and just configure your autoretrun domain path at your testing email account profile at sandbox account.

thats all..

thanks for your help.

I am running RC1 with the standard paypal ipn. Currently I am working with the sandbox and the order is processed correctly (money transfer and stock count).

But for every transaction I get one email from paypal with the title "PayPal IPN Invalid Process"

Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Thanks for your support.

Hi harikatt,

thanks for the info. In the meantime I have "solved" my problem. I created a new account for the sandbox and I don't get any "IPN Invalid Process" emails anymore. Since I haven't changed a lot in the sandbox account it is still a mystery for me why the problem is gone now.

But sometimes you have to think don't ask and be happy that everything is working as it should. :huh: